Can we get 1 week clearing period?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest offlinehelpers

There’s got to be some form of differentiation between TRS and the rest of us - why not 7 days extra to wait for payment.

It potentially gives us all a reason to want to become TRS, even if it is just because we just can’t wait a whole 7 days extra for our payments to clear.

Amen! There should be criteria to make one week clearing available to more sellers other than top rated sellers.

If Fiverr has inadequate responses to a scandal reaching more than 6m people right now, why do you suppose, in light of the evidence I’ve provided, that they will hitch back paydays?

The only real difference is that a TRS can make a few more gigs and get quicker CS access. Those are the two I value. The speeded up payment? You’re fussing about nothing–meanwhile, there’s a PR crisis going on. Hence the tumbleweed. An anonymous distraction, at best.

I don’t have very good experience with support, they’re usually giving me scripted answers that are often semi related to my actual question, if I’d open a ticket asking them about this, answer would be something along “Clearing period is 2 weeks. Thank you for contacting us” lines.

And as this is Fiverr Site Suggestion part of the site, it looks like perfect place to post suggestion I have about this website. Just in case any of those in charge actually read it.

I’ve been getting nothing BUT scripted responses from support, it’s actually pretty ridiculous.

I’ve been getting nothing BUT scripted responses from support, it’s actually pretty ridiculous.

Try being featured on a video with 6m views then getting your account blocked as you try to fulfill the literal hundreds.

Canned tunafish.

Try being featured on a video with 6m views then getting your account blocked as you try to fulfill the literal hundreds.

Canned tunafish.

That’s an interesting point you make. How else could fiverr have handled it? Let them to continue on?

They would have to read every gig order to see if it was offensive.

To leave the sellers with their intact accounts would make them complicit in the hateful messages.

A sign in place of the blocked account of some kind welcoming people might have been nice.

Badly, as evidenced so far. There are numerous reasons for this, but ultimately, Fiverr’s ineptitude is screwing us all.

Troot.

Would have been great if people, instead of seeing that account blocked, would have been welcomed with a message offering the $5 free to anyone who spent $20, or even the video about getting it done.

Though I also don’t believe that it makes much of a difference, it would be nice if there’s something in between the 14 days for us mortal souls and 7 days for the TRS. Maybe 10 days clearance time for level 2 sellers. If you suddenly take on a bigger assignment, and know you won’t be paid for a month or so, you just need to keep a buffer.

If you start campaigning for reduction in favor of level2 sellers only, then I fail to see the sense you’re making. Resist being selfish here (not referring to mjakkerman); it ought to be uniform 7 days for all. That ‘TRS perk’ should be done away with and that’s the point. On most counterpart sites it’s 7 days for everyone while on others its 14 days until after your first withdrawal and then 7 days thereafter.

If you start campaigning for reduction in favor of level2 sellers only, then I fail to see the sense you’re making. Resist being selfish here (not referring to mjakkerman); it ought to be uniform 7 days for all. That ‘TRS perk’ should be done away with and that’s the point. On most counterpart sites it’s 7 days for everyone while on others its 14 days until after your first withdrawal and then 7 days thereafter.

But why?

Bear in mind that at least $1,000 can be whisked from your account if a shithead buyer disputes your work long after the fact. over numerous gigs.

Tell me why this is more important than that, all you feeble whiners–and where were you when that happened to one of your non-TRS members?

Exactly. This post is a waste of everyone’s time.

Of course a quicker withdrawal period would be really awesome, I would love it for sure. When I signed up here and I saw 2 weeks I was a little put off.

That said every single person here was well aware of the withdrawal period when we signed up to Fiverr, as well as the other TOS… so ultimately we have agreed to these terms.

I have accommodated in my budgeting for the fact that I have to wait for 2 weeks before I can withdraw. It also then takes about a week for my money to clear in my bank account after I have cashed out from Paypal to my account. I have had to accommodate for this too.

I see nothing wrong with asking for a quicker withdrawal period, but when it seems like it is asked all the time and it doesn’t happen it isn’t going to happen.

I get asked all the time to do things faster than the time I have specified it takes, to include things that I just don’t do and all sorts of other things… yet my gigs specify how everything works.

How are the Fiverr terms different to this?

privilege of the few

Haven’t you guys heard of NET 30? Here is a helpful link

en.wikipedia.org 40px-ThreeCoins.svg.png

Net D

Net 10, net 15, net 30 and net 60 (often hyphenated "net-10" and/or followed by "days", e.g., "net 10 days") are forms of trade credit which specify that the net amount (the total outstanding on the invoice) is expected to be paid in full and received by the seller within 10, 15, 30 or 60 days after the goods are dispatched or service is completed. Net 30 or net 60 terms are often coupled with a credit for early payment. The word net in this sense means "total after all discounts." It originally ...

