how to get order

smrakib

12 hours ago, smrakib said:

4 month still no order now i have depression 

Depression is a serious condition, not a word that should be used lightly to make people pity you. If you truly have depression, you need medical help.

Anyway, what did you hope to accomplish with such a statement? Do you expect people to order from you out of pity, even though you don't seem capable of doing the job properly?

• Like 9
  • Up 2

13 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Depression is a serious condition, not a word that should be used lightly to make people pity you. If you truly have depression, you need medical help.

I've been thinking about writing a (very real and somewhat vulnerable) post about the reality of a seller living with anxiety/etc. (the mental health issues people throw around) but then I realized that the only people who read it would be those who understand so... 

12 hours ago, smrakib said:

4 month still no order now i have depression 

Have you given a thought to WHY you might have no orders? 

Look at your profile from a buyer's perspective. Would you trust yourself? If the answer is no, I think it's pretty obvious. Edit your gigs until you'd feel confident about trusting YOURSELF if you were a buyer. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2

16 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I've been thinking about writing a (very real and somewhat vulnerable) post about the reality of a seller living with anxiety/etc. (the mental health issues people throw around) but then I realized that the only people who read it would be those who understand so... 

I would be interested in reading it, that's for sure. I think we could do with more discussion of mental health in freelancing. 

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 9
  • Up 3

24 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I agree with @vibronx I think a lot of us would read it and definitely reflect on our own situation.  It's a lonely old world being a freelancer sometimes,  add to that the stress of not having a guaranteed income or sick pay and you can very quickly spiral into a dark state. 

I think you'll be surprised how many people would read it and think. 'that's me too'

We don't talk about mental health enough (Especially in the UK) and there is still a stigma attached to it that prevents people from opening up.  Your post may 'open the floodgates'. but it would definately be a worthwhile topic and discussion. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

28 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I would be interested in reading it, that's for sure. I think we could do with more discussion of mental health in freelancing. 

12 minutes ago, breals said:

We don't talk about mental health enough (Especially in the UK) and there is still a stigma attached to it that prevents people from opening up.  Your post may 'open the floodgates'.

Honestly, it might be time, then. To be honest I sat down a few times and tried to write it (which should be easy, given, you know, what I do for a living and all) but it's a bit harder than fiction I guess. I do agree that we need to talk more about these things, I guess I was just worried that it'd either get the type of attention that we don't want on the post or just get buried (so basically... I was worried about everything?)

• Like 7
  • Up 3