Which software will help us to learn animation ?

dijatul

Hi there.

There's no software that will teach you how to animate.

You need to pick a software and then use it every day.

If I were to learn animation all over again today, I would still pick after effects -for several reasons- but I wouldn't just use templates or YT videos to learn.

I would also try to apply the 12 basic principles of animation.

So I would carve out a time of day where it's just me using after effects for 1 hour, just learning the ropes, failing as much and as often as possible.

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 12:39 PM, dijatul said:

What software will help you to learn animation ?  I know there are tons of youtube videos but would like to know regarding software

Well, As far as I know, there is no application/software for learning animation.
I mean, Duolingo teaches you languages and you can install it on your smartphone, and some apps coach you to work out in the gym... but there is nothing to "teach" you animation.
(Perhaps making one would be a nice idea for some app developers!?)

But for picking the right software, I would propose to pick a set of software that has the most coordination with each other and work together well. 
I use Adobe suite for 2D and everyone knows the most adapted 3D software to Adobe After Effects and Adobe Illustrations is Cinema 4D which I use as well.

I would suggest starting with designing courses first. 
You should know how to draw first, which I regret I didn't take much time when I started 6 years ago. 
Then you are supposed to know and practice animating software and as others mentioned above, 12 principles of animation are essential to practice.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Initially I started with the old Flash program, when this program belonged to Macromedia and later to Adobe. Then I went back to the program when it had changed the name to Adobe Animate CC.

I currently work with Adobe Animate, Adobe After Effects (the most complete)... and if it's very simple animations I even use Photoshop.

• Like 2