Experiencing a Sharp Decline in Orders!

farshad19rodar

I am currently on the first page of search results within my field, with a range of 400 to 700 impressions and a minimum of 12 clicks on my gig, in recent weeks. However, despite having consistent impressions, I am not receiving messages from clients as frequently as before. While I used to receive around 10 messages daily, now it's more like one message every two or three days. It's worth noting that I haven't experienced any cancellations, and all my ratings are at 100%. Additionally, my last deliveries received 5-star ratings. I'm thinking about what might be causing this decline in client interaction. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by farshad19rodar
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You barely had any orders the last 2 months, and Fiverr tracks your activity and compares it with others. Maybe some of the customers also left a bad private review. There can be a variety of things. 

I've had six orders in the last two months, which is good for my field—game development. However, the issue is that I'm not receiving messages from clients anymore. My impressions seem normal (I think), and this situation is really strange. Additionally, I've been chosen as the Fiverr choice twice in the last three months. I consistently deliver work with a 5-star rating, and clients reorder from me. Therefore, I don't think they have given me private bad reviews.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, farshad19rodar said:

My impressions seem normal

Impressions mean people find you in search, but they pass by. It's just like having a restaurant and people see it, go near it, but don't enter your business. So they don't matter. Clicks matter. I have a similar situation now, and the same thing, I don't really have a good idea why this is happening. There's most likely less demand. 

And just because you have great public reviews, that doesn't mean your private reviews are identical. My Fiverr contact clearly said that even if I had 5 stars for an order, I had a bad private review for it. Fiverr asks customers if they liked the work, it doesn't specify that the review in question will affect you. It's just a more general question and some people just complete it randomly. They don't know it will affect us. I had people randomly review me with a single star saying Great Work so.. I can only imagine private reviews...It is what it is man. 

• Like 12

Hey! Yes that sucks. I´ve just had a look at your profile and your gigs (unreal engine game creation, cinematic animation for nft etc) they look attractive and I assume you focus on horror theme? Perhaps you can try another theme if that is suitable with your workstyle. For example candycrush style with rainbow colors. Goodluck, may you get more clients again! 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, teamandromeda said:

Hey! Yes that sucks. I´ve just had a look at your profile and your gigs (unreal engine game creation, cinematic animation for nft etc) they look attractive and I assume you focus on horror theme? Perhaps you can try another theme if that is suitable with your workstyle. For example candycrush style with rainbow colors. Goodluck, may you get more clients again! 

Thank you! I create various types of games, not just horror games. I truly like it return to the way things were before. 

• Like 10

@farshad19rodar If you are talking specifically about game development and 3D related field, it's probably because it's the end of the year. I am a 3D artist and have many friends on Fiverr who have gigs related to game development. They always complain that they do not get much sales in October, November and December.

Even in 3D category, I am experiencing this issue. Despite impressions and clicks, buyers are not taking much interest in purchasing and those who are buying are spending less money than usual. My success manager also told me that it is normal for sales to decline in the last months of the year.

Edited by rawque_gulia
  • Like 11

15 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

@farshad19rodar If you are talking specifically about game development and 3D related field, it's probably because it's the end of the year. I am a 3D artist and have many friends on Fiverr who have gigs related to game development. They always complain that they do not get much sales in October, November and December.

Even in 3D category, I am experiencing this issue. Despite impressions and clicks, buyers are not taking much interest in purchasing and those who are buying are spending less money than usual. My success manager also told me that it is normal for sales to decline in the last months of the year.

yes, that is true, thank you so much for your insights 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

I think there is a general slow down in a lot of categories as people try to make their money go further. I see a flush of activity in the first two weeks, then it slows down and I recieve orders for smaller amounts. There is a chance there is something going on behind the scenes regarding your ratings, but I would also bear in mind, a larger, wider economic slow down. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1