I am a top seller but not getting orders anymore, Do you have the same problem?

aysekoker

Hi there, so I have been selling on fiverr for the past 3 years as top seller and I had regular clients and orders that I was able to make a living with that. I sensed a slow down during 2023 but as soon as we entered 2024 suddenly briefs and clients are cut. I know there might be many reasons for this, like the usage of AI, bad economy etc etc. But what I know is I deliver a good service that I had always repeated buyers. One thing got my attention I checked the last seens of all my clients or messages all was from decades ago which got me thinking Fİverr is actually lost some buyers and market became too saturated. The AI "artists" also reduced the market pricing I guess. So I know there might be many reasons but do you experience the similar thing or is it just me?

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

This issue has affected many senior sellers, including myself. Impressions have dropped over the past few weeks, but gig ranks remain. Fiverr has made a major change to the algorithm due to which the prior communication and performance of senior sellers is now affected.

• Like 9

Realistically, we are living in rather bad times from an economic standpoint. Leaving Fiverr's changes aside, there are also less buyers on Fiverr and for digital artists specifically, as well as writers (in my case), AI ate up a lot of the market. Plus, with people not having lots of money to spend.. it just became a lot harder for many sellers with a higher pricepoint to sell more, or anything a tall in some cases. And it's not that amazing at a lower pricepoint either.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, aysekoker said:

So I know there might be many reasons but do you experience the similar thing or is it just me?

I'm definitely experiencing the same problem. I went from having to work my buttocks off every week, to about 2 to 3 orders a month. I believe the main reason for me as a writer is the use of AI as @donnovan86 mentioned.

The frustrating thing is not knowing how to change things around due to so many factors being at play. I'm privileged in the sense it's not my main source of income so it doesn't increase my stress levels. However, I really love what I do and hope I'll be able to turn the tables back to how they once were! 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

On 4/8/2024 at 12:00 PM, sabinespoems said:

I'm definitely experiencing the same problem. I went from having to work my buttocks off every week, to about 2 to 3 orders a month. I believe the main reason for me as a writer is the use of AI as @donnovan86 mentioned.

The frustrating thing is not knowing how to change things around due to so many factors being at play. I'm privileged in the sense it's not my main source of income so it doesn't increase my stress levels. However, I really love what I do and hope I'll be able to turn the tables back to how they once were! 

AI replacing humans as poets feels so dystopian. I hope your orders pick up again soon.

• Like 4
  • Up 2