Clients do not reply and go offline

victory_med

Hi ,guys!Im new to Fiverr and recently found a Fiverr forum!Glad to see you all!So, my question is.

Clients reaches my inbox and ask about my gigs with start like: "Hi!I want to do the infographic card". After I provide the answers asap but the clients just dissapers... No answer and even no longer available online. It has happened already 3 or 4 times. Why would it happen? Are they scammers?

• Like 21
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 12

45 minutes ago, victory_med said:

Hi ,guys!Im new to Fiverr and recently found a Fiverr forum!Glad to see you all!So, my question is.

Clients reaches my inbox and ask about my gigs with start like: "Hi!I want to do the infographic card". After I provide the answers asap but the clients just dissapers... No answer and even no longer available online. It has happened already 3 or 4 times. Why would it happen? Are they scammers?

i think it was scam .

• Like 25
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

10 minutes ago, sabina017212946 said:

i think it was scam .

Not always.  Sometimes a client will message multiple different freelancers before making a decision.  It may be that the answers you provided were not what the customers were looking for? However,  sometimes it takes a while for a customer to make a decision.  I regularly have them come back to me days, sometimes weeks after our conversation to purchase a gig.  

Keep the faith. 

• Like 30
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

Adding to the answers from above it could also mean they are no longer interested in the service or they found someone new to work with. I am sure you will find your potential buyers. All the very best of luck ❤️

• Like 24
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

They probably didn't like your prices and decided to go with someone cheaper. This often happens on Fiverr. I've had a client or two do the same to me, and then return weeks later and say... "the freelancer I hired didn't work out." I wonder why? 

• Like 27
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

On the buyer end. When I am freelancer shopping on any platform. I NEVER contact someone I am not intending to purchase a service from.

I treat it like in-person shopping. If I am planning to buy sneakers from Foot Locker or the NIKE store? I make a decision based on a number of factors (shoe selection for example), and that’s the store that I ultimately decide to give my business to for the day. 

Why message a freelancer when you have several others ‘in the wind?’ That’s what profiles are for. You read each one (sometimes five times if you’re me). To gather intel. Then, you compare each profile based on the information provided to you. 

Then at some point. You start eliminating candidates until you reach your chosen freelancer. The concept of messaging someone for no reason is foreign to me. If there’s something lacking, or missing from their profile that doesn’t line up with what you’re looking for. Then that’s a sign not to choose that particular seller, and keep searching for what you’re looking for. 

• Like 25
  • Up 3

This happens all the time.

Fiverr is a churn and burn - potential buyers decide if/when they want to respond. (it's just the nature of the game)

I honestly wouldn't stress any lack of response.

Just make sure YOU always respond and you'll be good.

Keep moving forward!

• Like 18

Sometimes, they don't have time to reply maybe because they are too busy at that time. Bust most clients reply as they need a better product and they need to clarify every detail before going into the execution. Mutual conversation obviously make client-seller relationship better in terms of understanding and collaboration.

• Like 16

On 1/3/2024 at 10:21 PM, nickj2013 said:

On the buyer end. When I am freelancer shopping on any platform. I NEVER contact someone I am not intending to purchase a service from.

I treat it like in-person shopping. If I am planning to buy sneakers from Foot Locker or the NIKE store? I make a decision based on a number of factors (shoe selection for example), and that’s the store that I ultimately decide to give my business to for the day. 

Why message a freelancer when you have several others ‘in the wind?’ That’s what profiles are for. You read each one (sometimes five times if you’re me). To gather intel. Then, you compare each profile based on the information provided to you. 

Then at some point. You start eliminating candidates until you reach your chosen freelancer. The concept of messaging someone for no reason is foreign to me. If there’s something lacking, or missing from their profile that doesn’t line up with what you’re looking for. Then that’s a sign not to choose that particular seller, and keep searching for what you’re looking for.

I think they are one of those clients who wants to hire someone online for the very first time so they can't decide on which one to choose. 

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Fiverr! It's not uncommon for clients to inquire and then not proceed. There could be various reasons, including changing needs, exploring options, or occasional inactivity. It doesn't necessarily indicate scams, but it's part of freelancing. Keep engaging positively, and you'll find clients who appreciate your services!

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 11:05 PM, victory_med said:

sorry if off topic, your nationality russian, right ? i was wondering if you were able to sell, fiverr disabled business in russia long ago ?

• Like 5