Which games are good for kids

zubairfb

There are many games I played as a kid such as Minecraft, Roblox, Shadow Fight 2, Hill Climb Racing etc.

But most importantly you should encourage him to play real games in real life, For example, Cricket, Football, Badminton, etc And for indoor Chess. You should also join in sometimes and play with your kids for a healthy upbringing.

• Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, zubairfb said:

Any game lovers here.  Which game is safe and good for young kids below 10.

I would suggest puzzle games. They're great for promoting critical thinking skills, and it's usually easier to find age-appropriate ones. (I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to get digital versions of kids activity books.)

Tablet games, though, that's tricky.

If you want to let your kid keep using the tablet, you need to secure it to restrict purchases. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

On 4/15/2023 at 9:33 PM, zubairfb said:

Hi, 

Any game lovers here.  Which game is safe and good for young kids below 10. I have given my son a tab and he is playing games and charging my credit card for games.

Hi :). Oh-oh, be very careful, there are gacha games out there that are super easy to spend substantial amounts on. 💸

I'd look for educational games that are fun and interactive and teach something at the same time, for example another language, or about environment, kids can so easily learn stuff by having fun, and they usually love a "challenge".

The games by trustworthy companies typically list the appropriate age, and often are supervised by education pros, and there are entertaining while educational games with popular characters, too, you can probably find a few games for some of your son's favourite cartoon, movie, or book heroes, and you can see footage on YT for many, so you can check them out a bit.

But, yeah, pay attention to the "in-game purchases trap", and if you want to let him purchase, maybe see if you can set it up so that he'll need to ask you to do it for him by fingerprint or password or something 😅

Edited by miiila
  • Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how old the child is, card games like Uno, board games like Monopoly, and video games like Mario Kart are all good games for kids. Interactive games like Simon Says or I Spy can also be fun for very young kids. It's important to choose games that are right for your child's age, since some games are too hard or dangerous for younger kids.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I don't recommend mobile games with microtransactions, it's not good for kids. It would be better to give them computer games or video game consoles (like Nintendo Switch), in my opinion. But if you want mobile games without microtransactions I have a couple in mind (you have to buy them, they are not free, but it's worth it) like Stardew Valley or Pureya.

Edited by eufasy
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'd recommend:

Minecraft, it's pretty much digital lego, always good.

Puzzle games in general (the witness, portal, baba is you, antichamber, the pedestrian are all great) - good to develop critical thinking skills.

Sports/ Racing games are also usually age appropriate and are good to develop reaction times and fine motor skills.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I know about this game that my baby cousin used to play. It is called Plants vs. Zombies. I think 7 year olds will love to play this game because it is so simple to play. Try it! 

However, there are educational games too which are also great. Solving puzzles, word games and color sorting games should be on your list as well.

plants-vs-zombies-2-keyart.jpg.adapt.crop1x1.767p.jpg

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1