Dealing with the outcome of a bad rating/review

shocksoundg

I’ve been active on Fiverr for a little over three months now and my reviews and ratings on my gigs have been great. As of four weeks ago I have also been cleared to be a Level 2 seller.

One thing I have a problem with is that a recent customer gave me a horrible review after she did not give me the requested information to write her bio within the time period agreed upon/due date period. So, to be nice I sent her reminders and I even sent her a bio template to fill in the blanks since she did not respond with her basic info for the bio as she said she wanted. After the deadline date she sent me message saying I never contacted her and what I sent would not work and she wrote me a horrible review. I refunded her money to her after she expected me to continue to work on her project after the due date. This one action from a crazy gig dropped my score for one of my hottest gigs down to 80%, which in my book makes me look trashy. Is their a fast way to get my score back to at least 95% for this gig in particular? My overall rating was reduced also to 95% from 100%.

After this experience my sales have dropped from 2-3 per day to about three per week.

Sorry to hear your woes ! im still to new here to give you concrete advice on this matter but from what i have heard from other sellers is once your scores drops from 100 it takes 10 positive reviews to increase your rating by just 1% again ! … but please don’t quote me on this though … all the best !

trust me, I experienced the same issue as you but one good thing the buyer made was not to leave a review, we were having discussions but it never worked so we went for mutual cancellation. I saved my rating at last. contact CS, they will help you

Guest mrspanda

Well, first of all request a mutual cancellation. If she accepts, it will erase the negative review.

If she does not accept, contact Customer Support and explain your situation. Include screenshots of anything relevant to help your case.

I believe if you’re at 99%, it takes 200 reviews to hit 100% so I am not sure how many it would take you.

Eventually Fiverr should accept that the current punitive feedback system is unfair. But since they designed it, they can’t or won’t admit that completely, so let’s hope for at least something like an “amnesty system”, or a “voucher system” where any of these sorts of concessions might be made:

a. Partial forgiveness for negatives during the transitional period of the V1 to V2 changeover

b. Dropping the lowest few ratings from sellers with otherwise good ratings - maybe do it when the seller hits the first six-month mark or every 1-year mark as an active seller or similar.

c. Implement a weighted system of negatives. Mutual cancellations only count as half a point instead of full, and so on depending on the REASON for the negative.

e. Time frames. Feedback in the last six months counts much more than older feedback

f. A “three Strikes” system. Every seller can contest a negative rating and get a full, honest examination of the case. And if they “win” that appeal, they still have their three strikes to use. If however a seller appeals a negative and LOSES the appeal, they get one strike. After three strikes - that seller is not allowed to appeal any more negtives for a while, since they have proven that they don’t know the difference between a valid and a frivolous appeal.

… and so on. Fiverr can be creative, but it is SO obvious that the current system of punishing sellers when the fault on so many failed sales is buyer error is unsustainable. And no, I’m not even a seller.

Archived