New Dashboard layout, your opinion's?

davidstudio

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi levinewman,

My name is Snir, and I’m a product manager @ fiverr.

Can you please be more precise? What is so awful? What should be changed in order to make it better?

Thanks!

I’ll create a list:

1. It’s too big visually.
  2. The default shouldn’t be “All Orders” it should be “In Progress.” This makes it confusing and cluttered for people who have already turned in tons of jobs and see all the finished work below.
  3. The finished work should not, under any circumstances, show a “Days Late” on a turn in because that buyer didn’t leave a review. It’s unsettling and is NOT actually late. That creates a negative connotation that doesn’t exist.
  4. “We recommend you deliver early, so there’s enough time for revisions.” This is illogical and has no bearing on delivery, unless you’re now punishing sellers because buyers drag out revision times. It should be removed.

While we’re at it, you’ve made the inbox messaging system a complete mess as well, especially considering you dock sellers from not responding quickly enough. You use Response Time as a metric, but the only way to see if you need to respond to someone is if there’s a TINY clock next to the response? Which, by the way, disappears if you click on the message but haven’t said something. This is beyond awful and is going to cause more sellers’ responses times to drop because they click it and aren’t able to leave a message on the fly.

@snirelkaras Not happy with it.

1.Orders are still there which got delivered, making it confusing.
2. I see my gig’s picture, but can’t see it’s title. I know it’s my gig and I should recognize it by the basic image, but as a seller I rarely look at that. Can we get back the title of the gig? Makes it easier to read rather than guess.
3. The page does not have a title which shows on a browser tab. so on my browser tab now I see the http://www.fiverr.com/users/myusername/seller_dashboard
image.png.1835115c18e68630afc4a59a8d2af660.png
4. “Order Scope” label - unsure what is the information in there. It’s not clickable, it’s just a label saying order scope…
5. Due in 2 days. I’s a bit vague - can you write instead 1 days, 18 hours? It’s important when you work through time zones globally, “tomorrow”, or “in 2 days” is relative.

And a + one for @levinewman, he got a great list.

@snirelkaras Not happy with it.

1.Orders are still there which got delivered, making it confusing.

2. I see my gig’s picture, but can’t see it’s title. I know it’s my gig and I should recognize it by the basic image, but as a seller I rarely look at that. Can we get back the title of the gig? Makes it easier to read rather than guess.

3. The page does not have a title which shows on a browser tab. so on my browser tab now I see the http://www.fiverr.com/users/myusername/seller_dashboard

4. “Order Scope” label - unsure what is the information in there. It’s not clickable, it’s just a label saying order scope…

5. Due in 2 days. I’s a bit vague - can you write instead 1 days, 18 hours? It’s important when you work through time zones globally, “tomorrow”, or “in 2 days” is relative.

And a + one for @levinewman, he got a great list.

1. Due in 2 days. I’s a bit vague - can you write instead 1 days, 18 hours? It’s important when you work through time zones globally, “tomorrow”, or “in 2 days” is relative.

Yes, absolutely. I don´t have the new layout yet, but I´d hate losing this.

Great feedbacks.

Our goal is helping you manage your business the best way.

So we are all on the same side 🙂

We are continuously working on improving this page, so it will fit your needs.

Will be happy to hear more.

hey @snirelkaras, I agree with all of the above comments, and if I can throw in my 2 cents as well:

It is pretty clear that you are trying to help us, but it is also very clear that no one in the product team has ever used Fiverr as a seller for even a day.

What we need from our dashboard:

A clear, visually consice to-do list that will help us see what needs to be done and by when, at a glance.

The timer on each order needs to be exact to the minute. Not in days. It also needs to be bigger, more prominent.

Our gig’s images on the left are of no use. Wasted real estate. We need our gig’s title in order to quickly identify what the order is, and if we must have the thumbnail, it needs to be just that: a thumbnail. Smaller than what you have on there now.

I like that I can see the amount per order there, can we also have the ability to add our own labels next to the “in progress” or “under revision”. So that we can keep track of things. We could then add labels, much like we can in our inboxes, like “waiting on more info”, “this order is just for a revision”, or “try to deliver ahead of schedule, there’s a conflict”, etc

Great feedbacks.

Our goal is helping you manage your business the best way.

So we are all on the same side 🙂

We are continuously working on improving this page, so it will fit your needs.

Will be happy to hear more.

Hi Snir, thank you very much for working on improving this page!

While I tried to embrace the new layout and while it has some good ideas, it just doesn’t work for me - moreover, I find it cluttered and hard to see what I usually saw with the previous dashboard layout.

