720 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where?

🙂

Check this out this artical

Hi everyone, We’re testing a new feature called Promoted Gigs and want to share some details about what it is and how it impacts you. Promoted Gigs allow sellers to invest in ad space for their Gigs on the Fiverr site on the first row of Search results. Promoted Gigs will be available to a small group of sellers during our Beta phase, which is happening now. Our goal for this tool is to give you more control over your Fiverr business than ever before. Check out the Fiverr Academy FAQ (http…

Good for newbies to get some reviews and build their profile. Not beneficial for the sellers who use fiverr as only income source.

How so? it’s just more business with a higher commission. How does it affect the seller based on whether they are doing Fiverr part time or full time?

Since all commission is based on %, sellers will pay whatever they want to (20% mandatory + 5||10||15).

Would someone who uses Fiverr as their only source of income not want to make an investment in a paid advertising opportunity being presented by Fiverr itself? I’ve seen people try paid Facebook, Twitter, Adwords ads, they got traffic to their Fiverr gig but not everyone who clicked on the gig had a Fiverr profile and was ready to immediately hit the ORDER button.

What Fiverr offers is niche targeted traffic coming from people who are already Fiverr buyers looking for Fiverr sellers. High quality niche traffic for 35% CPA commission, otherwise the seller doesn’t have to pay for the traffic. Full time Fiverr sellers should grab this with both hands.

It’s a good middle path between having my gigs featured for free versus not having any kind of promotion option at all. Now, at least I have the choice to pay to get featured. 🙂

How so? it’s just more business with a higher commission. How does it affect the seller based on whether they are doing Fiverr part time or full time?

Since all commission is based on %, sellers will pay whatever they want to (20% mandatory + 5||10||15).

Would someone who uses Fiverr as their only source of income not want to make an investment in a paid advertising opportunity being presented by Fiverr itself? I’ve seen people try paid Facebook, Twitter, Adwords ads, they got traffic to their Fiverr gig but not everyone who clicked on the gig had a Fiverr profile and was ready to immediately hit the ORDER button.

What Fiverr offers is niche targeted traffic coming from people who are already Fiverr buyers looking for Fiverr sellers. High quality niche traffic for 35% CPA commission, otherwise the seller doesn’t have to pay for the traffic. Full time Fiverr sellers should grab this with both hands.

It’s a good middle path between having my gigs featured for free versus not having any kind of promotion option at all. Now, at least I have the choice to pay to get featured. 🙂

Yep you are right. But if someone like me who earns for university fee and fiverr is the only income source, i dont think they can afford further cutoff apart form the %20 regular commission. Thats what i meant when I said this.

Yep you are right. But if someone like me who earns for university fee and fiverr is the only income source, i dont think they can afford further cutoff apart form the %20 regular commission. Thats what i meant when I said this.

Yup, I understood what you meant, but you can simply increase your rates to accommodate the bump in expenses. So, from 5$ for 500 words, one can offer 5$ for 250 words, that way, you can get 10$ for a 500 word article, and you can use the extra 4$ to pay for the promoted gig fee.

20%+ 15% = 3.5$ for a 10$ gig, so you get to keep 6.5$ for a 500 word article instead of 4$. Plus, the number of sales which you will get will also increase due to the increased exposure. The Fiverr cookie lasts only for 7 days, so only orders which have been placed within 7 days of the buyer finding your promoted gig will incur the extra promotion fees. If a buyer simply bookmarks your gig for later use and orders after 7 days, or if a new buyer turns into a repeat customer, all purchases they make after 7 days will be charged at the default 20% commission as other users.

The extra traffic and sales makes it worth it in the end you will have more revenues even after paying the initial 35% because of the possibility of repeat customers, bookmarks, tips etc.

I’ve activated my promoted gig option, but the traffic has not started flowing in and it seems the gig is still not showing up in the promoted gigs list on the search page. I will document my experiences once the promoted gig is live.

Yup, I understood what you meant, but you can simply increase your rates to accommodate the bump in expenses. So, from 5$ for 500 words, one can offer 5$ for 250 words, that way, you can get 10$ for a 500 word article, and you can use the extra 4$ to pay for the promoted gig fee.

20%+ 15% = 3.5$ for a 10$ gig, so you get to keep 6.5$ for a 500 word article instead of 4$. Plus, the number of sales which you will get will also increase due to the increased exposure. The Fiverr cookie lasts only for 7 days, so only orders which have been placed within 7 days of the buyer finding your promoted gig will incur the extra promotion fees. If a buyer simply bookmarks your gig for later use and orders after 7 days, or if a new buyer turns into a repeat customer, all purchases they make after 7 days will be charged at the default 20% commission as other users.

The extra traffic and sales makes it worth it in the end you will have more revenues even after paying the initial 35% because of the possibility of repeat customers, bookmarks, tips etc.

I’ve activated my promoted gig option, but the traffic has not started flowing in and it seems the gig is still not showing up in the promoted gigs list on the search page. I will document my experiences once the promoted gig is live.

Nice points and yes i would love to know about whether it made any difference for you or not. Definitely write about this once its over. 🙂

Nice points and yes i would love to know about whether it made any difference for you or not. Definitely write about this once its over. 🙂

I hope it never gets over because the promoted gig settings mentions that I can keep it active for as long as I want until the algorithm finds a fresh set of gigs to promote (which typically happens once every ~3 months). I will keep my promoted gig live for as long as that option exists. I love the idea of investing in advertising.

Anyway I was itching to start a Facebook or Twitter paid campaign to promote my gigs, now I got an inhouse option which provides targeted leads 🙂

I don’t know what amount of traffic I can anticipate from this promoted gig option. I am wondering if I should push my gig delivery from 2 days to 3 days.

