Fiverr Seller Plus? Worth it?

rachelbostwick

Question

Now I'm super curious because a lot of you fine businesspeople are talking about it. 

I'm all on for the idea of investing $30/month in my business if it is worth it. But when I read about Seller Plus i didn't see anything that sounded like it would benefit me personally. I already have enough orders that i usually end up going out of office for half the month. My customers love me. I probably wouldn't use the coupons because my customers only need.me when they finish their books, and my regulars almost always come straight to me as soon as they need me. I can't think of a use case where the coupons would be of benefit. I'm already a TRS, though keenly aware that such things are ephemeral. I *would* like to be Fiverr pro for my children's book formatting, but I don't see any path to that through Seller Plus - just a few things that I want to work on personally before I consider myself worthy. 

So given all that, is there something I am missing? Even if it's just one good benefit, I'd be willing to look into it. Or if maybe the point is that joining up would show me what I am missing, in the sense that I have blind spots and maybe a fresh pair of eyes would help me see them, then maybe i should consider that? 

• Like 43
  • Up 3

I joined the Seller Plus the first month. Like @visualstudiosand @newsmike I enjoy the CS replies that happen within 2 hours or less. 

I also like the added analytics that I have used a bit but plan to use more now that I no longer care for a toddler five days a week.

My SSM has been super helpful with one challenging buyer. This person was very needy and manipulative. She would compliment you in the first half of a sentence and then give you a verbal slap in the face in the second half.  I had blocked her two years ago, but then she made a new account and placed a direct order for one of my gigs. I thought about canceling, but I thought that could affect my gig placement so, I kept my interactions with her to a minimum and completed the order, and she finally marked it complete and left a glowing review.  
I blocked her post-haste and had a cappuccino to celebrate.

But being the needy, devious person she was, when the buyer discovered I had blocked her, she contacted CS, telling them she wanted a revision, and they got in touch with me. 
I did not want to deal with her anymore!  I contacted my SSM and told him of my issues with the woman two years ago with her other account and now with this one.  He told me he would be getting in touch with CS and handle the situation.  

The CS agent acted as an intermediary for me, and I never had to talk to her again, although she did her best to find an excuse to contact me directly. 

Her revision was just an excuse to send a message to me through the document she wanted to be revised. I ignored the question and resent the original delivery to the CS agent; he sent it on to her. 

Then she said twice she could not open the documents I sent even though the CS agent and I both could. I am not sure what CS ended up doing with the buyer, but I did not have to deal with her. If I had not had an SSM, it would have been the same old story where the CS agent would have made me interact with the buyer. 

So, my SSM won my loyalty to the program with just that interaction. However, he also has given me plenty of good acvice for how to improve my profile and gigs, so I will not be quitting anytime soon. 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

If you want to find out for yourself, whats stopping you? Its 29 per month, and if you don't find it useful, you can stop using it. Having a dedicated human being inside Fiverr who is there to help is also nice. 

To be perfectly honest, I find the thought of someone giving me one-on-one advice about my business intimidating and even a little overwhelming. I'm so used to figuring things out for myself.

Edited by rachelbostwick
  • Like 20
  • Up 3

23 minutes ago, newsmike said:

It's like not having to wait in the security line at the airport. You go in the back door, and get priority level help and advice. That's all. Plus I believe even regular old CS responds faster. I always get a respose and resolution within 2 hours and that's 24-7. 

Same. As a TRS I already have priority, but it's faster now than it was before I got Plus. And like you said, the SM is worth it alone, but you have to utilize it. If you don't, and you're afraid of getting an opinionated view on what you do from someone else, you'll most likely feel that it's a waste. It's like having a good credit card and paying interest on it, but not using the free lounge, fast pass and extra miles you get. Gotta use it to gain from it. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

In my case, SM give me suggestions to improve, some things i did and others not. I was hoping to receive feedbacks over the time, after the first advices i didn't received more advices. I was thinking if i didn't received more advices this means that i'm going well, maybe not?

