What do you think of sellers quoting very low prices for huge work?

trooviez9

If you stopped with the capital letters a bit it would really help.

Surely you would read the terms of service of any website before you start spending your money.

If you’d like to speak to customer service, here’s the link:

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us

NEVER said anything about NOT reading the TOS in fact that’s not what I said at all!! What I SAID WAS… it’s NOT covered in them what happens in realtime but covered with legal junk to protect them. Show me where in the TOS is says BTW! YOU MIGHT GET Multiple people with ZERO experience that will waste your time and it’s pretty much a guess because we don’t allow consumers to know which ones they are! Do me favor and quit replying to my comment ! P.s I’LL USE CAPS IF I WANT TO especially when I’m meaning to use them for certain words… DONT READ IT IF A CAP LETTER HURTS YOU!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That must have been a very bad experience, but it is one of the risks of hiring seller through buyer requests. You are highly certain to find novice sellers with little experience and are looking for reviews hence the reason for low pricing. I think the best way to reduce the risks of hiring a seller who will do shoddy work is to use Fiverr search results for the services you want. As a seller when I get an order through Fiverr organic search results, I tend to do it extremely well because I can understand the efforts the buyer took to choose me in the a sea of sellers with similar services.

Buyers who request services through Fiverrr search will most likely receive better services because they can communicate with the seller and see if they’re a match prior to placing the order. Again the order is buyer initiated and not seller initiated as in BR.

Happy selling!

Thanks for the advice. I unfortunately don’t need a logo made anymore as I had to make it myself… if I should use it again I’ll keep this in mind.

I think SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE! I’m curious! I came to this site as a new user simply look g to have a logo made because I didn’t have time to do it myself. I posted what I needed and was contacted by a plethora of “SO CALLED graphic artists” after waiting for an insane time to get the work done properly I ended up doing it MYSELF! Mind you after hiring 3 different people to do it! These guys had NO EXPERIENCE as a graphic designers! Heck one guy sent me back a variation of the rough SKETCH that I sent him to show what I wanted… I thought Omg is this a joke? But as a new user I don’t know… these are the people that contacted me! Said they could do it, they were professionals! They all had low offers and I thought wow these are not what I thought to pay but… ok! I’ll pay more if I like it. I was getting bids from 5 to 20.00 I said I don’t want the 5.00 ones they are to cheep must be a reason… so went with the 20.00 bids. NOW that I waisted ALOT of time and wayyyy behind schedule I obviously have cancled the offers and got my money back but I WANT TO LEAVE REAL FEEDBACK on there portfolio. How do I do that? There is no way these guys are real graphic artists, I think their feedback is fake Nd there pictures of work done is fake. Because I was bombarded by them when I posted my job I lost out on finding a REAL designer, lost a lot o time, and ended up doing it myself… which looks amazing BTW. I’m so annoyed with Fibers and WILL talk about my experience on my podcast so others know too!

Firstly, your attitude towards @offlinehelpers stinks. She was pointing out the way Fiverr works and its policies, she didn’t make them. You want to leave feedback on someone and not pay? Get real. Surely you can see outside your bubble and realize how open to abuse that would be? After cancelling, you would have had a chance to submit feedback to Fiverr regarding your experience, did you?

These guys had NO EXPERIENCE as a graphic designers!

If you want a “real” graphic designer, the price you were paying would cover approx 10-15 mins of their time. Sure, $20 is a 400% increase on $5 but it is still just $20 (of which a seller gets $16)… If you are looking for professionals then you need to pay something like a pro price, on Fiverr it will be cheaper than elsewhere but it is still a lot more than you were paying.

Logos at low-low prices are for things like personal blogs or youtubers, not for businesses to build their brand around. Fiverr offers the opportunity to anyone to offer their (excellent or rubbish) skills and for people to buy according to their needs and budget. Silk purses and sows ears come to mind.

The buyer request section is most often used by those who have weak or no sales - most experienced sellers don’t use them as they have regular buyers or show up in search results so they get their work directly. I never use it to buy. Fiverr is known for low prices but if you want to get a low price AND excellent quality then you need to put some effort in yourself - this is my opinion from being a buyer myself - look around, check samples, discuss with seller(s) etc. Professional logo design is NEVER an off the shelf purchase anyway, it is subjective, so you need to find someone you can work with to get what you want. If budget is the main concern then your requirements need to be in proportion to the price.

Firstly, your attitude towards @offlinehelpers stinks. She was pointing out the way Fiverr works and its policies, she didn’t make them. You want to leave feedback on someone and not pay? Get real. Surely you can see outside your bubble and realize how open to abuse that would be? After cancelling, you would have had a chance to submit feedback to Fiverr regarding your experience, did you?

These guys had NO EXPERIENCE as a graphic designers!

If you want a “real” graphic designer, the price you were paying would cover approx 10-15 mins of their time. Sure, $20 is a 400% increase on $5 but it is still just $20 (of which a seller gets $16)… If you are looking for professionals then you need to pay something like a pro price, on Fiverr it will be cheaper than elsewhere but it is still a lot more than you were paying.

Logos at low-low prices are for things like personal blogs or youtubers, not for businesses to build their brand around. Fiverr offers the opportunity to anyone to offer their (excellent or rubbish) skills and for people to buy according to their needs and budget. Silk purses and sows ears come to mind.

The buyer request section is most often used by those who have weak or no sales - most experienced sellers don’t use them as they have regular buyers or show up in search results so they get their work directly. I never use it to buy. Fiverr is known for low prices but if you want to get a low price AND excellent quality then you need to put some effort in yourself - this is my opinion from being a buyer myself - look around, check samples, discuss with seller(s) etc. Professional logo design is NEVER an off the shelf purchase anyway, it is subjective, so you need to find someone you can work with to get what you want. If budget is the main concern then your requirements need to be in proportion to the price.

Great response. Straight to the point

I fully understand offering low low prices in the beginning, its probably how most people get started and establish credibility. However, as you say, there are limits. Doing 30 mins work for the price of 10 mins is normal in the beginning, as the review is more valuable than the money but nobody is going to do 3 weeks work for the price of 1 week just to get a review!

Glad to see you got your Lev 1 badge!

Thank you! I’m happy to have made it to level one. The next level will really determine if I can make it here.

It’s up to the buyers to know what they want. I have buyers who after paying at a lower cost did not get the quality transcripts that they expected and had to request my service thereafter.

Hi Jamat! Ready to apologize for your slurs against mental illness yet?

It’s all so tricky. I deliver quality work at rock bottom prices because reviews are more important to me right now. But on the flip side, low prices may look as if you also produce low quality work. That thinking will cause buyers with that mindset to stay away. The fact that I’ve been able to make it to level one shows me that there are those who will take the chance. Thankfully my reviews have been really good so I hope to be able to move away from that model soon.

Such a delicate balance for all the reasons you mentioned! You’ve worked so hard and I hope you can charge more with success soon. It is frustrating, I know.

• 5 months later...

Last 21 days I don’t get any order coz,buyer come to me for low price I don’t know why?and I never do any job for low price…

You have to convince him that this is not easy work to do and take more price according to features.

You can give me your past work with price.

Thanks

Archived