• First of all, the gig thumbnails take up way too much space without adding extra info about the order - It’s a great touch that we can know the amount, but the thumbnail needs to go or be extra small.
  • I think we don’t need to see the buyers’ profile picture either, it clutters the space unnecessarily.
  • The most I’m having problems with is the timer on each order - I know it may look like a decent size, but the way it was previously made it very easy to keep all the orders in check - at the end of the line, and not surrounded by images and placed under other elements.
  • I like that we can see all the active orders, but it’s frustrating to see orders that we have delivered with a very pink “late” date on them. They’re delivered, they’re not late. I’m guessing that’s more of a bug than a feature and is going to be ironed out.
  • As others have previously said, it would be great if it would default to ‘In Progress’ orders instead of ‘All orders’. I don’t need to see the orders I’ve already delivered all the time.
  • The part where you could see a buyer has rated your order has disappeared from the dashboard - it made it very easy to rate the buyer back. Now if one gets a lot of ratings in a certain amount of time, they couldn’t keep track because they’d have to click on the notifications tab and search for each individual notification and go from there.

I’m just adding to what everyone already mentioned, but all in all - the visuals make the dashboard more complicated. I’m more in favor of something that’s useful and fast, than something that visually looks good but hinders other aspects.

Thank you very much for being involved!

Hi levinewman,

Can you please be more precise? What is so awful? What should be changed in order to make it better?

Thanks!

Hi Snir,

Thanks so much for attending the Fiverr forum and ask the community for feedback.

May I suggest something?

The next time when any part of the website will be changed which will impact the user interface, please do some thorough testing with actual users before making the change. Even better, use the Forum first to get insights into development opportunities by asking questions, making a poll etc. You can even have some kind of focus group session with frequent users to find out where improvement opportunities are.

Implementing something and then asking for feedback doesn’t only show a lack of professionalism and a basic understanding of design knowledge, it is also disrespectful to the Fiverr community of sellers and buyers on which the company FULLY relies in making $$$.

Having said that, it is really great to see a Fiverr staff here on the forum interacting with the community. As you say, we are all in the same side!

Thanks.

Well, before I could actually immediately see how many orders do I have in progress and how soon each of them needs to be delivered.

Now I can see Active orders number at the top (with the delivered orders included – why?) and a huge preview of your own gig cover image for 10 times (for those who have 10+ active gigs it probably makes sense but does it have to take a 1/4 of a page?) . In addition to that, that faux “late order” information in red (when you deliver on time but it takes the client a week to request a few rounds of revisions and the order is then kind of late but really isn’t) is beating you over the head.

In conclusion, the information that is completely irrelevant to the list is given a central stage while you have to go through additional clicks to get to what really matters – how many orders that you actually have to do is in your queue at any given moment and how much time to you have to deliver them.

If delivering on time wasn’t such a big deal I could understand them playing around with the general look of the dashboard but it’s a terrible redesign for the page I rely on the most when I work.

PS Also, I’m sorry but 2 days 22 hours is 3 days, not 2.

hey @snirelkaras, I agree with all of the above comments, and if I can throw in my 2 cents as well:

It is pretty clear that you are trying to help us, but it is also very clear that no one in the product team has ever used Fiverr as a seller for even a day.

A clear, visually consice to-do list that will help us see what needs to be done and by when, at a glance.

The timer on each order needs to be exact to the minute. Not in days. It also needs to be bigger, more prominent.

Our gig’s images on the left are of no use. Wasted real estate. We need our gig’s title in order to quickly identify what the order is, and if we must have the thumbnail, it needs to be just that: a thumbnail. Smaller than what you have on there now.

I like that I can see the amount per order there, can we also have the ability to add our own labels next to the “in progress” or “under revision”. So that we can keep track of things. We could then add labels, much like we can in our inboxes, like “waiting on more info”, “this order is just for a revision”, or “try to deliver ahead of schedule, there’s a conflict”, etc

I agree with this. I never used the old dashboard and I am unlikely to use the new dashboard because the design doesn’t add anything to my workflow. I use the “Order” tab under the Selling menu since it has everything the dashboard has, without the clutter, and I can see an actual clock.

I love the idea of having custom tags that each seller could use to keep track of orders in the way that works best for them.

Hi levinewman,

Thanks!

I personally like the idea - not the layout.

1. Please allow for the categorization to be simple. When I logon I would like to be able to start working on project category by category. (And once logged back on it remains in the same category.)
  2. Would be nice to add our own label.
  3. Would be nice to have a counter.
  4. Would be nice to minimize the gig image as it is of no value.
  5. There’s a “0” sitting on the right hand side just above the stats, whats that for?
  6. The order timeframe is basically unnecessary considering the timer/deadline feature on start-up.

(The main thing is the categorization though)

Thanks!

Below is an example…

testinmylimit.thumb.png.896286fa42f9e1a5a45b59b522fb8cb0.png

Archived