Does an old account affect sales?

zubairshah611

Hi everyone I want to ask that I created an account on fiverr in 2021 but i got sick and couldn't sell my services. Now two weeks ago I published my two gigs and they have very few impressions and no orders. is it because of my old account or some other problem?

• Like 2

I too have an old account. I created my account on 2020. Got a job so was not selling on fiverr. Recently I started my fiverr account on January 2024 and got order. In my opinion old account doesn't affect sales.

May be There is another factor, my account was in buyer mode all this time. Only when I published my first gig, my account converted from buyer to seller on Jan 2024.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Zubair,

Getting your first order on fiverr can be very hard, dont lose hope though, you just need to keep at it , keep optimising and improving your gigs and you will get there!

Ive taken a quick look at your profile and gigs, your profile looks great, but there is a few things I would recommend to improve your gigs:

1. Your gig photos arent the correct size, the text on the photos is cut off and not showing correctly.

2. I would add 3 photos to your gigs, one advertising what you do, one with more information and one about yourself and your experience

3. Videos for gigs help greatly, I would definitely reccomend making a video of yourself to showcase that you are a real professional

4. Definitely adding example work to your gigs, you can do this in the gallery section and can add up to two examples

Its a long road, but if you keep at it you can get there!

Best of luck!

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

What kind of result are you looking for? 

i have been trying for a long time to get more impressions and clicks . so i have done a lot of changing in my gigs and am trying to improve it so that clients can reach me. but i could not get any significant results from it. and still  could not get any order.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 5:15 PM, zubairshah611 said:

Hi everyone I want to ask that I created an account on fiverr in 2021 but i got sick and couldn't sell my services. Now two weeks ago I published my two gigs and they have very few impressions and no orders. is it because of my old account or some other problem?

I checked out your gigs and there are a few issues. First and foremost is the price of your "I will create seo backlinks dofollow high authority with white hat link building" gig. Since you are a level 0 "New Seller" with no ratings, everyone who would be interested is waiting for others to buy from you and leave a rating before taking the risk. At your current level, you want to compete with others in the same rank which would require you to price your gigs at $5 for the basic package. At $20 you are competing with level 2-TRS who have 500-1000+ 5-star ratings. 

The second issue is again with your pricing. It makes little sense to buy anything other than multiples of your basic package. For example: I can purchase 4x your $20 basic package and receive 20 additional High DA and High DR Dofollow White Hat Backlinks For Top Google Rankings over your Premium package and save $50. 

Your other gig starting at $5 has the same pricing issue with the packages. I can just buy 6 multiples of your $5 Basic and save $10 over the cost of the same amount of service I would get from your Premium package. 

The above package issues are a very likely reason you aren't making a sale.

3rd is your description. Most of the people who would require your service aren't tech-savvy enough to understand the jargon used. It comes across as confusing and appears scammy as similar terminology is commonplace in spam emails promising similar to your gig. I'm not saying you are a scammer, just letting you know how it may be interpreted. Make it simple enough that a 10-year-old can understand. 

This is all I have for you at the moment.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

I checked out your gigs and there are a few issues. First and foremost is the price of your "I will create seo backlinks dofollow high authority with white hat link building" gig. Since you are a level 0 "New Seller" with no ratings, everyone who would be interested is waiting for others to buy from you and leave a rating before taking the risk. At your current level, you want to compete with others in the same rank which would require you to price your gigs at $5 for the basic package. At $20 you are competing with level 2-TRS who have 500-1000+ 5-star ratings. 

The second issue is again with your pricing. It makes little sense to buy anything other than multiples of your basic package. For example: I can purchase 4x your $20 basic package and receive 20 additional High DA and High DR Dofollow White Hat Backlinks For Top Google Rankings over your Premium package and save $50. 

Your other gig starting at $5 has the same pricing issue with the packages. I can just buy 6 multiples of your $5 Basic and save $10 over the cost of the same amount of service I would get from your Premium package. 

The above package issues are a very likely reason you aren't making a sale.

3rd is your description. Most of the people who would require your service aren't tech-savvy enough to understand the jargon used. It comes across as confusing and appears scammy as similar terminology is commonplace in spam emails promising similar to your gig. I'm not saying you are a scammer, just letting you know how it may be interpreted. Make it simple enough that a 10-year-old can understand. 

This is all I have for you at the moment.

i am very grateful to you for the suggestions you have given me and i will consider them carefully and make changes as per the points you mentioned.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2024 at 12:01 PM, j_c_consulting said:

Hey Zubair,

Getting your first order on fiverr can be very hard, dont lose hope though, you just need to keep at it , keep optimising and improving your gigs and you will get there!

Ive taken a quick look at your profile and gigs, your profile looks great, but there is a few things I would recommend to improve your gigs:

1. Your gig photos arent the correct size, the text on the photos is cut off and not showing correctly.

2. I would add 3 photos to your gigs, one advertising what you do, one with more information and one about yourself and your experience

3. Videos for gigs help greatly, I would definitely reccomend making a video of yourself to showcase that you are a real professional

4. Definitely adding example work to your gigs, you can do this in the gallery section and can add up to two examples

Its a long road, but if you keep at it you can get there!

Best of luck!

Hi,

Would you like to review my profile and suggest to me how to improve my profile to get my first job?

Thanks
Kamrul Hasan Noor

• Like 3