Should I go with Payoneer or PayPal? - wost experience with PayPal

anamariaedan

@writer99025 There was one more step that I needed to take in order to get it back, verify my home address. And, they asked for bills, property documents or bank statements. Obviously, as I live with my parents I do not have anything in my name and the documents that include my name do not also include the address. At the bank, people thought I was crazy asking for a bank statement with my address, as no bank here includes that on any bank statement. I tried to explain it so many times, but I don’t think they read my emails, as they always reply with ‘‘robotic’’ messages, only their name changes.

There are other ways to verify your identity to Paypal, but please note that ALL forms of verification with Paypal is basically a breach of your privacy.

Paypal is not registered as a BANK in our country and does not have the obligation which a bank has towards its customers. They have no obligation to safeguard customer data, nor the obligation to adhere by fair trade policy nor the obligation to provide interest on our balance (This is why Paypal was limited by Indian government a few years ago.) If you upload any documents or data to Paypal, it is no different than uploading it to Facebook or Twitter.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s exactly why other people are interested in this Paypal vs Payoneer debate…but…

2144b8b02c489e2ce42a2737d793391878aa48e8.jpg

You are too rich to care 😂 I am worried about using Payoneer because I usually whitdraw $20 - $40, so I wouldn’t be able to do it with Payoneer, I would have to wait until I have $50. Tough life! Haha

I wish I was! 😂 I am worried about using Payoneer because I usually whitdraw $20 - $40, so I wouldn’t be able to do it with Payoneer, I would have to wait until I have $50. Tough life! Haha

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

I wish I was! 😂 I am worried about using Payoneer because I usually whitdraw $20 - $40, so I wouldn’t be able to do it with Payoneer, I would have to wait until I have $50. Tough life! Haha

Payoneer at least abides by defacto global banking standards since they are a MasterCard partner. Paypal is answerable to no one and they behave accordingly.

Fiverr also charges 3$ per withdrawal. So, the more frequently you withdraw, the more money you lose. Allowing it to accumulate and withdrawing bi-annually saves some.

@writer99025 There was one more step that I needed to take in order to get it back, verify my home address. And, they asked for bills, property documents or bank statements. Obviously, as I live with my parents I do not have anything in my name and the documents that include my name do not also include the address. At the bank, people thought I was crazy asking for a bank statement with my address, as no bank here includes that on any bank statement. I tried to explain it so many times, but I don’t think they read my emails, as they always reply with ‘‘robotic’’ messages, only their name changes.

In India, we can provide the “Aadhar card” or our “Voter ID” as the verification document. Do you have something like that?

In India, we can provide the “Aadhar card” or our “Voter ID” as the verification document. Do you have something like that?

@taverr I already sent my ID and student ID, a document from city hall which is official coming from the government, a bank document & a bunch of others. None seem to be taken into account, so at this point there’s really nothing else I can do. I went through all my options, contacted them in many ways, explained my situation clearly but I guess their customer support just clicks automatic response and nothing else. They don’t seem to pay attention or even properly analyse/read the documents. I will try sending one more email, since they have no one in Romania as customer support, which would clearly know what I am talking about, they are simply generalizing the situation and using a standard procedure that cannot be applied in my case. I still hope it gets resolved because I’ve been stuck with no income for weeks.

Payoneer at least abides by defacto global banking standards since they are a MasterCard partner. Paypal is answerable to no one and they behave accordingly.

Fiverr also charges 3$ per withdrawal. So, the more frequently you withdraw, the more money you lose. Allowing it to accumulate and withdrawing bi-annually saves some.

It only charges me about $1 to whitdraw from Fiverr to PayPal, and then $2,5 to my local bank account.

It only charges me about $1 to whitdraw from Fiverr to PayPal, and then $2,5 to my local bank account.

You’re sure it’s 2,5$? It takes 2.5**%** from me.

@taverr I already sent my ID and student ID, a document from city hall which is official coming from the government, a bank document & a bunch of others. None seem to be taken into account, so at this point there’s really nothing else I can do. I went through all my options, contacted them in many ways, explained my situation clearly but I guess their customer support just clicks automatic response and nothing else. They don’t seem to pay attention or even properly analyse/read the documents. I will try sending one more email, since they have no one in Romania as customer support, which would clearly know what I am talking about, they are simply generalizing the situation and using a standard procedure that cannot be applied in my case. I still hope it gets resolved because I’ve been stuck with no income for weeks.

Call them. But take a note that you will get the self-help robot agent there, just enter 00 when the call is about to end and you can talk to a human.

Btw ask Paypal to return the amount to Fiverr if possible. (Don’t know if this can be an option)

Call them. But take a note that you will get the self-help robot agent there, just enter 00 when the call is about to end and you can talk to a human.

Btw ask Paypal to return the amount to Fiverr if possible. (Don’t know if this can be an option)

I just checked the Fiverr-specific fees in Payoneer. Apparently they charge 2% conversion rate.

error.thumb.jpg.fb11ba04d1012a2b050628e28524edf0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is something people may not know about Paypal to be aware of. Paypal not only can put money into your bank account but it also can take it out whenever it wants to.

Yes that’s right. Paypal can remove money from your bank if they want to. I had it happen once on ebay for some reason. There was a dispute over some software I sold or something. It was years ago. So if you use Paypal keep a low balance in your bank account.

1. There is no yearly fees of Payoneer.
  2. It`s your money, ask Paypal to either transfer it to you or send it back.
  3. Yes, in Payoneer the minimum payout is $50 but still it worths it.

There is no yearly fees of Payoneer.

It`s your money, ask Paypal to either transfer it to you or send it back.

Yes, in Payoneer the minimum payout is $50 but still it worths it.

How much is Payoneer paying you to say this?

They both have risks. I applied for Payoneer a loong time ago - in my experience they have terrible costumer service. Kept denying my application, etc. I don’t remember exactly what happened, but they did something VERY rude to me to top my poop list of companies that I am never dealing with again.

Paypal has its flaws, but I’ve had generally good experiences with them. Up to you.

There is no yearly fees of Payoneer.

It`s your money, ask Paypal to either transfer it to you or send it back.

Yes, in Payoneer the minimum payout is $50 but still it worths it.

How much is Payoneer paying you to say this?

$1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 😂

Archived