I'm not getting ANY hits

Guest sleekdesignca

Guest sleekdesignca

In V1, I had over 50 gig orders for my service. This was about a year and a half ago.

I just signed up again and I haven’t been contacted by one person. I think that my gig is set up nicely and the service I’m offering is more than worth it. I’m wondering if the search system is bugged and if not ad. is just not getting visibility.

My gig:

What the hell am I doing wrong? Is it me, or is it just Fiverr V2?

Guest mrspanda

The goal of this gig is that I will take your ideas and “play around” to create a rough sample. Think of it as a push in the right direction. The end result is not a polished, final product but, instead, the potential foundation of your logo.

The Process

(1) After you purchase this gig and provide me with information about the project, I will begin brainstorming . You will be sent this sample as a low-quality JPEG with watermarking. This is all you will be sent.

(2) If you like how things are going, you arethen encouraged to order my other gig which takes rough samples and ideas and turns them into polished, final designs. Otherwise, you are welcome to order this gig again and I will do my best to get it right the second time.

Let’s look at it this way- And I’m looking at this from the perspective of someone that has purchased numerous logos here on Fiverr.

You have top rated and featured sellers that gladly will make you a completely polished logo with revisions without watermarking. You, with no ratings, are offering to make a ‘rough draft’ of a logo with a watermark on it… when it comes down to it, why would I purchase a ‘rough draft’ from someone who has no ratings when I can purchase a fully completed, watermark-less, logo from someone with hundreds of reviews to back up their talent?

As a buyer, I want work and I want it done quickly and efficiently. I don’t want my work watermarked OR low-quality (two words that I promise you are turning off buyers) and I don’t want to have to order a second gig just to get a polished final results. And getting it right the second time? That, maybe you just worded it funny, but I promise that statement is going to turn off a lot of potential buyers as well.

So, suggestions

-Make a video. People love videos. Fiverr admin love videos.

-Reword your gig. There are wonderful writers on Fiverr that you can have rewrite your gig (for $5 of course.) I’ve had it done to my gig personally- I stink at self-marketing and I did see a difference.

-Sell yourself in a way where you can actually compete with the sharks in your niche- the Top Rated Sellers, the Featured Sellers. Answer this question: “Why should I purchase your gig, which has no ratings, over a Top Rated Seller’s gig, who has hundreds of positive reviews?” Take that direction.

-Don’t be mean to other people on the forums- and I say this because this IS a place where sellers AND buyers talk to each other. If you fail to communicate with a fellow seller by resorting to degrading remarks, how can I expect you to treat me with respect if I purchase your gig. Hundreds of people view the forums daily. They don’t always post, but they’re there. And I know, because I get a lot of buyers saying “Hey, I saw you from the forums!” How I see someone communicate on the forums is how I assume their customer service towards me is going to be.

Just my two cents.

Guest matt_garry

If you want to make a gig that makes complicated logos for more than $5 do it but rough drafts just won’t work for you. Mention you will do simple logos for $5 if you want a more complicated logo order 2-3 gigs. you have to deliver some sort of finished product for 5 or you won’t get many sales.

I charge $5 for custom samples but only on larger orders (20-100)

and you are new so you have to work for basically nothing to get you’re foot in the door…

Guest sleekdesignca

Reply to @mrspanda:

"You have top rated and featured sellers that gladly will make you a completely polished logo with revisions without watermarking. You, with no ratings, are offering to make a ‘rough draft’ of a logo with a watermark on it… when it comes down to it, why would I purchase a ‘rough draft’ from someone who has no ratings when I can purchase a fully completed, watermark-less, logo from someone with hundreds of reviews to back up their talent?"

If people like my work, they will. I’m not some random guy in India shitting out logos. I’m not desperate enough to do full logos for $5.

I think this site has become a joke. The only real way to be successful on this site is to do something that takes next to no time.

Reply to @sleekdesignca:

You are correct. If people like your work, they like it. However, you cannot market yourself as a new seller with gigs that are not as polished as established sellers. That just won’t cut it. You know that. Even if your gigs are very high quality, buyers will never get to know that if you cannot even get them to purchase one. You need to build your reputation and that, unfortunately, might mean offering more than you initially intended. Then you scale back when you’ve built your clientele.

Also, please refrain from the profanity and insulting others. Sellers here are honestly trying to help you.

Guest mrspanda
sleekdesignca said: I think this site has become a joke. The only real way to be successful on this site is to do something that takes next to no time.

You asked what you were doing wrong or if it was just Fiverr V2.

It's not V2.

We told you what you were doing wrong. Obviously what you're doing right now isn't working but you are not open to our suggestions.

Guest sleekdesignca

Reply to @mrspanda:

Right, it’s not V2, contrary to what everybody is saying on the forums.

I am open to suggestions, but I think the changes with V2 are terrible. There’s a reason why there’s an outcry.

Anyway, not all too concerned about advice from a “tarot card” reader.

Guest mrspanda

Reply to @sleekdesignca: No. It’s not V2. V2 has bugs and it’s not perfect, but it has brought in many many more buyers.

Hahaha. I’m a tarot card reader, but, I seem to recall having a ‘Featured Seller’ and ‘Level 2’ tag that a certain “sample designer” lacks. 🙂 You opened yourself up to advice, it was given, you don’t want to implement it. At the end of the day, I’m not sure if you are trying to insult me or make me feel bad about what I do on Fiverr- and outside of Fiverr, but regardless of whether or not you are concerned about my advice, I am still going to be making consistent sales while you moan and groan on the forums, trying to figure out what’s wrong with your lemonade stand. Doesn’t really bother me whether or not you want to take my advice. 🙂

But, do take care. I wish you the best of luck with whatever it is you’re offering (I don’t even know, to be honest.)

Guest sleekdesignca

Reply to @mrspanda: Lol @ bragging about a fiverr business built around telling people their “animal spirit guides”. People like you are concerning because you could give somebody terrible advice, financial or anything life changing, that could ultimately steer them in a horrible direction. You should feel bad about that and you don’t even mention that your services are for “entertainment only”.

I made a ton of money on Fiver V1 with over 50 gigs at 5 orders per logo and at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I’m offering a legitimate service and not one based on bs.

There is definitely something wrong with V2’s search engine, and it especially sucks for newer users. At least, that’s what I’ve seen from reading through a lot of posts.

Archived