Do you love your job?

eoinfinnegan

Guest silkroute

I’ve gotta say, I don’t really like my part-time job at dominos where I’m underpaid and regularly being yelled at by the managers and drunk customers. But I guess it’s something to help start an investment account.

There should be a law where people who work, survive and thrive for a long time in front facing jobs having to deal with a lot of people on a daily basis, ought to be given some sort of a diploma or certification in people management skills after X years of time. Dealing with people on a retail basis definitely takes a toll.

I’ve gotta say, I don’t really like my part-time job at dominos where I’m underpaid and regularly being yelled at by the managers and drunk customers. But I guess it’s something to help start an investment account.

I used to hate when people would say things like that “builds character” etc but the reality is that those experiences of dealing with people like bosses, difficult and unreasonable customers have really taught me more about running my own business than anything else. Listen to your bosses as you can learn a lot from them even when they are wrong (like how not to be a boss, useful for when you are one yourself).

Learning to be patient with idiots is a life skill that you will never regret having.

• 3 months later...
Guest fia999

I love everything I do as a freelancer. I don´t do a specific job. I do any job that I can do and I like to do, offline/online. So far I have enjoyed the freedom that I get from being a freelancer.

Archived