The features are good, like fast clearance, coupons, analytics, priority support. And most important the SM are humans and they help you much better than the CS, the cs is almost a copy and paste.

But i have my doubts about two points:

1- Growth programs priority, no one know how this works as the Seller Plus program is new.
2- All SM act in the same way? They will just come to us just if we get in touch?

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

I just signed up a couple of weeks ago. My SSR was great but he was a little surprised that I don't get more orders than I do. I have been on Fiverr for almost 4 years and made TRS last June, but after 4 years I only have just over 750 orders with 571 reviews (only 5 reviews are not 5 stars). So I am hoping Seller Success can help me find what is missing. I always joke that I'm probably the lowest earning TRS on Fiverr! 😂 

The first meeting was good and he was able to tell me that my private feedback (without getting into detail about it) was all positive. He gave me some suggestions for my profile that I have yet to put into practice, but I plan on doing it. Maybe I'm not as good as I think I am? 🤣

• Like 24
  • Up 1

If you aren't a TRS, having funding clearance quickened from 14 days to 7 days from being a SP member is a huge perk.

The increased analytics info, coupon offers to previous buyers, and extra 10 buyer requests have varying importance to each individual seller.

Having an actual go-between from Fiverr who knows you rather than just a random member of CS may prove invaluable if one finds themself in a pickle. The consultations are (for me at least) a great way to get some insight that isn't openly visible otherwise. I don't really message my SP manager as much as I should, but fortunately, I very rarely have troubling issues that require immediate attention or guidance from a third party.

• Like 25
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, kno010 said:

Can someone who has this subscription please give some more details about the analytics and financial benefits you get? Like for example what exactly is shown on the Keyword Analytics page?

It shows a list of the top five keywords your gig is ranking for, with number of impressions, clicks, orders, conversion rate, and revenue made as a result of your gig showing up for that keyword. You also get insight into CTR, conversion rate and results over time.

The financial benefits are a result of how you use this data to improve.

Greetings from a fellow Norwegian writer and translator! :)

• Like 24
  • Up 2

I got the invite to join that but am still contemplating if I would go on with it. Not because of the $30 charge, its pretty fine given the features you get access to (feels like a pay-to-win but not really situation but thats a whole nother discussion altogether lol*) . I feel like I get enough orders I'm capable of handling given I don't do this full time. More often than not, I even have to turn large projects down. Well I am sure Seller Plus is there so you can be even more successful, hehehe.

But I think the biggest thing (personally for me if I really had the time to take a lot of projects) is the success manager. I have a good friend who is a Pro Seller (he's not active in the forum) but he has had a success manager way before seller plus was a thing and when it was still free but has continued (as I think they are also paying now). His success manager was there even before his Pro days, and was there in his transition to Pro, and usually he gets suggested for certain large projects where his success manager puts in a good word for him for potential buyers or Fiverr related requests (relating to his gig). Its really a bang for the buck I would say (and this is just my opinion from what I know)... I think he got a really good success manager.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

I didn't join Plus to get more orders. I joined it to get less orders, but bigger ones. Having access to a SM who can help you with advise and tips can be helpful. The stats are very helpful as they are a great indicator about what you do right and wrong. I ended up making some drastic changes after I got Plus, based on advise I got and new insights. 30% increase in click-through-rate, doubled my rates, had a record month with fewer but bigger orders. Yeah, I would say its worth it. 

If you want to find out for yourself, whats stopping you? Its 29 per month, and if you don't find it useful, you can stop using it. Having a dedicated human being inside Fiverr who is there to help is also nice. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

Even if it's just one good benefit, I'd be willing to look into it.

The fact that I can email someone inside fiverr who can go talk to anyone in the company within a few minutes is worth is alone. My SM is super helpful, available to Zoom whenever I need to talk to him, and has given me advice that is already worth the year's fees. It gives you access to the inside level of fiverr.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

This might sound like a complaint, but it's not.

