Gig Exposure and Promoted Gigs

danimarti

Hi everyone! 
I'm very curious about other sellers' experience with this topic.

When I became a Pro seller, my most popular gig was at 2500 views per day. 
I have been very dedicated to it; I'm a Level 2 seller, my response time is 1 hour, I don't have cancellations, all my reviews are five stars, my repeat business rate is at 92%,  and I'm very close now to becoming a Top Rated Seller.

Because of my investment in the platform, Fiverr was my only source of income and job, and it made sense to me to promote my gig to reach a bigger audience, paying the recommended $5/day. After several months, I saw no improvement in my exposure; the views and clicks per day remained the same. So I canceled my promoted gig as it didn't seem worth it, and to my surprise, my views went down to 1500 views/day. I contacted support, and the only answer I got was the typical standard about quality, response rate, etc., which I already do daily.

That has been like this for six months, so I decided to try it again since my gigs never returned to the 2500 views/day, and my monthly income was now putting me in a difficult situation. I promoted my gig again at the recommended $5/day. Unfortunately, I see the pattern happening again, where my views per day don't improve, and I'm wondering if I cancel, they will drop my exposure again.

Does anybody have a similar experience?

• Like 10

On 4/10/2023 at 11:41 PM, danimarti said:

Hi everyone! 
I'm very curious about other sellers' experience with this topic.

When I became a Pro seller, my most popular gig was at 2500 views per day. 
I have been very dedicated to it; I'm a Level 2 seller, my response time is 1 hour, I don't have cancellations, all my reviews are five stars, my repeat business rate is at 92%,  and I'm very close now to becoming a Top Rated Seller.

Because of my investment in the platform, Fiverr was my only source of income and job, and it made sense to me to promote my gig to reach a bigger audience, paying the recommended $5/day. After several months, I saw no improvement in my exposure; the views and clicks per day remained the same. So I canceled my promoted gig as it didn't seem worth it, and to my surprise, my views went down to 1500 views/day. I contacted support, and the only answer I got was the typical standard about quality, response rate, etc., which I already do daily.

That has been like this for six months, so I decided to try it again since my gigs never returned to the 2500 views/day, and my monthly income was now putting me in a difficult situation. I promoted my gig again at the recommended $5/day. Unfortunately, I see the pattern happening again, where my views per day don't improve, and I'm wondering if I cancel, they will drop my exposure again.

Does anybody have a similar experience?

As a new seller, thats very sad to hear. I hope that you get good response.

• Like 7

I feel you. We're pretty much in the same boat. I am already a top rated seller with 100% in all metrics (response rate, order completion, etc.) and Fiverr is a big part of my income source as well. My main gig has been doing well since 2016 but starting from the later half of last year to now I feel it has been the worst it has ever been in terms of gig performance. My gig's impressions were 1000+ a day and now can drop down to 300-100. I am also running the promoted gig feature but it doesn't help much if any. Tried the seller plus program as well, updated my keywords according to it and still didn't help.

As of now, I am not getting any new messages from potential buyers (they used to be daily) neither am I receiving any new briefs. A lot of my past clients have also not been active. I just really don't know where it went wrong and how to improve the situation.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, calumbax said:

Hmm, I wonder if there might be some component where going from promoted to not promoted somehow deboosts you?

I don't think that's the case. What I mean is that due to the rising competition on Fiverr, it's common to face such situations. I myself have experienced it. However, my suggestion is that you keep promoting your gig. As long as you're making a profit in the long run and getting orders, don't give up. Remember, it's normal not to receive orders every day, even after promoting your gig. This might be due to the intense competition. So, let your boosted gig run for a few weeks, and if you receive inquiries, that's a good sign. Try your best to convert those inquiries into sales.

• Like 7

That's pretty interesting to read for me as well. I also experienced this and couldn't really see why exactly, I think it's like the others wrote: more competition. When my impressions/views dropped, I started to update my gig (description etc which actually converted well for 2 years) and I feel like this helped again.  

• Like 7

No one can tell how Promoted Gigs works anymore. At the beginning it seemed stable. But now, there are times where you get a lot of impressions and clicks, but no orders. And times where you get a lot of impressions, but no clicks. And times where you get clicks but messages from people that aren't even interested in your gig. But just want to sell, peddle, or chat random gibberish. In my case, my last two clients didn't come from promoted gigs. Now compare that with this time last year, and I was getting QUALITY orders and QUALITY inbox messages from promoted gig clients. Something's changed... for the worst.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 4/18/2023 at 6:09 AM, smartpad said:

I don't think that's the case. What I mean is that due to the rising competition on Fiverr, it's common to face such situations. I myself have experienced it. However, my suggestion is that you keep promoting your gig. As long as you're making a profit in the long run and getting orders, don't give up. Remember, it's normal not to receive orders every day, even after promoting your gig. This might be due to the intense competition. So, let your boosted gig run for a few weeks, and if you receive inquiries, that's a good sign. Try your best to convert those inquiries into sales.

That's probably a fair point, although it's an important factor which I think sellers should be informed of. If you need to run the promotion for x amount of time before you're likely to make a sale directly through it, then it's a question of if you have the upfront capital to spend on that. Depending on a seller's price, and average sales, it could cut into an already thin margin.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, calumbax said:

That's probably a fair point, although it's an important factor which I think sellers should be informed of. If you need to run the promotion for x amount of time before you're likely to make a sale directly through it, then it's a question of if you have the upfront capital to spend on that. Depending on a seller's price, and average sales, it could cut into an already thin margin.

Correct. That is why constant monitoring is crucial to ensure that a promotion or marketing campaign is generating the desired results. It allows for timely adjustments and prevents unnecessary spending of resources. Ignoring the need for monitoring can have a negative impact on profitability and success.

• Like 6

Thanks to all for your comments.
After a while and long consideration, I decided to cancel my promoted gig again. I know I won't get sales every day, but Fiverr states that Promoted Gigs provide 200% more exposure and double your sales. I'm spending $150/month on my ads and I didn't even see an improvement in my views, and no inquiries, to be honest I had the worst month so far with only 1 sale and was a repeating buyer, so for me, promoting gigs doesn't work.
On the other hand, I can confirm my views per day now dropped to 1000 views/day. 
So it looks like I can't rely on the platform to make a stable income and I will have to look for other sources.
I agree with the comments that the increase in competition and probably the state of the current economy are not helping.
I'll keep an eye on my stats and update the post if anything changes.

• Like 6