Fiverr's new feature | TEAM ACCOUNT

taverr

poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I have no idea
    • Whatever Emmaki Says

Will it be one account with four usernames or four accounts with one username? Humm, ???

It will be Company Alpha (admin account) (Provides funds for employee accounts)

So employee Delta, Echo, Foxtrot…Zulu, when they login in to their account they will have access to the FUNDS pool from Alpha Account.

And you just had to use a military analogy! Lol

As with everything else, I guess will find out more when it fully kicks in. What still surprises me, though, is how they decided to use seller accounts for the test run, rather than buyer accounts. Weird, I must say. A feature for buyers should be tested with buyers, and vice versa. Maybe they just wanted long time members for the test?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As with everything else, I guess will find out more when it fully kicks in. What still surprises me, though, is how they decided to use seller accounts for the test run, rather than buyer accounts. Weird, I must say. A feature for buyers should be tested with buyers, and vice versa. Maybe they just wanted long time members for the test?

Maybe they just wanted long time members for the test?

I think that makes sense not so much for the ‘long time’ maybe even, there are ‘long time buyers’ too I guess, but in so far that if I wanted to test a feature in ‘my company’ I´d surely test first with ‘employees’ before with customers. to maybe find spots to smooth out before I´ll pass a feature on to ‘just’ customers (vs. seller+buyer in one person).

Guest untitledartwork

AND TEST IS TAKING A LONG AND WE STILL HAVE PROBLEMS AT OUR BETA ACCOUNTSstrong text

They just wanted to spare you the trouble.

Team member A: Damn. We need this text today. I just logged in to pick it up and guess what, someone didn’t attach the file so the order is still on ‘incomplete’.

Team Member B: That was C’s job.

C: I sent you a memo about it, A, don’t remember? The seller had a question anyway only you could answer.

A: But I did answer the question.

C: And why didn’t you start the order then?

A: Because that was your job.

etc

Meanwhile B joins Teamboss at the coffee machine for a comment about A and B’s team qualities (thank God B had forgotten to start an order himself the day before but had caught the seller online right when they were about to log to sleep for a few hours and had been able to demand the job being done right away with a few decent well formulated comments).

A’s voice from the off: B, did you pick the seller for the cover? Even a donut with an IQ of -5 would have seen the ‘I don’t know that copyright exists’ on the seller’s page. What the #&@* is the minion doing on our cover?!

Teamboss (who picked the cover seller): head getting dangerously red

You might be better off with being your own boss and solely responsible for everything you need. 😉

But apart from the possible entertainment value, what I think… It probably can be a great feature. Unless you have Teamboss, A, B, and C in your team ;). Otherteamboss, S, T and U might do just wonderfully.

I guess it could work well for sellers too, if they plan to introduce it, after all, there are a lot of seller accounts that are teams already, though I definitely see a few pitfalls there, and yes, it might mean a disadvantage for some sellers.

It seems like another step away from the 5$ concept (5$ - 20% - withdrawal fee possibly - currency conversion loss / X team members = not much). And with a team function for Buyers, they target, also, companies and agencies more than individual entrepreneurs clearly, I suppose companies that need team function probably want more than 5 $ jobs done.

If the resellers we already have here team up too, I suppose it will mean more pressure for even lower prices for the remaining individual sellers.

For sellers who prefer to work alone it might become a problem to not be in a team, an agency or whatever, if most buyers who need a more complex job done would rather drop it all to a single team account instead of interacting with x individual sellers and if one doesn’t want to team up one is left with buyers who might do parts of a more complex job themselves and only need/want an individual service, and with the actual 5$ jobs which teams might not want to deal with in the first place.

Then again of course it’s possible that teams would do their best to go for that market as well, because they have more mouths to feed and more is usually nice anyway, so… but no team feature for sellers yet, so… 🍵.

It seems like another step away from the 5$ concept (5$ - 20% - withdrawal fee possibly - currency conversion loss / X team members = not much). And with a team function for Buyers, they target, also, companies and agencies more than individual entrepreneurs clearly, I suppose companies that need team function probably want more than 5 $ jobs done. If the resellers we already have here team up too, I suppose it will mean more pressure for even lower prices for the remaining individual sellers.

For sellers who prefer to work alone it might become a problem to not be in a team, an agency or whatever, if most buyers who need a more complex job done would rather drop it all to a single team account instead of interacting with x individual sellers and if one doesn’t want to team up one is left with buyers who might do parts of a more complex job themselves and only need/want an individual service, and with the actual 5$ jobs which teams might not want to deal with in the first place.Then again of course it’s possible that teams would do their best to go for that market as well, because they have more mouths to feed and more is usually nice anyway, so… but no team feature for sellers yet, so…

It might work out that way for jobs that are by nature a bit larger. I reckon having an app developed starts at a couple of hundred $s and up to thousands of dollars. There, I can imagine, it really makes sense to team up, especially since there are different specialties (front-end developers, back-end developers, etc.).

For translation (your business) or writing (my business) it doesn’t matter so much. Most of the assignments are rather small and doable for one person. If there is a really big assignment (somebody wants to have all Harry Potter books translated/written within 3 weeks), we wouldn’t be able to do it by ourselves now. Outside of Fiverr, there are also translation or copywriting companies (mostly working for bigger companies, agencies), and these would be able to take on this kind of assignments. The majority of the work however is done by freelancers.