What a horror, eh? That’s regular freelance income and it’s not guaranteed! You’ll have to chase up those malingering clients, not to mention market to them and all the other stuff. And you may not get paid until 3 months later! How desperately unfair the world of modern business is.

If you have regular orders (i.e. on a daily, or near-daily basis), you get income cleared pretty much every day and this becomes a non-issue. If you are looking for quick cash, Fiverr isn’t the best platform. And yes, I do enjoy the 7-day withdrawal benefit from my golden throne, but you know what, apart from the first week where I had ‘double income’ it hasn’t made much difference. I still only take money out at a certain threshold, which can be in a week, or in a month. It depends.

Just work towards becoming a TRS instead of trying to change something as minor as this. You could focus on improving your skills or something. Stuff like that.

Absolutely right. 🙂

Of course a quicker withdrawal period would be really awesome, I would love it for sure. When I signed up here and I saw 2 weeks I was a little put off.

That said every single person here was well aware of the withdrawal period when we signed up to Fiverr, as well as the other TOS… so ultimately we have agreed to these terms.

I have accommodated in my budgeting for the fact that I have to wait for 2 weeks before I can withdraw. It also then takes about a week for my money to clear in my bank account after I have cashed out from Paypal to my account. I have had to accommodate for this too.

I see nothing wrong with asking for a quicker withdrawal period, but when it seems like it is asked all the time and it doesn’t happen it isn’t going to happen.

I get asked all the time to do things faster than the time I have specified it takes, to include things that I just don’t do and all sorts of other things… yet my gigs specify how everything works.

How are the Fiverr terms different to this?

Sellers tend to be a bit more flexible 😉 Ultimately, you have a healthy approach to this by working it into your budget for, well I guess pretty much next month. I have said many, many times that freelancers need a union to deal with stuff like this, but ultimately, we are by and large a bunch of grumblers who will moan on a forum and take it no further. I’ve pointed to numerous solutions to this not-quite-an-issue above and how it’s actually quicker than more conventional payment methods, but to no avail.

The CEO isn’t listening–and he has bigger fish to fry at the moment (and I would rather he/HQ focus on that). Which makes it the ideal time to go on strike, but we’re not going to do that. There would be even more delayed payments, not to mention repercussions. Fun fact: up until the red scare of the 1950s, the US had a healthy culture of labor unions. Now they’re all but dead, and one only has to look at the stagnating US economy, propped up by ghoulish economy of war to see how that’s working.

I’m not saying that unions are perfect–the people that run them are often not, but I see regression in this area, at least. Fiverr’s terms are different in that they have a lot more control and power via the T&C and access to its market, and like all the major players in the freelance market (no matter what the different “perks” are for each of them), we’re just the cattle.

If you need cash fast, work cash in hand or do something illegal. Or move to certain European countries which are moving towards a more progressive model of living which recognizes the changing economy and is moving to monthly stipends for citizens–oh, and that smexy universal healthcare.

/soapbox

That was more of a general speech.

Sellers tend to be a bit more flexible 😉 Ultimately, you have a healthy approach to this by working it into your budget for, well I guess pretty much next month. I have said many, many times that freelancers need a union to deal with stuff like this, but ultimately, we are by and large a bunch of grumblers who will moan on a forum and take it no further. I’ve pointed to numerous solutions to this not-quite-an-issue above and how it’s actually quicker than more conventional payment methods, but to no avail.

The CEO isn’t listening–and he has bigger fish to fry at the moment (and I would rather he/HQ focus on that). Which makes it the ideal time to go on strike, but we’re not going to do that. There would be even more delayed payments, not to mention repercussions. Fun fact: up until the red scare of the 1950s, the US had a healthy culture of labor unions. Now they’re all but dead, and one only has to look at the stagnating US economy, propped up by ghoulish economy of war to see how that’s working.

I’m not saying that unions are perfect–the people that run them are often not, but I see regression in this area, at least. Fiverr’s terms are different in that they have a lot more control and power via the T&C and access to its market, and like all the major players in the freelance market (no matter what the different “perks” are for each of them), we’re just the cattle.

If you need cash fast, work cash in hand or do something illegal. Or move to certain European countries which are moving towards a more progressive model of living which recognizes the changing economy and is moving to monthly stipends for citizens–oh, and that smexy universal healthcare.

/soapbox

That was more of a general speech.