I hope it never gets over because the promoted gig settings mentions that I can keep it active for as long as I want until the algorithm finds a fresh set of gigs to promote (which typically happens once every ~3 months). I will keep my promoted gig live for as long as that option exists. I love the idea of investing in advertising.

Anyway I was itching to start a Facebook or Twitter paid campaign to promote my gigs, now I got an inhouse option which provides targeted leads 🙂

I don’t know what amount of traffic I can anticipate from this promoted gig option. I am wondering if I should push my gig delivery from 2 days to 3 days.

Yeah i wish it continues. but after a while do share your experience about this. whether it increased your sales and revenue or not.

Thanks

From the article writer’s point of view, that’s fine if you are going to write just 1 article per order. Then making it $10 per article makes sense. But there are serious clients who order 10 to 30 articles at a time. They would be turned away by the $10/article model. That’s the reason I keep my prices at $5/article. My business model since the last 12 months has been to target the 10-30 articles an order buyer.

From the article writer’s point of view, that’s fine if you are going to write just 1 article per order. Then making it $10 per article makes sense. But there are serious clients who order 10 to 30 articles at a time. They would be turned away by the $10/article model. That’s the reason I keep my prices at $5/article. My business model since the last 12 months has been to target the 10-30 articles an order buyer.

My business model since the last 12 months has been to target the 10-30 articles an order buyer.

That would make each of your sale a custom order, na? (Meaning, you can add the extra 15% to your standard rate for 30 articles; The idea being that whatever clients you may lose due to a rise in price will be compensated by the new ones you will get due to the extra traffic)

Can you share your experiences with :

1. Promoted gigs
  2. Featured gigs
  3. TRS tag

Was there a noticeable rise in traffic/sale after each of these elevations? did you adjust your delivery timeline to cope with it?

I don’t typically get a lot of traffic. In a typical week, it’s 3k impressions > 80 clicks > 7 sales. Basically I get one gig per day. I don’t know what to expect when this promotion kicks in. It still hasn’t begun. Maybe they are providing some buffer time for sellers to prepare their gig sales page. Currently I’ve set it at 15%, maybe I should scale it down to 5% before the campaign kicks in.

My business model since the last 12 months has been to target the 10-30 articles an order buyer.

That would make each of your sale a custom order, na? (Meaning, you can add the extra 15% to your standard rate for 30 articles; The idea being that whatever clients you may lose due to a rise in price will be compensated by the new ones you will get due to the extra traffic)

Can you share your experiences with :

1. Promoted gigs
  2. Featured gigs
  3. TRS tag

Was there a noticeable rise in traffic/sale after each of these elevations? did you adjust your delivery timeline to cope with it?

I don’t typically get a lot of traffic. In a typical week, it’s 3k impressions > 80 clicks > 7 sales. Basically I get one gig per day. I don’t know what to expect when this promotion kicks in. It still hasn’t begun. Maybe they are providing some buffer time for sellers to prepare their gig sales page. Currently I’ve set it at 15%, maybe I should scale it down to 5% before the campaign kicks in.

It’s more complicated than that. I focus on repeat clients, those who have been with me for 1-3 years and who I feel comfortable working with. I don’t watch my stats, so can’t say much about that, but I’ve been working 12-14 hours a day since I started on Fiverr, from the very first week, without a break.

It’s more complicated than that. I focus on repeat clients, those who have been with me for 1-3 years and who I feel comfortable working with. I don’t watch my stats, so can’t say much about that, but I’ve been working 12-14 hours a day since I started on Fiverr, from the very first week, without a break.

Okay, got it. As @taverr says in his style :

_44507897_08zimwallet_ap.jpg.481a2b82c2795ab6ad24e8e189070406.jpg

Could you maybe consider working for a few hours less daily? Workaholics in Bangaluru is the reason I cannot afford a house in Bangaluru 😂

I saw an interior design video on Youtube yesterday which said “project cost 55L”. I jumped at that idea, then my senses kicked in when I realized that 55L was the cost of the interior design alone. Project cost was 2.5C. Stay classy Bangaluru.

9c7c8a9fed085683c4fbc75b580554c0f4d252f1.jpg

Could you maybe consider working for a few hours less daily? Workaholics in Bangaluru is the reason I cannot afford a house in Bangaluru 😂

I saw an interior design video on Youtube yesterday which said “project cost 55L”. I jumped at that idea, then my senses kicked in when I realized that 55L was the cost of the interior design alone. Project cost was 2.5C. Stay classy Bangaluru.

I hear prices have come down by 30% to 50% because of demonetization. So this may be your chance. All black money gone from real estate.

9c7c8a9fed085683c4fbc75b580554c0f4d252f1.jpg

In India, it takes an average person 40 years of saving to buy a decent 2-bedroom apartment in a metro. It’s not realistic. That’s because 50-60% of the prices are in black money. Hopefully demonetization will change that.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Girls and their parents especially have too many expectations in India. I’ve quit caring. But it’s not just about property and money, having a job in an IT company/MNC is more important.

We have a very strange country to be honest. The only way to hold on to your sanity is not to think too much about it and focus on your work for the day, nothing before that, and nothing after that.

Hi,
All i am reading about this option will be available soon but i can’t see it for my gigs. I have completed more then 200 Sales. And with NO single negative review.
And my delivery time, response rate and order completion rate is great.
I am in video category and graphics category.
I am providing quality services. But still did not see that promoted option for my gigs. Its mean this is not for all quality gigs?
May be this for really unique gigs right now? I really want this promoted gig option for my gigs and i want to use this option.
My ales where reduced when i first saw people talking about this new Promoted gig option is launching soon. But i dont know what is the real criteria to qualify for this option.
Any help?
Thanks all in advance.

Archived