New user + Doing work for free?

jeannly

Hi!
I signed up for Fiverr this afternoon, and unfortunately I haven’t gotten any orders yet 😢 and on top of that, I did choose the easiest job category to start.
From what I’ve seen, it seems like a great community and I’m looking forward to getting to meet new people and learning the ins and outs!

My only question is - is there anything against doing work for free?
I was thinking on putting up a Gig for doing free work, just to get some ‘exposure’, I guess, but also because I’ve got a bit of free time on my hands at the moment and I’d like to help some people out.

Anyway, if anyone needs some copyediting/transcription work done for free, I’d be happy to help 🙂 … if it’s allowed.

Dear Jeannly:

I’d recommend that you learn how to make use of Buyer Requests:

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble. Kind…

Have you been struggling to get orders? Then you’ve probably looked at the Buyer Request section a few times now, and maybe you’ve sent a few offers. As a buyer whose posted requests before, here are some tips for how to actually appeal to the seller: Edit before you send. Make sure that your grammar and spelling is correct and that your sentences flow and make sense. The buyer won’t sit there for ten minutes trying to figure out what you had tried to say and they are very unlikely to message…

Handing out free gigs is not really feasible for Fiverr, as how would the platform make money to pay for what they do?

See this post for what Fiverr does with the money they make from your gigs:

Why does Fiverr Charge a 20% commission on tips? In very plain language, if tips weren’t considered the same as all other payments, it would lead to a loophole where Fiverr doesn’t get paid because the funds are given to the seller for a job as a tip. If you want to see an example of potential abuse: Click for Abuse ScenarioA regular buyer could ask their chosen seller about a discount on the $40 package the buyer purchases every month. The seller could take a small risk buying offering to d…

Also, please note that Americans spell “favourite” as “favorite” – you’ll need to bear in mind what sort of English you’re dealing with when you proofread documents.

If you’re bound and determined to give away your services for free, I suggest you start offering other Sellers feedback in the “Improve My Gig” section of the Forum…

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

I suggest you check out Fiverrcast episode 08: Working Through Language Barriers.

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn’t take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don’t say, I live in a third world…

I may be a Level 2 seller who has been here for about two years now, but there was a lot of trial and error along the way (and I mean A LOT). Despite the fact that I have a 99% overall rating with over 1,000 completed orders, I’m nowhere near “perfect” and I continue to learn new things daily. (I’m really not trying to toot my own horn… I swear!) Below, I have included a list of tried and true do’s and don’ts. I learned from my fiverr blunders, so I’d like to share my acquired wisdom. My hope …

Hey guys! Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic…

Hi @charles20bc, Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig. Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller. Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to work…
Ok, you want to make some money but you do not speak English well. This is a real problem when you are going to sell on a marketplace where most buyers do and most communication is done through English. It can be done though, here are some tips for you to follow which will help you while you are working on your English. Be realistic about your gigs - Do not try to offer gigs that require excellent English. If you want to offer a writing gig, ask a native English speaker to be honest with you…

It is common knowledge that technical professionals seldom lack the ability to communicate proficiently unlike other professionals such as businessmen, lawyers etc. On the other hand our brain works super efficiently (a biased opinion of course!), but our tongue offers basic functionality. So this thread is about SALESMANSHIP from the point of a non-sales person such as myself. There are a lot of different categories here on Fiverr, but majority of questions regarding sales on this forum are …

Hello there Fiverr Family, Here is a tip that I would like to share with those that are new to Fiverr and possibly may help those that have been around for a while. To optimize your gigs for SEO: When saving the .jpg or .png image for your gig, put the keywords (all in lowercase) that you would like to rank for, in the name of your file separated by dashes. Example: I have a dj drop gig When saving my gig picture I save my file as dj-drops-on-fiverr. jpg This helps with the SEO of your gig…

Hi guys! This is Shane from Eno8Design. It has been exactly 30 days since we joined fiver. And here are our stats so far. Earned $352 Sales 54 Customers 18 Analystics.png.b298fed46a89619f14517b31e8ffeeb6.pngI gotta say that Fiverr is the best of the best when it comes to freelancing. Pretty simple process. We love it! So on the 1st month celebration we thought of sharing our experience and few tips with fellow forum members. Here’s what we did! (You should if you are not getting enough sales) ** Find a niche. (Ex: We though…

Stop trying to figure out Fiverr’s algorithm and spend that time making more money with upselling, here’s some things I’ve done to increase revenue… 1) Make your extras simple and easy to understand. Buyers seldom purchase things they aren’t clear on. 2) Offer only the extras you can do that will acheive 100% Buyer satisfaction. Return business and referrals should be your goal. 3) Explain to your Buyers the BENEFIT of adding a particular extra. I add this phrase when selling a logo ove…

