Wohoo! Fiverr launched the PROMOTED GIGS

taverr

poll  

720 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. So, I enabled this feature yesterday night in one of my low performing gigs with an extra 5% option. For the stat - I had only made 5 sales on that gig in 4 or so months.

Now, today morning -

a.thumb.png.b2925dd14e6d0e571f132f5b77cf3a54.png

As you can see, I got 4 orders within 5-6 hours.
This is amazing ! 😁

Ok. So, I enabled this feature yesterday night in one of my low performing gigs with an extra 5% option. For the stat - I had only made 5 sales on that gig in 4 or so months.

Now, today morning -

As you can see, I got 4 orders within 5-6 hours.

This is amazing ! 😁

What was the bump in traffic/impressions like? I seem do be doing something wrong because I saw no rise in impressions.

These are the latest stats on my gig which has been featured yesterday.

Untitled.jpg.19b718f9706d36aaf1156ed8cbe4cea1.jpg

I had it for 15% since yesterday, no change. Changed it to 5% just to make sure I have everything setup correctly. I think I already had 200 impressions on that one yesterday. So I’ve got 57 impressions from being promoted? 😂

What was the bump in traffic/impressions like? I seem do be doing something wrong because I saw no rise in impressions.

These are the latest stats on my gig which has been featured yesterday.

I had it for 15% since yesterday, no change. Changed it to 5% just to make sure I have everything setup correctly. I think I already had 200 impressions on that one yesterday. So I’ve got 57 impressions from being promoted? 😂

Like this -

1587686967_MyGigs.png.80cc0009225ffb64b931801e8e2f1d7a.png

I don´t have the option yet.

And just for the record, so we won´t have a forum full of ‘Why did Fiverr take promotion fees from a gig I didn´t activate promotion for?’ soon:

Why do I have Promotion Fees on orders of Gigs that aren’t participating in Promoted Listings?
We charge Promotion Fees only on orders that were initiated from buyers’ traffic you have received from the Promoted Listings. This includes orders on non-promoted Gigs if the buyer reached you by clicking on one of your Promoted Gigs.

Also:

Will my Promoted Gig automatically appear if I select the highest rate (15%)?
No, it can’t always appear. But higher rate increases the likelihood of appearance. Your ability to provide the high level of service and delivery expected from Fiverr sellers is also considered.

So at least in theory ‘the high level of service and delivery’ is ‘also considered’.

@taverr I do not see this option. Is it only certain categories?

Seems too early to tell to be honest. Just like when packages came out, the community was divided. People made up their mind either way, and we are no longer talking about it. I feel this will be the same. It is both exciting and scary. Will I get it? How ill it affect me if others have it and use it and I do not? What does this mean for the future of Fiverr?

In time, I hope, all these questions will get answered. I wish to sample it if it comes to me. If it is a roll out across category and everyone has a shot to use it, I think it is wonderful. If selected users only get it and it never rolls out to everyone, we have a problem.

Those are my thoughts on this for now.

Seems too early to tell to be honest. Just like when packages came out, the community was divided. People made up their mind either way, and we are no longer talking about it. I feel this will be the same. It is both exciting and scary. Will I get it? How ill it affect me if others have it and use it and I do not? What does this mean for the future of Fiverr?

In time, I hope, all these questions will get answered. I wish to sample it if it comes to me. If it is a roll out across category and everyone has a shot to use it, I think it is wonderful. If selected users only get it and it never rolls out to everyone, we have a problem.

Those are my thoughts on this for now.

Now I have looked at it in a search. That ad text is little, and it gives me pause. As a buyer, I might wonder, like in Google, do I want to click on an ad, or is this an ad for a reason, and I should try it. No doubt the ad ones take up the top line and get the eye’s attention right off the bat. Interesting. Would love to here what buyers think of this.

Now I have looked at it in a search. That ad text is little, and it gives me pause. As a buyer, I might wonder, like in Google, do I want to click on an ad, or is this an ad for a reason, and I should try it. No doubt the ad ones take up the top line and get the eye’s attention right off the bat. Interesting. Would love to here what buyers think of this.

do I want to click on an ad,

See, if you are a savvy person, for e.g, when I am searching for some service/product on google, I ALWAYS avoid the results stated as “ADs” why? because I know they are cutting through red tape and are paying to be on top. To me, that does not EXPRESS quality, but rather a short path taken to jump at the customers. IF you know what I mean.

So sellers would only benefit from THOSE demographics of BUYERS that is not hypersensitive about whether a service result listed on a search is ORGANIC or artificially boosted.

The divide would not be between us, but between the BUYERS…

@taverr I do not see this option. Is it only certain categories?

