What is the best software in your opinion for graphic design?

tmkeiss

All design softwares are the best. It depends on what you want to design and how. There are things i easily do in Illustrator than in Photoshop and some people would do the same thing on Corel Draw

Yeah I figured that would be a common response. Just figured I’d get some ideas from here than trying to sift through hundreds of reviews of each software. What one person likes another prefers something much superior.

Doesn’t matter the software you used. Person who using it should be creative and well trained about the tools you have in the software first in order to get a nice clean output. If you know the basics of the raster you will able to handle any raster editor and get the work done. Same for the vector. So play with what ever you have and you will find all the software can become handy while you are working. Believe me even by using the MS paint you can create a stunning picture only if you have patient and the creativity.
http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/ms-paint

canal-ms-paint.jpg.be86d18fac281ffe62ea9c546297727e.jpg

Doesn’t matter the software you used. Person who using it should be creative and well trained about the tools you have in the software first in order to get a nice clean output. If you know the basics of the raster you will able to handle any raster editor and get the work done. Same for the vector. So play with what ever you have and you will find all the software can become handy while you are working. Believe me even by using the MS paint you can create a stunning picture only if you have patient and the creativity.

61ada7ca732cdb732a6912a8cadf06891cbdcf2c.jpg

Wow! This is fantastic @heather_ruth!

If you have good skills it does not matter, you will create exceptional works anyway. But if want to work quickly Adobe is the best choice, most popular at least, but also very expensive. For vector graphic (logo, posters, flat design) Adobe Illustrator is great, for a raster graphic (image retouching, webdesign) - Photoshop is the best choice. There is also a good and very cheap competition: Affinity Design (vector) and Affinity Photo (raster) - you pay only once, not like with Adobe (monthly subscription).

If you have good skills it does not matter, you will create exceptional works anyway. But if want to work quickly Adobe is the best choice, most popular at least, but also very expensive. For vector graphic (logo, posters, flat design) Adobe Illustrator is great, for a raster graphic (image retouching, webdesign) - Photoshop is the best choice. There is also a good and very cheap competition: Affinity Design (vector) and Affinity Photo (raster) - you pay only once, not like with Adobe (monthly subscription).

Well. There is also the free ones like:

Vector 2D: Inkscape

Raster: Gimp

Vector 3D: Blender

Great sales!

As many have already mentioned it depends on the user. I prefer pencil to paper any day but do dabble in digital especially since I’m picking it up again. I have used MS Paint, MS Picture It, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Flash and Photoshop. I’ve used the Adobe stuff because I didn’t know of any others.

Xara Creative Suite and Corel are some other options you can look into. There are also some open source software options available. Even with that said you don’t really need techie software to create graphic pieces and since you’re starting out, you can simply create items using pencil and paper.

61ada7ca732cdb732a6912a8cadf06891cbdcf2c.jpg

Definitely. I actually got away with using MS Paint for an Illustrator course but the teacher couldn’t tell the difference.

Archived