As the issue of Paypal chargebacks has been discussed a lot recently including the horrible situation of a large chargeback for one Forum regular, I decided to spend a bit of time looking into them to see what I can find out, what other freelance platforms do and to try and put together some advice on how to avoid them as much as possible. Brace yourself, it’s a long one! In this post I will be summarizing and clarifying some of the content of other websites and their terms and conditions, for…

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167778-What-URLs-can-I-use-in-my-profile-or-Gig-description-[/details]

Dear Jeannly:

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble. Kind…
Have you been struggling to get orders? Then you’ve probably looked at the Buyer Request section a few times now, and maybe you’ve sent a few offers. As a buyer whose posted requests before, here are some tips for how to actually appeal to the seller: Edit before you send. Make sure that your grammar and spelling is correct and that your sentences flow and make sense. The buyer won’t sit there for ten minutes trying to figure out what you had tried to say and they are very unlikely to message…

Handing out free gigs is not really feasible for Fiverr, as how would the platform make money to pay for what they do?

Why does Fiverr Charge a 20% commission on tips? In very plain language, if tips weren’t considered the same as all other payments, it would lead to a loophole where Fiverr doesn’t get paid because the funds are given to the seller for a job as a tip. If you want to see an example of potential abuse: Click for Abuse ScenarioA regular buyer could ask their chosen seller about a discount on the $40 package the buyer purchases every month. The seller could take a small risk buying offering to d…

Also, please note that Americans spell “favourite” as “favorite” – you’ll need to bear in mind what sort of English you’re dealing with when you proofread documents.

If you’re bound and determined to give away your services for free, I suggest you start offering other Sellers feedback in the “Improve My Gig” section of the Forum…

Good luck,

Blaise

Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

I suggest you check out Fiverrcast episode 08: Working Through Language Barriers.

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn’t take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don’t say, I live in a third world…
I may be a Level 2 seller who has been here for about two years now, but there was a lot of trial and error along the way (and I mean A LOT). Despite the fact that I have a 99% overall rating with over 1,000 completed orders, I’m nowhere near “perfect” and I continue to learn new things daily. (I’m really not trying to toot my own horn… I swear!) Below, I have included a list of tried and true do’s and don’ts. I learned from my fiverr blunders, so I’d like to share my acquired wisdom. My hope …
Hey guys! Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic…
Hi @charles20bc, Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig. Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller. Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to work…
Ok, you want to make some money but you do not speak English well. This is a real problem when you are going to sell on a marketplace where most buyers do and most communication is done through English. It can be done though, here are some tips for you to follow which will help you while you are working on your English. Be realistic about your gigs - Do not try to offer gigs that require excellent English. If you want to offer a writing gig, ask a native English speaker to be honest with you…
It is common knowledge that technical professionals seldom lack the ability to communicate proficiently unlike other professionals such as businessmen, lawyers etc. On the other hand our brain works super efficiently (a biased opinion of course!), but our tongue offers basic functionality. So this thread is about SALESMANSHIP from the point of a non-sales person such as myself. There are a lot of different categories here on Fiverr, but majority of questions regarding sales on this forum are …
Hello there Fiverr Family, Here is a tip that I would like to share with those that are new to Fiverr and possibly may help those that have been around for a while. To optimize your gigs for SEO: When saving the .jpg or .png image for your gig, put the keywords (all in lowercase) that you would like to rank for, in the name of your file separated by dashes. Example: I have a dj drop gig When saving my gig picture I save my file as dj-drops-on-fiverr. jpg This helps with the SEO of your gig…
Hi guys! This is Shane from Eno8Design. It has been exactly 30 days since we joined fiver. And here are our stats so far. Earned $352 Sales 54 Customers 18 [image]I gotta say that Fiverr is the best of the best when it comes to freelancing. Pretty simple process. We love it! So on the 1st month celebration we thought of sharing our experience and few tips with fellow forum members. Here’s what we did! (You should if you are not getting enough sales) ** Find a niche. (Ex: We though…
Stop trying to figure out Fiverr’s algorithm and spend that time making more money with upselling, here’s some things I’ve done to increase revenue… 1) Make your extras simple and easy to understand. Buyers seldom purchase things they aren’t clear on. 2) Offer only the extras you can do that will acheive 100% Buyer satisfaction. Return business and referrals should be your goal. 3) Explain to your Buyers the BENEFIT of adding a particular extra. I add this phrase when selling a logo ove…
As the issue of Paypal chargebacks has been discussed a lot recently including the horrible situation of a large chargeback for one Forum regular, I decided to spend a bit of time looking into them to see what I can find out, what other freelance platforms do and to try and put together some advice on how to avoid them as much as possible. Brace yourself, it’s a long one! In this post I will be summarizing and clarifying some of the content of other websites and their terms and conditions, for…

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167778-What-URLs-can-I-use-in-my-profile-or-Gig-description-[/details]

Thanks for the advice!