I signed up for the discount month when they first announced Seller Plus. After some scheduling issues, I did receive an email from my SP manager. (I cannot do Zoom calls, etc. because of some hearing issues that make auditory comprehension troublesome.)

I didn't get any specific advice, but I didn't have any specific questions either. Like you, I already had what I consider enough orders, but was eager to improve. I expected more, quite frankly... some type of 'here's my improvement or suggestion report for you.'

Before the next payment, I contacted Fiverr and asked them to discontinue the SP subscription. They cancelled my involvement immediately, which meant I didn't even get a whole month of the service that I paid for. I only ever received one introductory message from my success manager.

I've toyed with the idea of trying again, but I can't quite tell what I'd get out of it. Like Newsmike says, you get someone in Fiverr to talk to right away. But what for? Advanced analytics sound nice, but as I'm already getting plenty of orders, I'm not sure how they'd help. I don't expect to transition to Pro, so that's not a draw. I understand the mindset of "good enough" might hold me back (from my millionaire dreams?), but I'm not sure how SP would help with that.

Eagerly following this thread for more information.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 21
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

It's like not having to wait in the security line at the airport. You go in the back door, and get priority level help and advice. That's all. Plus I believe even regular old CS responds faster. I always get a respose and resolution within 2 hours and that's 24-7. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

The answer for now is I don’t know. 

I signed up last month to get some fresh perspective about my product and my process. Had a call and while the advice, in retrospect, was pretty obvious, some of it was too obvious for me to see or pay attention to on my own. I haven’t implemented any of the suggestions yet but the call definitely got me thinking and it’s good. We agreed to discuss the progress in a month or two which seems like a reasonable time to see the results.

The only criticism I have is that the call felt a bit rushed. And with more and more people signing up, who knows if the “premium” level of support is possible to maintain. We’ll have to see about that. 

• Like 23

On 9/4/2021 at 6:20 AM, rachelbostwick said:

To be perfectly honest, I find the thought of someone giving me one-on-one advice about my business intimidating and even a little overwhelming. I'm so used to figuring things out for myself.

Never be afraid to get help and feedback. I dont know about the 1on1 advice in Fiverr Pro, but in my experience its ALWAYS extremly benefical to learn from others.

I have taught myself many skills, including 3D modeling, texturing and programming. And I would never have the skillset that I have now, if I wouldnt have constantly asked for feedback and 1on1 mentoring.

• Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I've just sent a request to cancel my subscription after 5 month. 

Before I get started on why, I would like to say that I admit I didn't use it to it's full potential. However, I wanted something specific from it.

So for my first meeting I got a really nice feedback about my gigs that I applied and for me, I think it's a one time thing. also the extra analytics, theyre very good to update your gigs but again, for me i don't think I used it that much because once I updated my gigs, I can't see the use of them regularly.

now comes the important reason for my subscription when is the TOP RATED SELLER "skip the line' ad. so I've been eligible for TRS since April, never once lost eligibility, according to my SM I've always had a positive rating which is "hidden" and buyers do it internally. So I thought I had a big chance of getting it with the program you know. but I was wrong. So not so long ago I contacting my SM about it and he mentioned average selling price. anddd that was new to me. He did say he will try to help with it but honestly, I was kinda done. not in an angry way or anything I know there are things I can't just get. but no matter how front in line you get, your own stats will hold you back. so there's no point of it to me. my average selling price i would say isnt that bad. it's not 100$ but its not like 30$ either.

My personal take on it, new sellers should get it at least for 1 month to benefit from the analytic features and the first meeting with an SM and see how buyer request works for them. seller who make a really good profit should also get it for the CS fast response it's great, faster clearing for lvl2 sellers, and coupons.

as for me, I would join again only for the fast CS response, totally worth it but at the moment, I don't think I need it anymore. 

• Like 20