Buyers order not going through because "it's not verified"

mantvydas1

Question

A buyer ordered from me but he says the order didn't go through even though he paid for it. He contacted support and they said that both me (the seller) and him need to pass some verification and that they sent it to our emails, I did not receive any email and the email address they say that they sent it to is wrong. Now the buyer is asking me to tell him my correct email so they (fiverr's suport) can send the verification over.

Screenshot_4.png.010e362b334fe3799d9de2dc078234af.pngScreenshot_3.png.c4805dcaa23cdc27e740fd4aec8bb4a4.pngScreenshot_1.png.20cb260180c277b69f2052088a9d5917.pngScreenshot_2.png.98e1c28a7eb29932116b3a63a2305a3e.png

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

Oof, so they are getting smarter.

This is a scam - from the looks of it they tried to bait you to tell them your email (which you didn't, that's great!) I think the whole process ends in them (aka fake fiverr support) needing to 'verify your bank card'.... which ends up sending them your money. 

If you read between the lines it's almost funny - the faked messages from support are... pretty bad. But... people who really want to score that first sale might easily fall for it. (Or they just freak out thinking they need to verify themselves and so on... it's pretty nasty.)

@Kesha

This is why I was saying that more than your post is needed (I know I keep repeating myself.) The scammers are learning and changing their script.

• Like 1
  • Up 3

4 hours ago, katakatica said:

Oof, so they are getting smarter.

This is a scam - from the looks of it they tried to bait you to tell them your email (which you didn't, that's great!) I think the whole process ends in them (aka fake fiverr support) needing to 'verify your bank card'.... which ends up sending them your money. 

If you read between the lines it's almost funny - the faked messages from support are... pretty bad. But... people who really want to score that first sale might easily fall for it. (Or they just freak out thinking they need to verify themselves and so on... it's pretty nasty.)

@Kesha

This is why I was saying that more than your post is needed (I know I keep repeating myself.) The scammers are learning and changing their script.

Yup and it's a 6 year old account as well, which kind of also added some credibility, I guess. Plus we chatted for quite a while and discussed the job in the detail before he asked for me to send the offer

• Like 1