New Gigs Not Showing Up

alldigitalradio

Ive read a lot here about the new version and issues with it. But im not sure if this is an example of the site not working or if this is a policy that I am unaware of. I just placed my first 2 gigs and they are not showing up in the category that I placed them in. I believe those with the old versions if they click “see more” enough times that it finally comes up but on my version I can only click more once or twice. If my ad is not listed then id NEVER get a sale. unless im totally misunderstanding something here. It doesnt seem to even come up when i do searches for it. is this a bug or are new sellers forced to find other ways to get sells their first month ?

Did you wait at least 24 hours? It doesn’t show up instantly, and it won’t necessarily show up on the first page of the given category. In some cases, it might not show up even on later pages unless you dig deep or someone searches a specific keyword.

To increase your chances and in some cases speed up the time in which it takes for your gig to get crawled and indexed, post up a video.

Thanks for the response. With this new site there is no page 2 or 3 you simply have to click “more” but the more in the new site does not go past 2 or 3 pages. If you look on the old site its there because you can click “more” as many times as there are gigs. That doesnt seem to be the case now. Also i did have a video made. Silly me didnt know it had to be 30 seconds or less. its 53 seconds so i cant use it. I was told i could put a youtube link in my ad so i did that to show the video. but thats not the same.

Well, I recommend re-making the video to fit Fiverr’s time-frame. It’s not the video itself that draws in sales, but rather the fact that Fiverr favors those gigs that have videos to tell about their gig, rather than those that don’t. Also just another misc. thing to consider that SEO is very important when it comes to bringing in sales, so your keyword usage and how you market your gig in particular and with proper anchor text can bring in a lot of clients.

and eh, you could always try submitting the video even if it is 53 seconds, just make sure to put “exclusively on Fiverr” somewhere if you didn’t already say it in the video, as I could have swore I saw videos longer than this.

I didn’t know how far the “load more” feature went, but that does cut back on a lot of other people. Then again, I think Fiverr is kind of in the right in that one, I don’t think most people go beyond page 2 or 3, and with their category break-down choices, they shouldn’t really need to.

Aka, I think their thought is after about page 2 or 3 ends, that would encourage buyers to click their specific categories, which should ultimately bring in more sales for the page.

The search in V2 sucks, type in YouTube likes and see how many likes they are offering, mine is 500+ and isn’t there or on more or on related results … even someone with only 100 has 20 orders in queue and has 1814 ratings left…all because he is first on the page, if your not on page 1 no search nobody will find your gig through that, if someone is looking for something they usually find it on the first page, even if your gig offers more or better quality. The worst thing is I think it’s staying this way. If you manage to get one gig on search count yourself lucky and don’t change anything on the gig!

Hi alldigitalradio

I just visited your “shop” 🙂 One thing I noticed at first is that you have used the same gig-image for both of your gigs - that is against Fiverr Terms of Service as I have understood. We should not use similar images, or description text etc. I suggest you read the TOS once more because maybe there is more to check out

all the best with your sales 🙂

happyspace

Look in the buyer’s forum… anyone who orders a new gig has their money taken, but no new order is created. This is a bug in the new-look Fiverr. Order variables are being passed blank between Paypal/Fiverr… your customers are ordering, you’re just not seeing their orders anymore. Thousands of annoyed customers now!

freelancemm said: I think their thought is after about page 2 or 3 ends, that would encourage buyers to click their specific categories, which should ultimately bring in more sales for the page.

Yes, but the Fiverr staff who designed that page style KNOW there are dozens or hundreds of gig options beyond those first 30 or so that are shown. But new customers coming to Fiverr DON'T have any way to know that. So they can bail out after seeing the first 30 and never know what they are missing. Fiverr needs to make it easier for a new customer to understand the VARIOUS ways to seek out the many, many gigs for sale here. If a particular buyer really would have liked gig #53 and purchased that one -- too bad. New saw it - never bought it -- no income for the seller or Fiverr.

So either keep offering more pages, or add text/banner/window reminding (or teaching) shoppers of other ways to find more offerings. Failure to do so is ignoring the reality of the limitations of the current layout.

Archived