Buyer asked for my Email Address with Screenshot

fatimaviral

Question

I got a text from a buyer and he asked me to create an Map Animation video. i made a short clip to show him if this is the style he want and he just said its perfect and i want it and he offered me 10x more price than my original price. after that he said  i am new and i dont know how to place the order so i sent him custom offer. but then he asked for my Email address and sharing the screenshot as well that fiverr is asking for Seller address.

My question being is that a Normal thing? or will it affect my account?

ss.PNG

• Like 5

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

It's a scam. Don't give your email or any private info. It's a made up form.

Report the seller.

You could also see the terms of service at: https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/terms-of-service

which says:

Requesting or providing email addresses, third party messaging applications, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 2

Thank you

i just got another message named as Support 

"Неllо, оnе оf уоur itеms (рrоduсt оr sеrviсе) wаs rесеntlу sоld оn оur sitе. Аt thе mоmеnt wе саn't trаnsfеr mоnеу tо уоu bесаusе уоu hаvеn't vеrifiеd уоur ассоunt dеtаils. Рlеаsе vеrifу уоur ассоunt bу sсаnning thе Quаr соdе, оr уоu саn sеnd us аn еmаil in this сhаt whеrе уоu wоuld likе tо rесеivе instruсtiоns. Wе ароlоgizе fоr thе tеmроrаrу inсоnvеniеnсе. Аs а соmреnsаtiоn tо уоur ассоunt will bе сrеditеd bоnus 10$, whiсh уоu саn withdrаw tо уоur саrd оr usе fоr аdvеrtising оn оur sitе. Тimе fоr vеrifiсаtiоn is limitеd, аftеr 6 hоurs уоur ассоunt will be blocked. Sinсеrеlу, Fivеrr suрроrt tеаm"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2