I'm a new seller on fiverr.

madrajeepixels

21 hours ago, madrajeepixels said:

Which is best Choose for me?

I think these people are going about it the wrong way.

What you should be asking yourself is what services can you provide that someone would want to pay for. It shouldn't matter if the category has a ton of competition or not.

And there's nothing stopping you from making multiple gigs, so why don't you just focus on what you're good at?

• Like 12
  • Up 1

On 11/20/2023 at 11:31 PM, mhallvo said:

I think these people are going about it the wrong way.

What you should be asking yourself is what services can you provide that someone would want to pay for. It shouldn't matter if the category has a ton of competition or not.

And there's nothing stopping you from making multiple gigs, so why don't you just focus on what you're good at?

+100

The people that make a good income from Fiverr are not "lucky", they are highly skilled professionals who created gigs based on what they are good at. So, you might find a niche with low competition, but if your only motivation for creating a gig in that niche is that it has low competition and you have little to no skills/experience in that area, then you will not be successful. Sure, you might get lucky and get a couple of orders, but eventually your lack of skill/expertise is going to be evident from the poor reviews you'll receive. I honestly do wish you guys all the best and that you are able to find a way to make an income to support yourselves and your families, but this is not the correct way to do it.

For example sake, this is how I started on Fiverr:

1. I had 10 years of experience working in a particular technology in my regular job.
2. I searched the technology on Fiverr and looked at the competition.
3. I had to be honest with myself and asked, Can I provide the same or a better level of quality/service as the highest rated sellers in that technology for the same or lower cost? Yes, I believe I can with my 10 years of experience and looking at some of the customer photos of the projects that my competition had completed.
4. Created a gig, ensured I had no spelling or grammatical mistakes in my gig description, added a couple of pictures of projects I had completed in the past and set my price a little lower than the top competition.
5. Three weeks later, I had my first order.
6. Adjusted my prices higher once I had 10+ 5 star reviews

At step 3, if I answered No to that question I would not have created a gig on Fiverr. That would be the same as me opening a new kebab shop next to 50 other kebab shops in the same street. Only difference is the other kebab shops have food that tastes better and is higher quality than mine. I might get a few customers that try my shop, but those customers won't come back, and they'll leave bad reviews which will stop new customers from even trying my kebabs.

If you are at step 3, and you have zero skills and experience then your answer is also No.

• Like 4
  • Up 2