Should I cancel my order or proceed?

logolightuup

Question

I was working on a logo design order on Fiverr. Unfortunately, the buyer didn't like my delivered logo concepts though I delivered more concepts than my package offerings. Now, the buyer mentioned that they got done on this logo design from someone else and has given me requirements to design another new logo design in the same order.

His behavior hasn't been very good during the order, although he has got done other projects on Fiverr and have received 5-star reviews. Now, I'm unsure about what to do. Should I cancel the order, or should I proceed with the new design? I'm also concerned about the possibility of receiving a negative review. The order is for a $10 basic package. Due to my health issues over the past 2-3 months, I have already canceled multiple orders on Fiverr. The overall situation with my gigs isn't favorable. Please provide me advice on this matter.

• Like 5

2 answers to this question

Hi @logolightuup - Did you make a delivery on this order? If so, even if you canceled the order, the buyer could still leave a negative public review on the order. This is true for any orders where deliveries have been made. So whether you cancel or not, you could still get a negative review. It doesn't make sense to not get paid AND have a negative review. You should get paid for the work that you did. You might still get a negative review, but at least you'll be able to tell your side of the story and get paid for the work that you did.

As for the new requirements for another logo, that would qualify for an entirely different order. They paid for your logo concepts, which you delivered. Fiverr's ToS doesn't allow buyers to cancel because they decided after purchasing from you to "get it done by someone else." They paid and you delivered the work.  Fiverr's ToS also states that buyers shouldn't ask for free work (which is essentially what the buyer is asking you to do, by giving you new requirements).

Also, if the buyer is asking for another logo (and they didn't like the previous logo), why are they asking you to design another logo? It's very suspicious - if the buyer didn't like your work, why get another design from you (if not to get two logos for the price of one)?

Kindly let the buyer know Fiverr's delivery and cancelation policies and let them know that you would gladly assist them with their new logo, but it will be a new order. Be firm and stay professional. If the buyer keeps trying to pressure you, you can refer to the following: ⬇️

image.png.5aa0ec5365b914f382aea39443bc2a5b.png

• Like 5
  • Up 1

On 1/24/2024 at 2:56 PM, vickieito said:

Hi @logolightuup - Did you make a delivery on this order? If so, even if you canceled the order, the buyer could still leave a negative public review on the order. This is true for any orders where deliveries have been made. So whether you cancel or not, you could still get a negative review. It doesn't make sense to not get paid AND have a negative review. You should get paid for the work that you did. You might still get a negative review, but at least you'll be able to tell your side of the story and get paid for the work that you did.

As for the new requirements for another logo, that would qualify for an entirely different order. They paid for your logo concepts, which you delivered. Fiverr's ToS doesn't allow buyers to cancel because they decided after purchasing from you to "get it done by someone else." They paid and you delivered the work.  Fiverr's ToS also states that buyers shouldn't ask for free work (which is essentially what the buyer is asking you to do, by giving you new requirements).

Also, if the buyer is asking for another logo (and they didn't like the previous logo), why are they asking you to design another logo? It's very suspicious - if the buyer didn't like your work, why get another design from you (if not to get two logos for the price of one)?

Kindly let the buyer know Fiverr's delivery and cancelation policies and let them know that you would gladly assist them with their new logo, but it will be a new order. Be firm and stay professional. If the buyer keeps trying to pressure you, you can refer to the following: ⬇️

Thanks a lot!

• Like 4