TOS warning

naseemullah786

Question

Hi there!

I have received warning for TOS for academic work. I want to know that what should I do to avoid this type of warnings in the future? One of my gig about doing assignment work and teaching is on high rank. Should I delete that gig? Is teaching also prohibited on Fiverr?

Moreover I received one warning but my Fiverr application is showing 2 warnings in past 30 days. What should I do now?

Please advise me!

Thanks 

• Like 3

10 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, naseemullah786 said:

Is teaching also prohibited on Fiverr?

Teaching is allowed but the service you are offering here is not:

I can help you in school, college, university assignments related to programming, operating system, data structures, linear algebra, maths, and computer science. 

This is in the gig "I will do python and computer science assignments" (which should be deleted because it violates Fiverr's Tos).

To offer tutoring services the correct way, teach concepts and don't provide assistance with specific homework problems or student projects. Instead, use your own materials, lesson plans, and activities to teach your clients the subjects that they want to become proficient in.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 3
  • Up 4

Just now, naseemullah786 said:

Ohh I see. 

Thanks for your response and guidance . I appreciate 

I edited my last comment - changed "students" to "clients" - something that you should probably change in your gigs as well. You should probably avoid the words "student," "assignment," and "project." These are some of the negative keywords that I have to avoid these types of clients (I also have "essay" and "thesis" as negative keywords). In your gigs, mention that you work with "clients" and "buyers."

If you use the wrong keywords, you could attract the wrong clientele. 

1 minute ago, naseemullah786 said:

after informing the buyer, online tutoring is allowed.

Buyers can be very tricky. Some will try to give you projects that are school-related (but will deny that it is). So you should be ready to turn down orders that you suspect are school-related.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

Just now, naseemullah786 said:

Hi there!

I have received warning for TOS for academic work. I want to know that what should I do to avoid this type of warnings in the future? One of my gig about doing assignment work and teaching is on high rank. Should I delete that gig? Is teaching also prohibited on Fiverr?

Moreover I received one warning but my Fiverr application is showing 2 warnings in past 30 days. What should I do now?

Please advise me!

Thanks 

Hi too

Did not you read the TOS while signing up for an account? Academic services on Fiverr is not allowed. And yes, academic services related gigs should be deleted.

Read the following article:

Link: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020869658-Academic-services-on-Fiverr-The-Dos-and-Don-ts

Source: Fiverr Help Center > Trust & safety > Fiverr services - policies & guidelines

• Like 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, naseemullah786 said:

Is teaching also prohibited on Fiverr?

Teaching is a different thing, and doing the homework/assignment task that the student was supposed to complete on their own, and that task done by you will be submitted by the student pretending to be done by him/her - that is totally different thing.

It's simple : such assignments are unethical, and not allowed by Fiverr. Sometimes buyers reach out asking to do such homeworks, and they go even to the extent that they are the Dean or Professor of University, and want to cross-check the answers by expert. Such tasks are NOT allowed on Fiverr.

Edited by sripra9007
  • Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ana_tomy said:

Thanks for stepping in @smartdezigns 🙂

@naseemullah786 regarding the warnings, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll look into this for you, what I can see is that you have one warning for Academic Violation.

You can submit a ticket here or send an email to support@fiverr.com.

Good luck 🍀

Thanks for messaging and explaining!

I have read the article you provided and there is clearly mentioned that after informing the buyer, online tutoring is allowed. Am I right? 

Thanks again 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Teaching is allowed but the service you are offering here is not:

This is in the gig "I will do python and computer science assignments" (which should be deleted because it violates Fiverr's Tos).

To offer tutoring services the correct way, teach concepts and don't provide assistance with specific homework problems or student projects. Instead, use your own materials, lesson plans, and activities to teach your students the subjects that they want to become proficient in.

Ohh I see. 

Thanks for your response and guidance . I appreciate 

• Like 3

As @vickieito explained so well (as always ☺️), tutoring is allowed, however, there are strict rules you need to follow.

That includes the way you set the Gig, the description, and also your conversation with the buyer, and the way you're informing them about your services.

If you're having any doubts, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to set things straight ☺️

• Like 4
  • Up 2

3 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I edited my last comment - changed "students" to "clients" - something that you should probably change in your gigs as well. You should probably avoid the words "student," "assignment," and "project." These are some of the negative keywords that I have to avoid these types of clients (I also have "essay" and "thesis" as negative keywords). In your gigs, mention that you work with "clients" and "buyers."

If you use the wrong keywords, you could attract the wrong clientele. 

Buyers can be very tricky. Some will try to give you projects that are school-related (but will deny that it is). So you should be ready to turn down orders that you suspect are school-related.

I is very helpful. Thanks again 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ana_tomy said:

As @vickieito explained so well (as always ☺️), tutoring is allowed, however, there are strict rules you need to follow.

That includes the way you set the Gig, the description, and also your conversation with the buyer, and the way you're informing them about your services.

If you're having any doubts, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to set things straight ☺️

Thanks for explaining!

• Like 3