Funnily enough, the reason I haven’te been using BR is because it’s full of Sellers promoting themselves. Only about 3 or 4 of the requests were actual requests.

I see what you mean with free gigs, though. I didn’t realise tips were even a thing on Fiverr.

And as for the Brit English and American English, I’m probably going to have to put sticky notes all over my monitor as a reminder…

Hi, and welcome.

Firstly, don’t be disheartened if it takes you weeks or months to get your first order. As you mention you’ve picked a popular category. If you really want orders you should think of something less popular with sellers that you can do.

Secondly, Fiverr doesn’t let you work for free but other sellers do things like 2-for-1 offers, credit vouchers for future work. You could mention this when you make an offer in buyer requests. Don’t wait for the buyers to come to you because they probably won’t.

Dear Jeannly:

Good luck,

Blaise

Hi guys! This is Shane from Eno8Design. It has been exactly 30 days since we joined fiver. And here are our stats so far. Earned $352 Sales 54 Customers 18 [image]I gotta say that Fiverr is the best of the best when it comes to freelancing. Pretty simple process. We love it! So on the 1st month celebration we thought of sharing our experience and few tips with fellow forum members. Here’s what we did! (You should if you are not getting enough sales) ** Find a niche. (Ex: We though…

I find the requests kinda hard to touch. Something like “i want my video to go viral - 5$”, “I wanna buy dislikes on youtube” , “Click my adsense ads” …these are requests you cant really touch. I searched twice and decided i will not anymore, nothing there for me.

I find the requests kinda hard to touch. Something like “i want my video to go viral - 5$”, “I wanna buy dislikes on youtube” , “Click my adsense ads” …these are requests you cant really touch. I searched twice and decided i will not anymore, nothing there for me.

Dear Tudor:

I find the Buyer Requests frustrating as well (I’m dismayed by all the requests I’ve seen for help cheating on academic assignments, for example), but there are several Level 2 Sellers on Fiverr who got there by making use of Buyer Requests.

It’s a viable option for some people, not for others.

If you can make it work for you, it could help you to get established on Fiverr.

And it’s an option at least worth mentioning, and worth exploring for people who otherwise might not know about it.

One hopes that Fiverr will improve the Buyer Requests feature, or replace it with something of greater use to more Buyers AND more Sellers.

Of course, as an SEO specialist, you might choose to focus instead on using your skills to drive people to your Fiverr profile and sell gigs that way.

Different strokes for different folks,

Blaise

Hi @jeannly wc to Fiverr 😃
I joined Fiverr over a year ago. I got my 1st Project after 23 hours of posting my First Gig.
And it was from buyer request. It was tough for me for getting my first 10 stars. But after that I’m getting projects quite frequently 🙂 You can have a look on Buyer Request section. Apply if you found any request which is related to your skill. You can mention on your proposal that you are experienced in your work but new on Fiverr. So you are offering the price which is much less then standard price.
Goodluck 😉 Happy Freelancing

Dear Tudor:

I find the Buyer Requests frustrating as well (I’m dismayed by all the requests I’ve seen for help cheating on academic assignments, for example), but there are several Level 2 Sellers on Fiverr who got there by making use of Buyer Requests.

It’s a viable option for some people, not for others.

If you can make it work for you, it could help you to get established on Fiverr.

And it’s an option at least worth mentioning, and worth exploring for people who otherwise might not know about it.

One hopes that Fiverr will improve the Buyer Requests feature, or replace it with something of greater use to more Buyers AND more Sellers.

Of course, as an SEO specialist, you might choose to focus instead on using your skills to drive people to your Fiverr profile and sell gigs that way.

Different strokes for different folks,

Blaise

I’m an established SEO Specialist, with a day job in this field, also optimizing my own channels and gamer channels. I just thought i will fill some of my free time with this fiver i recently discovered. Not sure how it’s going to work, but sharing on social media this work is hard to do for me. Not allowed to share my personal work on FB cuz my team will know i use the company resources for my own projects (SEMrush, and some other software i use payed by the company).

The thing is, compared to the competition titles, mine seems waste of money. But on the other hand, i cannot promise people “I will skyrocket your views”, “I will put you 1st on YT search”…etc. It all depends on the content, on how old the channel is, how many subscribers, how successful are the other videos he has, who is his competition, etc.

When i think about it, i think i am actually scaring them away with my description 🙂

No idea if i will ever sell a gig here, but in my opinion, I probably have the best deal in there 🙂

Archived