Are there any Americans on Fiverr?

jerbonzo

What people are missing is what is their real requirement. It’s not that the seller needs to be American, it’s not that the seller currently live in America, it’s not that the seller is American but lives somewhere else. That goes for any other assumptions based on ethnicity or location, not just America.

The real requirements are that if you have complex requirements you need someone who speaks your language, in this case English with US slang.

I don’t know what aspect of culture is important but unless it’s specific to a particular city or state (New Orleans has a different culture than New York for example) then that’s probably not your real requirement. Maybe you want someone who is used to working in a professional capacity, signing NDAs, committing to a contract etc. Maybe you’re after someone with experience working in McDonalds. Well, both those are available from non-Americans. You might meet an American seller whose first language isn’t English and they’re not fluent in business English. Do they meet your requirement because they’re American?

I think it’s much easier to find the right seller if you think about what’s really important because those things can be discovered through communication.

I agree, language aside, if you find a seller through Fiverr with great rating and reviews, regardless of country they probably have a pretty firm grasp on their line of work and I’m sure, more than happy to work with you through the language/communication barrier. Just a thought. =)

I agree, language aside, if you find a seller through Fiverr with great rating and reviews, regardless of country they probably have a pretty firm grasp on their line of work and I’m sure, more than happy to work with you through the language/communication barrier. Just a thought. =)

For a shorter assignment on something specific for the Netherlands, I would also choose a Dutch writer over a Belgian writer (same language if the writer is not from the French or German speaking part). A Belgian writer would need to spend too much time on researching some issues that are clear cut for the Dutch person. And then there is the risk that the Belgian writer does not understand the subject and that I have to hire a Dutch writer anyway.

Depending on the exact subject, I could also see an advantage of hiring the Belgian writer, because he will probably be bettter able to explain something complicated in an easily understandable way.

For example, I would hire a Dutch writer about a blog post about how you can save money on your healthcare insurance, but I could hire a Belgian writer to explain about the healthare system in general.

As an article writer myself, I also notice that some buyers are also looking for a little bit of advice. If you have a topic specific to some country, the odds of finding someone that has some basic knowledge to help you are much bigger if you recruit a seller from the same country.

• 2 years later...

Archived