True @emmaki 🙂 I just think any time I spend grumbling over things like this I could be promoting my gigs instead and getting in money… yes in a month’s time sure but still it is income. When there is enough work coming in regularly then it won’t be so much of an issue anyway.

I am also part of other marketplaces and online influencer platforms… take Webfluential for an example. They only pay you out 30 days after a campaign has finished, sometimes longer.

Like I say, you read the TOS and decide if you want to join or not, it is as simple as that for me.

True @emmaki 🙂 I just think any time I spend grumbling over things like this I could be promoting my gigs instead and getting in money… yes in a month’s time sure but still it is income. When there is enough work coming in regularly then it won’t be so much of an issue anyway.

I am also part of other marketplaces and online influencer platforms… take Webfluential for an example. They only pay you out 30 days after a campaign has finished, sometimes longer.

Like I say, you read the TOS and decide if you want to join or not, it is as simple as that for me.

Yeah, no disagreement here. I have been freelancing since 2005, so it’s been a while since I’ve had the patchy initial income, but once your business has picked up, you have a rep, passive income streams and all the rest of it, it really settles down.

In all honesty, I worked a deadend but very enjoyable job as a waitress for a few years while my online career picked up. I never once complained, just got on with it. A 1 week clearing period makes no difference when you have a regular weekly paycheck that varies week on week. Does it suck when you don’t? Yes. But there are always options. And all freelancers know to keep at least 6 months to a year’s cash reserves if possible for downtime. It’s amazing how many sellers on Fiverr don’t seem to think of that and think just a week ahead (and that’s with no obligations like family)

Yeah, no disagreement here. I have been freelancing since 2005, so it’s been a while since I’ve had the patchy initial income, but once your business has picked up, you have a rep, passive income streams and all the rest of it, it really settles down.

In all honesty, I worked a deadend but very enjoyable job as a waitress for a few years while my online career picked up. I never once complained, just got on with it. A 1 week clearing period makes no difference when you have a regular weekly paycheck that varies week on week. Does it suck when you don’t? Yes. But there are always options. And all freelancers know to keep at least 6 months to a year’s cash reserves if possible for downtime. It’s amazing how many sellers on Fiverr don’t seem to think of that and think just a week ahead (and that’s with no obligations like family)

Yes @emmaki it is essential to keep some finances aside for a rainy day, it is not every day that you will receive orders and have money coming in when you work for yourself. It is so different to having a job where you know what salary you will be receiving at the end of every month, what your bonus and overtime pay is and of course sick leave, family responsibility leave and holiday leave too.

A assume that there is a trust/risk based issue (from the perspective of Fiverr) to differentiate between TRS and other sellers. If that is true (fewer disputes and chargebacks and so on for TRS), then there are probably also fewer for Level 2 sellers. There are a lot of level 2 sellers that have been consistently performing really well but that are just short of becoming TRS for some reason.

But then again, it doesn’t really matter that much, the only advantage would be that Fiverr shows some trust.

A assume that there is a trust/risk based issue (from the perspective of Fiverr) to differentiate between TRS and other sellers. If that is true (fewer disputes and chargebacks and so on for TRS), then there are probably also fewer for Level 2 sellers. There are a lot of level 2 sellers that have been consistently performing really well but that are just short of becoming TRS for some reason.

But then again, it doesn’t really matter that much, the only advantage would be that Fiverr shows some trust.

No use making those assumptions. Whatever risk/issues that can’t be sorted in 7 days would very likely linger, even beyond 14 days. In any case, same issues could even come up 30 days or longer afterwards.

It is also untrue that chargebacks (or whatever) are more with the lower levels and fewer with higher levels.

TRSs rake in more money for Fiverr and that’s why they are encouraged with those perks. That’s understandable. Issue I’m making here is; for that single element of ‘7-days payment clearing period’, take it off as a perk and make it flat for everyone.

No use making those assumptions. Whatever risk/issues that can’t be sorted in 7 days would very likely linger, even beyond 14 days. In any case, same issues could even come up 30 days or longer afterwards.

It is also untrue that chargebacks (or whatever) are more with the lower levels and fewer with higher levels.

TRSs rake in more money for Fiverr and that’s why they are encouraged with those perks. That’s understandable. Issue I’m making here is; for that single element of ‘7-days payment clearing period’, take it off as a perk and make it flat for everyone.

From my perspective there’s no downside in making clearing period shorter, and from comments I can see there’s good amount of people who agree with me. Interesting thing is that only people who don’t think this is good are actually TRS, I’m not sure why is that. There wasn’t a single message why this could be bad for sellers, only some random stories that go offtopic.

