Auto check for malware on files

Hello, all Fiverrs!

As a freelancer on Fiverr, I believe that having an automatic file checker for malware on both the buyer and seller side would be incredibly beneficial for the platform.

Firstly, having a file checker would help ensure that all files being uploaded and shared on Fiverr are safe and secure. This would help protect both buyers and sellers from potentially harmful files and would help prevent any damage or harm to their devices, would also help build trust between buyers and sellers.

Buyers would feel more confident in their purchases knowing that the files they receive have been thoroughly checked for malware, while sellers would have peace of mind knowing that their files are not being used maliciously.

Overall, I believe that implementing an automatic file checker for malware on both the buyer and seller side would help improve the quality and safety of the Fiverr platform, as well as build trust and confidence among its users.

Best regards,

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, methark said:

Firstly, having a file checker would help ensure that all files being uploaded and shared on Fiverr are safe and secure. This would help protect both buyers and sellers from potentially harmful files and would help prevent any damage or harm to their devices, would also help build trust between buyers and sellers.

That would be more expenses for Fiverr. Plus, most if not all online-conscious buyers and sellers already use an anti-malware tool. Also, if Fiverr's tool offers a false positive, then it would bring a lot of liability for them. I just don't see them doing this. 

• Like 2

Hello donnovan86,

I understand your point. Perhaps a simple message would do the trick - something like: "We recommend that you scan the files with your anti-virus software before opening them. Fiverr does not offer anti-malware check-ups."

I'm just pointing this out because not everyone (buyers or sellers) is tech-savvy about these things, so it’s good to be aware of possible security issues and how to avoid them. 

What do you think?

• Like 2