Should I block this buyer who's showing many red flag

bobipineman

Question

I'm kinda conflicted on this case.
after discussing the scope of the project I correct and reduce the price of my offer. She didn't accept the offer and rightly after, she ask me for update. Told her I won't start the project until the offer is accepted, the scope of the project is way too small to worth a ''sample''(it just a single sprite in iso perpective) and gently told her I won't do the job until I'm garanteed to be paid. Then she start to pester me.
After telling her I won't work for free she tell me that 3 seller already did it wrong; first red flag

3 day later she come back and ask if I can do it for 10$, if she continue to pester should I block her? Hence she doesn't seem to understand that I simply don't work for free and she show too many red flag 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

6 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, bobipineman said:

I'm kinda conflicted on this case.
after discussing the scope of the project I correct and reduce the price of my offer. She didn't accept the offer and rightly after, she ask me for update. Told her I won't start the project until the offer is accepted, the scope of the project is way too small to worth a ''sample''(it just a single sprite in iso perpective) and gently told her I won't do the job until I'm garanteed to be paid. Then she start to pester me.
After telling her I won't work for free she tell me that 3 seller already did it wrong; first red flag

3 day later she come back and ask if I can do it for 10$, if she continue to pester should I block her? Hence she doesn't seem to understand that I simply don't work for free and she show too many red flag 

Stay away from buyers like this. This will not end well 99% of the time. 

90% of buyers who ask for discounts will either revision you to no end, demand free work with threat of your rating, or will simply give you a low rating because they can never be satisfied. The only ratings I've gotten below 4.7 star all came from discounted orders. 

That's my opinion on the matter. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

Trusting your gut is always a good idea :) She seems someone who I wouldn't like to work with. 

I never knew someone can be blocked here but it sounds like a good idea, because as I understand you can be hired here without a question if they agree to pay for your gig as much as you ask, and this is not a client I would ever like to have, especially after long negotiations like in your case 😞

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobipineman said:

That's not the first red flag. She refused to place an order (first red flag), then she pestered you (another red flag), then she complains about other sellers (yet another red flag)...

I wouldn't work with someone like her. In my experience (after 1,800+ orders), nothing good comes out of working with buyers like her.

1 hour ago, bobipineman said:

if she continue to pester should I block her?

I typically politely tell them that I'm sorry, but I can't help them/I'm not a good match for their needs/I just got hired to work on something big and wouldn't have enough time to dedicate to their project/feel free to come up with your own excuse.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, biaynamahari said:

I never knew someone can be blocked here

Hi, if we are sure that the client is not real, we can block someone from the chatbox by following the below steps.

• Hover the mouse pointer to that suspicious message.
  • Click on the 3 dots (More Actions) on the right-hand side of the message.
  • Choose 'Mark As Spam' and/or 'Report'
  • The person will not be able to send us a message again and it will not affect our response time/rating.

That's the manual process of avoiding scammers. But, Fiverr security monitors the chats and if it finds anything suspicious, it will automatically mark it as spam and block that person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, puspojit_biswas said:

Hi, if we are sure that the client is not real, we can block someone from the chatbox by following the below steps.

• Hover the mouse pointer to that suspicious message.
  • Click on the 3 dots (More Actions) on the right-hand side of the message.
  • Choose 'Mark As Spam' and/or 'Report'
  • The person will not be able to send us a message again and it will not affect our response time/rating.

That's the manual process of avoiding scammers. But, Fiverr security monitors the chats and if it finds anything suspicious, it will automatically mark it as spam and block that person.

Thanks, this is very useful. 

• Like 1