Addressing a Recent Surge in Unsolicited Work Requests from Fellow Sellers

asifhassanantue

Hey, Fiverr community,

I hope this post finds you all in good health and high spirits. I wanted to bring to light a concerning issue I've been facing on the platform lately, which involves receiving a significant number of unsolicited work requests from fellow sellers.

Over the past few months, Fiverr has been doing an excellent job at filtering out spam and improving the overall experience for both buyers and sellers. However, recently, I have noticed a noticeable increase in unsolicited messages from other sellers, asking me to give them work.

While networking and collaboration are essential elements of any community, it's crucial that we respect each other's boundaries and maintain a level of professionalism. Unsolicited work requests can be disruptive and can hinder our ability to focus on providing the best service to our clients.

To tackle this issue, I've had no choice but to mark these messages as spam to ensure that my inbox remains clutter-free and allows me to focus on serving my clients effectively.

I kindly urge my fellow sellers to refrain from sending unsolicited work requests to their peers. Instead, let's foster a community of mutual respect and support by engaging in meaningful conversations, sharing tips, and offering constructive feedback.

If you're looking to collaborate or seek advice, I encourage you to use the appropriate channels, such as the forum, to connect with other sellers. Let's work together to maintain a positive and professional environment on Fiverr.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Asif

• Like 15
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

I agree completely.  Unfortunately, the people who do this type of thing won't read or understand this post.

Just keep marking them as spam.

Yes, I am marking spam but within 3 or 4 days I got around 20+ messages and after I marked all of them spam, my response rate went down to 99% from 100 %. 

I may have to contact support for this downgrade. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

On 9/29/2023 at 10:34 AM, asifhassanantue said:

my response rate went down to 99% from 100 %. 

I have a quick response that basically says "This is spam" that I push before marking them as spam. I know it's not supposed to affect you, but it does seem to.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I have a quick response that basically says "This is spam" that I push before marking them as spam. I know it's not supposed to affect you, but it does seem to.

My response rate has been all but permanently at 98% since I missed a spam message (that was put in the spam box before me saw it.) I haven't missed anything else and reply within the hour most of the time, so that's the only thing I think could have happened. 

I'm mostly annoyed by how so many spammers click on promoted gigs lately. I know we're not supposed to be impacted by that, but it can't be a good sign to the system that the click we get doesn't end up as sales, can it?

• Like 9