Which software will help us to learn animation ?

dijatul

Hi there.

There's no software that will teach you how to animate.

You need to pick a software and then use it every day.

If I were to learn animation all over again today, I would still pick after effects -for several reasons- but I wouldn't just use templates or YT videos to learn.

I would also try to apply the 12 basic principles of animation.

So I would carve out a time of day where it's just me using after effects for 1 hour, just learning the ropes, failing as much and as often as possible.

• Like 18
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 12:39 PM, dijatul said:

What software will help you to learn animation ?  I know there are tons of youtube videos but would like to know regarding software

Well, As far as I know, there is no application/software for learning animation.
I mean, Duolingo teaches you languages and you can install it on your smartphone, and some apps coach you to work out in the gym... but there is nothing to "teach" you animation.
(Perhaps making one would be a nice idea for some app developers!?)

But for picking the right software, I would propose to pick a set of software that has the most coordination with each other and work together well. 
I use Adobe suite for 2D and everyone knows the most adapted 3D software to Adobe After Effects and Adobe Illustrations is Cinema 4D which I use as well.

I would suggest starting with designing courses first. 
You should know how to draw first, which I regret I didn't take much time when I started 6 years ago. 
Then you are supposed to know and practice animating software and as others mentioned above, 12 principles of animation are essential to practice.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Initially I started with the old Flash program, when this program belonged to Macromedia and later to Adobe. Then I went back to the program when it had changed the name to Adobe Animate CC.

I currently work with Adobe Animate, Adobe After Effects (the most complete)... and if it's very simple animations I even use Photoshop.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

If you are beginner, then I think you should choose one animation software and learn from beginner to mastery paid course. Nowadays many softwares for animation is performing well in animation sector and OfCourse you will be distracted but you will have to stick only with one software.

First of all, you should go for paid course "beginner to master" to avoid distraction. After completed the course you should practice, and you can also learn new techniques from YouTube or paid courses and refine yourself.

As per me Adobe After Effect is great animation software for starting point. After that you can learn other as per your requirement. As per me YouTube should be second priority for beginners for learning any software. 

• Like 4

Animation itself is a Huge and Wast field.
You may need to be clear about exactly what you want to learn. 2D Animation or 3D Animation.

Also, if you want to 3D. There is plenty of things you can do. You can start with Basic Modeling. I would suggest Blender for that.
Again, Learning and Practice is more important than just a Software.
You can learn How model, then Rigging, Texturing, Lighting, and then finally Animation.
This process takes lot of time and effort which actually worth.
If you just want to "Try" Animation quickly, you can then go with the Software like iClone 8. Pretty Simple and Easy to use. Absolutely beast for beginners.
But this software may not help you to clear your core concepts. If you are enjoying Animation, and confident in going in Animation field, then you are good to put your Heart and Soul into a Software.

As I can see, there is lot of comments there which are suggesting After effects. Awesome software for 2D Animation. As I'm not expert in 2D Animation, I can't suggest you much about 2D Animation.

At the end, Learning and Practice on daily basis is more important than just focusing on Tools and Software.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Like it's been said before, no software will actually teach you how to animate. You pick up the software after you've learned to animate. That being said, the software you pick up will all depend on the kind of animation you do. For example, Adobe Flash, Animate CC, and software like that will help you great if you're a frame-by-frame animator, whereas blender will work wonders for 3d animators, and something like Adobe After Effects will help with vfxs and textual animations or 2d rigged animation with tweens. It all depends on what you're looking to do. I personally think that a good knowledge of all the software is the way to go when becoming a professional animator. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, dijatul said:

What software will help you to learn animation ?  I know there are tons of youtube videos but would like to know regarding software

There are many software options available for learning animation. Some of the best animation software in the market are **Visme**, **Adobe Animate**, **Adobe Character Animator**, **Pencil2D**, **Biteable**, and **Animaker**¹. 

**Visme** is a cloud-based animation software that allows you to create animated videos, presentations, and infographics. It has a user-friendly interface and offers a wide range of templates and assets to choose from¹. 

**Adobe Animate** is a new and improved version of Adobe Flash Professional. The software lets you create interactive vector graphics and 2D animations for videos, ads, games, television, and more. You can animate characters, avatars, shapes, and other assets using timeline controls¹. 

**Adobe Character Animator** is a 2D animation software that allows you to create animated characters in real time. You can use your webcam and microphone to capture your facial expressions and voice, and the software will animate your character accordingly¹. 

**Pencil2D** is a free and open-source animation software that allows you to create 2D animations. It has a simple and intuitive interface and offers a wide range of tools and features to create animations¹. 

**Biteable** is a cloud-based animation software that allows you to create animated videos for social media, marketing, and other purposes. It has a user-friendly interface and offers a wide range of templates and assets to choose from¹. 

**Animaker** is a cloud-based animation software that allows you to create animated videos, presentations, and infographics. It has a user-friendly interface and offers a wide range of templates and assets to choose from¹. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 3/15/2023(1) 26 Best Animation Software for Beginners in 2023 [Free & Paid] - Visme Blog. https://visme.co/blog/animation-software/ Accessed 3/15/2023.
(2) The 23 Best 3D Animation Software for Beginners in 2023. https://academyofanimatedart.com/3d-animation-software-for-beginners/ Accessed 3/15/2023.
(3) Best Animation Software in 2023 (Free & Paid) — March - JUST™ Creative. https://justcreative.com/best-animation-software/ Accessed 3/15/2023.
(4) 16 Best Animation Software of 2023 (Free and Paid) - Pixpa. https://www.pixpa.com/blog/animation-software Accessed 3/15/2023.
(5) The best animation software in March 2023 | Creative Bloq. https://www.creativebloq.com/buying-guides/best-animation-software Accessed 3/15/2023.

• Like 4