What does your social media algorithms say about you?

Kesha

I’m convinced that your Tiktok algorithm and Instagram ‘For You’ page says a lot about you! Whether you’re an aspiring Top Chef, a fitness fanatic or an (un)certified business guru, your feed usually holds the clues of who you are.

For example, spend a few minutes scrolling through my feeds and it won’t be long before you realize just how obsessed I am with fashion, pop culture, home decor, and all things digital marketing! 🫣What about you? What corners of the internet do you always find yourself roaming? 🧐 Go ahead and spill, we promise not to judge!

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I watch things like this. 

thank me later. It's only mildly disturbing. 

Loving your side of the internet! 🙌 This was genius and entertaining! My only regret is I didn't pop some popcorn before watching. Felt like I was watching a full-length film. 

• Like 5

In terms of professional interests, I do affiliate marketing for a number of products and services and have a Facebook page with the affiliate links for those. I also have core experience in IT risk, audit, governance, compliance and security.

On a personal note, most of the sites I frequent will deal with one or more of these topics (usually not combined together) 😉:

-Music and pop culture from the mid-1960s to mid-1980s

-Travelling (global)

-World history - especially ancient civilizations and archeology

-Paleontology, astronomy, and various other sciences

-Coins and stamps

-Australian Rules Football (it's the season now)

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

While I'm in my mid-30s I'm an old fogey at heart and don't use social media much, even for my business, so the algo has to dig deep to determine my likes. So my social media algorithm is full of "Hey, we saw that you bought this thing on Amazon so here's 1 million other products exactly like it for you to consider" 🤣

Edited by texvox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Only use Tiktok randomly and I only listen to classic music, or watch historical stuff. I also like to watch videos of properties on sales such as houses or apartments. But then, I'm planning to move to the capital city and purchase a home there.  

• Like 3