Working together as a team requires a lot of trust, though. I think it will mostly mean that existing companies with people that know each other already start a selling team. I can see some people that are already working together, because they do complimentary work (a SEO guy with a copywriter, a web developer and a designer), joining forces, but I find it hard to believe that I will ever start a team with another copywriter in Dutch.

Today while I was going through the settings page, I stumbled upon a new feature of Fiverr i.e. Team Accounts. It can be found under :

Settings > Team Account

https://www.diigo.com/file/image/ssdsrsszdqcdoebadzcqorcros/Fiverr+%2F+taverr+%2F+Team+Settings.jpg

What this feature is :

Teams allows you to add existing Fiverr users to the same account. You can create a team, add existing Fiverr users to the team, and fund it with a shopping balance for all team members to purchase from.

Once you create your team, you become the sole admin. Only the admin can see and use the Team Settings page. Admins can create only one team, and users can belong to only one team.

All members that you add to the team will then have the option to purchase using the team balance.

You can find more info about this in here : Fiverr TEAM ACCOUNTS

cbb7824c2f2ba5bc12be58fdb997c992fd0e207f.png

(Screenshot credit : Fiverr)

I think it will be good for business using Fiverr to allow their employees to buy anything from Fiverr that they can keep a track up of. And as a con, this could be used by some sellers to game the system by offering refunds to their buyers using it, for stuffs like - to change their negetive feedback and things like that.

What are your opinions on this feature? 🙂

How is someone going to fund a team account so members can buy whatever they want?

They will put $100 in the team account and tell the 3 other buyers there is money there for them to spend? Next day it’s gone and all are arguing about it?

Team account doesnt mean, a random buyer adds another random buyer and other random buyers.

This is purely for a task delegation in terms of organization.

Team Lead will act as a project manager/accountant.
Instead of him having to micro-manage 3 different project requirements, he will ask his team member X,Y and Z to go complete 3 projects on their OWN, the only difference here is the project will be financed from the Lead’s account.
That way he can keep track of budget allocation and spending etc.

I think this is a simple concept, don’t understand what’s the complication in understanding this.

Fiverr did this to open doors for corporate buyers who have a higher spending capabilities.

• 1 month later...

Hi… please tell me the benefit of TEAM ACCOUNT !!!

Team account benefits buyers, with a business, who has at least one employee.

It really has no benefits if you are a seller (only). You would have no idea if you’re being paid from buyer’s personal account or team account. I suppose it really doesn’t matter as long as you are paid.

If you are a buyer and seller, you would pay from your revenues, therefore there really is no benefit there either.

If you choose to team up, the other sellers won’t have access to your personal account - only the team account. You won’t have to worry about someone taking and spending your hard earned revenue.

I really don’t see sellers teaming up for a joint spending account. There is no benefit to it.

@exprt_designerr @gina_riley2 there is a useful usage of this feature for the sellers. I had made a topic about it, but I don’t think much members had noticed it. 🙂

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

TEAM ACCOUNT feature usages for sellers

To those who don't know about it, Fiverr had launched a team account feature before a month or so as an update to the site. I had made a topic about it here- Though it is entirely for the Buyers here's how you can use it as a seller - Many of...

Instead of spending money, if Team Accounts are used to set up different teams for collaboration, to whom we can allocate orders (or a subset of orders), it would have been more useful. Another Linux Admin approached me a year ago asking me to share the extra work that I couldn’t handle. At that time, I thought of a feature where sellers can work collectively and share the work and revenues.

An extension of what I thought would be, for each speciality, I would keep two or more sellers in my team. Whoever accepts it first would be given that part of the project.

Please note that my idea of team account is different from what is currently offered by Fiverr, which is aimed at buyers. Probably, team account feature for buyers is different from that of sellers. It would be interesting to see how it is handled in case of people who are both sellers and buyers.

Perfect for buyers, especially small businesses that rely on freelancers. I agree that it can and probably will be improved on to allow sellers to collaborate to offer combined services to the buyer team that can be managed in a central location. I like it as a start and see potential. I do not see sellers using this to scam.

@exprt_designerr @gina_riley2 there is a useful usage of this feature for the sellers. I had made a topic about it, but I don’t think much members had noticed it. 🙂

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

TEAM ACCOUNT feature usages for sellers

To those who don't know about it, Fiverr had launched a team account feature before a month or so as an update to the site. I had made a topic about it here- Though it is entirely for the Buyers here's how you can use it as a seller - Many of...

This is indeed a good feature, wherein we can keep some of our money in Fiverr bank 😉 However, enforcing the minimum limit of $50 is in bad taste.

It’s more convenient than paying attention each order. It’s neater and tighter for accounting purposes.

True. But I prefer moving my account funds to Team Account, if that is possible, so that I don’t have to pay the processing fee.

Do we need to spend that amount in team account to place orders only or can we transfer it back to our main account and withdraw if we want?

True. But I prefer moving my account funds to Team Account, if that is possible, so that I don’t have to pay the processing fee.

Do we need to spend that amount in team account to place orders only or can we transfer it back to our main account and withdraw if we want?

On check out, it gives you the option to pay from team account or personal account.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Problem #1: I have a $35 credit on my individual that I cannot access to use because when I go to pay for an order it tells me my Team account is overdrawn at $0. Problem #2: I cannot access a Team account because it not showing in my settings. Please CANCEL the team and restore my fiver life as a buyer.

Archived