Is the gig price a problem?

munny_0303

Hello everyone,

I share an experience with you. A buyer inboxes me for his new FB page growing purpose. Well, when he asked me for a charge I said him that I'm comfortable with his budget. He offered me 50 USD for 1 week. Ok, I said I'm interested. Then he said to me he wants to start this job end of the month. Ok, no problem. But at the end of the month, he said me my gig rate is 50 USD for 1 month. but why do I take, 1 week with 50 USD? He didn't give me the job. 

Now my question is  "Is the gig price a problem?"

He viewed my gig then knock me & I didn't say any rate for this but why he did this?

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, munny_0303 said:

No, he said 50 USD for a week

Yeah and he might have seen your gig price is $30 for one month (for one account - based on your profile). That would be unfair if he's paying $50 for 1 week if your other customers are paying $30 for a month.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, munny_0303 said:

But I didn't charged him 50 USD for 1 week, he offered me

Because that was his initial budget, and then he might have seen your prices that it was $30 for a month. 

28 minutes ago, munny_0303 said:

he said me my gig rate is 50 USD for 1 month. but why do I take, 1 week with 50 USD? He didn't give me the job. 

As you mentioned here, it seemed like he asked why would you take 1 week for $50 USD if your rates are $30 for a month. 

• Like 9

You can get yourself in serious trouble for sending out misleading custom offers. 

If a buyer just shows up and offers you a higher price, you should inform them that your actual price for the job is X (according to the gig description). If they say: “It’s fine, I still want to pay a higher price, your work is worth it” (sometimes they do say that), then you can charge them that higher amount they want to pay. 

• Like 13

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...