Using the word “Categories” will not be correct. It is only available in certain “MetaSections” (The ones selected during creating/editing a gig in the “Meta data” part) of certain categories. 🙂

Using the word “Categories” will not be correct. It is only available in certain “MetaSections” (The ones selected during creating/editing a gig in the “Meta data” part) of certain categories. 🙂

However, meta data can only be added to gigs in certain categories, so using the term categories is correct.

However, meta data can only be added to gigs in certain categories, so using the term categories is correct.

“Categories” alone will be incorrect. For example- I have 3 gigs in the Logo Design category but only one among them that is in the “Flat/Minimalistic” meta section is available for promoted gigs.

So, If I will tell that Fiverr Promoted GiGs is available in the Logo Design category it will be incorrect. 🙂

I don´t have the option yet.

And just for the record, so we won´t have a forum full of ‘Why did Fiverr take promotion fees from a gig I didn´t activate promotion for?’ soon:

Why do I have Promotion Fees on orders of Gigs that aren’t participating in Promoted Listings?

We charge Promotion Fees only on orders that were initiated from buyers’ traffic you have received from the Promoted Listings. This includes orders on non-promoted Gigs if the buyer reached you by clicking on one of your Promoted Gigs.

Also:

Will my Promoted Gig automatically appear if I select the highest rate (15%)?

No, it can’t always appear. But higher rate increases the likelihood of appearance. Your ability to provide the high level of service and delivery expected from Fiverr sellers is also considered.

So at least in theory ‘the high level of service and delivery’ is ‘also considered’.

at least in theory ‘the high level of service and delivery’ is ‘also considered’

The gigs which are shortlisted for the ‘promoted gigs’ feature are chosen by an automated algorithm, unlike the featured gigs which are chosen by human editorial staff. From an algorithm’s point of view, the only metrics it has to judge quality are objective ones like delivery rate, delivery time, rate of cancellations, average ratings from buyers and so on. It has no subjective means to judge a seller’s quality and communication with buyers.

Needless to say, those of us who have got that feature are clueless as to what we did right. It just got handed to us like the algorithm committed a random act of kindness. I am just 2 months old, have not more than 65 sales and am not used to getting more than an average of 2 sales daily. Not stellar statistics by any means. There are people with more sales, higher net revenue, but the algorithm somehow found my gig sitting somewhere in the corner, picked it up, dusted it and put it on promoted gig eligibility list.

@silberma1976

The gig of mine which got selected for promoted gigs wasn’t the gig with the most sales, nor the one with the highest net revenue. All other metrics (5-star ratings, no cancellations, same category) are the same for all other gigs. I don’t even know what that gig was selected by the algorithm.

I’ve activated it and got ZERO traffic from it. << Might be a bug.

at least in theory ‘the high level of service and delivery’ is ‘also considered’

The gigs which are shortlisted for the ‘promoted gigs’ feature are chosen by an automated algorithm, unlike the featured gigs which are chosen by human editorial staff. From an algorithm’s point of view, the only metrics it has to judge quality are objective ones like delivery rate, delivery time, rate of cancellations, average ratings from buyers and so on. It has no subjective means to judge a seller’s quality and communication with buyers.

Needless to say, those of us who have got that feature are clueless as to what we did right. It just got handed to us like the algorithm committed a random act of kindness. I am just 2 months old, have not more than 65 sales and am not used to getting more than an average of 2 sales daily. Not stellar statistics by any means. There are people with more sales, higher net revenue, but the algorithm somehow found my gig sitting somewhere in the corner, picked it up, dusted it and put it on promoted gig eligibility list.

@silberma1976

The gig of mine which got selected for promoted gigs wasn’t the gig with the most sales, nor the one with the highest net revenue. All other metrics (5-star ratings, no cancellations, same category) are the same for all other gigs. I don’t even know what that gig was selected by the algorithm.

I’ve activated it and got ZERO traffic from it. << Might be a bug.

It is working fine for me. As I previously posted, I got 4 sales the first day and 2 sales today from that. And for the statistical view, the graph is continuing rising up and up.

For just a trial, I switched another logo design gig of mine that wasn’t eligible, into “Flat/Minimalistic” and it also became eligible for Promoted Gigs. So, I don’t thinks performance is much taken into account. 😋

It is working fine for me. As I previously posted, I got 4 sales the first day and 2 sales today from that. And for the statistical view, the graph is continuing rising up and up.

For just a trial, I switched another logo design gig of mine that wasn’t eligible, into “Flat/Minimalistic” and it also became eligible for Promoted Gigs. So, I don’t thinks performance is much taken into account. 😋

Ya in promoted gig option You can activate only one gig which is picked by automatically in the fiverr system. I hope it will be activated soon with more features n option.

Ya in promoted gig option You can activate only one gig which is picked by automatically in the fiverr system. I hope it will be activated soon with more features n option.

Amen… 😁

Archived