I am so tired of Chat GPT scripts!

melissaharlowvo

I am seeing more and more scripts sent to me that have been created by chat gpt. They are cliche and wordy and no one talks like that!!! I’m going to start charging to edit a chat gpt script. The buyer will say, “feel free to edit” and in my head I am thinking, “so you want me to make this conversational with cliche wording and sentences that are meaningless and sound like everyone else’s wordy stupid scripts?” I don’t mind a word or two but seriously, these scripts are so bad. 

“Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed?”

”What are you waiting for?”

”Take charge of your destiny!”

Need I say more? How are other creatives working around the awful ramblings of Chat GPT? 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I've found that unedited ChatGPT scripts are also nauseatingly repetitive, especially for long-form narration. I feel sorry for the people who have to endure the phrase "corporate social responsibility" every 30 seconds as a result of the last 7k-word project I voiced. It severely hinders the learning process. 

No one ever took me up on the proofreading add-on for over a year, so I removed it from my gigs. I don't see how offering to edit scripts would work here on Fiverr. Maybe I'm just not the best salesperson. So, for now, I edit in punctuation and add pauses so that concepts are grouped in a way that's a little easier to voice as well as listen to.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 12/26/2023 at 10:10 AM, mandyzines said:

I've found that unedited ChatGPT scripts are also nauseatingly repetitive, especially for long-form narration. I feel sorry for the people who have to endure the phrase "corporate social responsibility" every 30 seconds as a result of the last 7k-word project I voiced. It severely hinders the learning process. 

I think over time people will start knowing what a ChatGPT script sounds like. I already get orders to re-do an AI voice because it sounds so terrible. It’s a real skill to take a ChatGPT script and make it sound conversational as a voiceover. Now everyone thinks they are clever by using chat when in reality unless you know and understand prompting, then you will just get a regurgitation of everyone else’s script. 

I wish more people would chime in to this conversation but thank you!

• Like 9

23 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

I think over time people will start knowing what a ChatGPT script sounds like

How many exposures to ChatGPT scripts does it take to identify them, correctly?

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running into a ton of these as well and agree, it's pretty crazy how repetitive they are. I've used this to my advantage though and pitched copy editing services to bring the scripts out of the robotic and into the human conversational realm. One of my copywriting connections is benefitting more than he knows from me referring people to him to refine these terrible scripts from Chat GPT 😆

• Like 3
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...