Forum vs Kitchen Nightmares

newsmike

I watch very little television, but I happened to stop on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Watching, I realized that it is the exact same script as most posts in the Fiverr Forum.

KN: Desperate couple asks Chef to come and save their failing restaurant from bankruptcy.

FF:  Desperate sellers come to forum and complain about no sales, falling sales or other such deficiencies.

KN: Chef samples the food in the restaurant. Points out the deficiencies such as frozen food, microwaving, boring menus and unskilled cooks.

FF:  Seniors look at the seller's gigs and point out poor grammar, unoriginal work, stolen images/descriptions and exaggerated skillsets.

KN: Restaurant owners respond, "That's BS. People love our food." "It's a family recipe, Ramsay is an idiot.

FF: Seller ignores suggestions, but uses AI to post nonsense like "Stay online always," in an effort to appear successful. Also keeps profile pic that looks like a mug shot. 

KN: Chef finds old slimy chicken, improperly stored foods, rotten vegetables, dead bugs and mice in fridge. Owners lie, "baffled" as to how any of this may have happened. Yelling ensues. "Ramsay is an idiot. I should punch him."

FF: Seniors find false "Fluent English," fake degrees from invented universities, and other outright lies in gigs and profiles. Point them out. Seller doubles down on lies. Yelling ensues. "You are all idiots. I should punch you."

KN: Yelling and crying, threats to leave.

FF.  Yelling and crying, threats to leave.

KN: Owners realize Ramsay knowns what he's talking about, promise to reform and do it the right way.

FF: Sellers sometimes agree to make the changes suggested, thanking us for providing the proper steps. "Amazing info."

KN: 3 months later, owners reverted to their old, lazy ways within 2 days and now are out of business. Meanwhile, chef gets back on private jet to London to visit his Michelin starred restaurants.  Owners still tell anyone who will listen that Ramsay is an idiot.

FF: 3 months later, seller starts new forum thread that says "I cannot Mek Sells, since 3 months please guide me." 

Best-Kitchen-Nightmares-Episodes.jpg

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Up 1

I've only seen bit and pieces of Kitchen Nightmares, but that chef dude yelling at people in his British accent is...
quite amusing to watch.

(I did read somewhere that he's actually really sweet off camera)

BTW I'm sure there were SOME, I repeat SOME people who asked for suggestions/advice here at the forum, took it seriously and eventually improved and
increased their sales...but yeah the majority of the people who ask for help are...sigh. 😅

• Like 7

1 minute ago, zeus777 said:

I've only seen bit and pieces of Kitchen Nightmares, but that chef dude yelling at people in his British accent is...
quite amusing to watch.

(I did read somewhere that he's actually really sweet off camera)

BTW I'm sure there were SOME, I repeat SOME people who asked for suggestions/advice here at the forum, took it seriously and eventually improved and
increased their sales...but yeah the majority of the people who ask for help are...sigh. 😅

Best moment ever.

Sandwich Gordon GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, newsmike said:

FF: 3 months later, seller starts new forum thread that says "I cannot Mek Sells, since 3 months please guide me." 

This is why I don't spend my time analyzing their gigs in an effort to be helpful anymore. Whenever I see "rank my gig" or "down day by day" posts I simply scroll on past.

I can't be bothered with it any longer. 

Nor can I be bothered watching the American version of Kitchen Nightmares. It's more of an act than pro level wrestling. 

Sorry, my American friend, but TV is one thing us Europeans do better, in my opinion. Also, no prescription medicine ads. Movies, not so much, though going by the studios it won't be long until no entertainment is watchable no matter where it's produced.

Edited by smashradio
Typing from mobile!
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

Just now, newsmike said:

I think the American version of "The Office" settles this argument.

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Office

Haha. I'll give you The Office. 

And I really can't deal with British humor. 

My favorite though, has to be Married With Children. It's the pinnacle of American dad television, and no one is going to convince me otherwise. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

And I really can't deal with British humor. 

I like some British humor. But the dramas are excellent.  Misdomer Murders, Shetland. Far superior to the 30,000 shows all from the same CSI script. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, zeus777 said:

I agree. It's similar to getting the PRO seller badge --> 1%

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

This is why I don't spend my time analyzing their gigs in an effort to be helpful anymore.

Indeed. All the answers/tips have already been written hundreds of times on the forum. 

Like you, I don't spend time on that.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

I like some British humor. 

That reminds me 5 years ago when I had an opportunity to work in London. All my colleagues are fan of Simon Pegg. But it took some weeks to me to understand british humour.

Edited by michmikaia
Typos
  • Like 5

I love Gordon Ramsay! I do prefer the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares, but watched a lot of the US show. It's an absolute joy watching him lose his mind with those people. 

"You served a vegetarian tomato sauce with pork bones in it?"

"That's how we make our sauce. The pork gives it flavour."

"But she's vegetarian!"

"Well, that how we do it..."

"What the F**K is going on here?!!!"

🤣

PS. As a Brit, obviously, I think our humour is the best. And now I live in Germany, the place where irony goes to die. 

Edited by leannelrivers
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1