From my perspective there’s no downside in making clearing period shorter, and from comments I can see there’s good amount of people who agree with me. Interesting thing is that only people who don’t think this is good are actually TRS, I’m not sure why is that. There wasn’t a single message why this could be bad for sellers, only some random stories that go offtopic.

Interesting thing is that only people who don’t think this is good are actually TRS

I believe I’m the only TRS on this post (thus far). Don’t misrepresent the position of others as an elite dismissal.

Now, has Our Glorious Leader deigned to respond to you, or were you attached by a vicious squad of tumbleweed and birdsong?

Potential downside:

quick fix does something weird and breaks entire system. $10,000s of money goes missing. Angry peasant hordes descend on Fiverr demanding to know where their money is. Unfortunately, new glitch means that it’s out of Fiverr’s hand, and “Fiverr has lost money too” sad face. Apologists on the forum say it’s a part of doing business. Everyone wishes that nothing had ever been done.

Plenty of level 2 sellers are making equal to, or more money than TRS, @grydlynnes. It’s well documented in other areas of the forum. A popular level 2 programmer/web designer will naturally have larger projects and budgets than someone who churns out articles at $5 a pop (and writers are churners). As for chargebacks, that’s just a luck of the draw: it’s untrue to say x gets more of than them than y, We do not have the full data, just some self-publicized cases.

As for the off-topic stuff, it’s a shame that you can’t see the utility behind it, as it’s largely how to deal with the terrible tragedy of dealing with a 14-day cash turnaround in a world of NET much more than that.

There is no message about why this is bad–only the truth that this is a waste of time. Enjoy the birdsong and tumbleweed.

Interesting thing is that only people who don’t think this is good are actually TRS

I believe I’m the only TRS on this post (thus far). Don’t misrepresent the position of others as an elite dismissal.

Now, has Our Glorious Leader deigned to respond to you, or were you attached by a vicious squad of tumbleweed and birdsong?

Potential downside:

quick fix does something weird and breaks entire system. $10,000s of money goes missing. Angry peasant hordes descend on Fiverr demanding to know where their money is. Unfortunately, new glitch means that it’s out of Fiverr’s hand, and “Fiverr has lost money too” sad face. Apologists on the forum say it’s a part of doing business. Everyone wishes that nothing had ever been done.

Plenty of level 2 sellers are making equal to, or more money than TRS, @grydlynnes. It’s well documented in other areas of the forum. A popular level 2 programmer/web designer will naturally have larger projects and budgets than someone who churns out articles at $5 a pop (and writers are churners). As for chargebacks, that’s just a luck of the draw: it’s untrue to say x gets more of than them than y, We do not have the full data, just some self-publicized cases.

As for the off-topic stuff, it’s a shame that you can’t see the utility behind it, as it’s largely how to deal with the terrible tragedy of dealing with a 14-day cash turnaround in a world of NET much more than that.

There is no message about why this is bad–only the truth that this is a waste of time. Enjoy the birdsong and tumbleweed.

Alright, if you think this is waste of time why are you spending your time responding in this topic? It doesn’t concern you, as you’re already enjoying privilege of having 7 day clearing period. I’m not sure what your comments has to do with simple suggestion to make Fiverr better place for rest of sellers. It’s like you’re on a quest to force people into thinking how this is waste of time. Fine, that’s your opinion, don’t shove it down everybody’s throat. As for your colorful explanation of potential downside, of “quick fix that does something weird”, that’s not how any of this works. System is already developed and set in place, only thing they need to do is make it apply to larger number of users. Looking from technical side, this would take maximum up to a month, with all the testing and precociousness, so there isn’t any real downside to this, it’s matter of good will of those who are in charge to listen.

It’s a forum, I’m entitled to express my opinion just as much as anyone else here–do you not encourage debate on a point? This place is as good as any to write. You know I don’t exclusively post on this thread…

I see you do not like humorous takes on how implementing a simple fix might go wrong.

It’s a matter of good will of those who are in charge to listen

9f97f7502ecc5767b455e9ecc3978da0fe9bb10d351931c98569e7af8fd82920.jpg.17ad17298358875a9ad530199995fb7c.jpg

…such as how Customer Support has given you anything other than a 1-click canned response and whether the CEO has fluttered down to answer your concern.

From the TOS

Completed orders may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order is marked as complete.

I think it makes a lot of sense that starting users have to wait 14 days before they receive their money, as long as the previous sentence is still in the TOS. Given that TRS have very high review ratings and a lot of completed assignments, I think that is fair to assume that they have fewer cancellations than other users.

Archived