In Doers We Trust

mjensen415

I went to watch it again on youtube and the two best parts have been edited out:

anyway the voiceover said in the sex scene: "woo the customer, shmooze the customer"

so that’s what she was doing I guess

Or maybe the ad agency that made the video didn’t know that fiverr sellers don’t talk to buyers on the phone.

Maybe it was just a shit campaign from start to finish as it tried to be controversial, someone else did it better and now the two most interesting (controversial) bits are gone.

In undoers we trust more, like Fiverr. Backpedal much lately?

Mind you I just checked and the original is still up and this is the new top comment (censored slightly):

So you guys can do this in a advert but people on fiver can’t say a joke about […] that they didn’t get?

What a messy campaign, it’s delightful.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

bas(h)ed

I think that’s not the word you’re looking for. The relevant comment is below (I attempted to link but it did not work). If you read the full thing, you’ll see that the supposed “bashing” actually makes a valid point about her customer status. Misrepresent away if you want to!

http://forum.fiverr.com/t/in-doers-we-trust/98387/32?u=emmaki

That was my first serious comment on this post after a spot of Fiverr-bashing (let’s not forget, a national sport on this forum). I wouldn’t say that’s me being excited… as I said

RULES DON’T EXIST. Until they do…

Eh, the link doesn’t work. Scroll up to about post 10.

bas(h)ed

I think that’s not the word you’re looking for. The relevant comment is below (I attempted to link but it did not work). If you read the full thing, you’ll see that the supposed “bashing” actually makes a valid point about her customer status. Misrepresent away if you want to!

That was my first serious comment on this post after a spot of Fiverr-bashing (let’s not forget, a national sport on this forum). I wouldn’t say that’s me being excited… as I said

@emmaki its nice of you.

I went to watch it again on youtube and the two best parts have been edited out:

anyway the voiceover said in the sex scene: "woo the customer, shmooze the customer"

Or maybe the ad agency that made the video didn’t know that fiverr sellers don’t talk to buyers on the phone.

there are many gigs offering the sky-pe support that’s why she was taking to the client.

bas(h)ed

“RULES DON’T EXIST. Until they do…”

For some strange reason, this episode from Star Trek Voyager came to mind. It featured two Ferengi that were hit with a dilemma of losing majority of their profits that were earned over the past 7 years. To find a way around this they consulted the trusty rule book from their home world.

There were rules in place to ensure each Ferengi did their due diligence yet there were rules in play to break the other rules so that they could get out of following through with each rule. Almost like the ad campaign to an extent though its probably more along the lines of do as I say not as I do but if you do err on the side of caution.

“RULES DON’T EXIST. Until they do…”

For some strange reason, this episode from Star Trek Voyager came to mind. It featured two Ferengi that were hit with a dilemma of losing majority of their profits that were earned over the past 7 years. To find a way around this they consulted the trusty rule book from their home world.

There were rules in place to ensure each Ferengi did their due diligence yet there were rules in play to break the other rules so that they could get out of following through with each rule. Almost like the ad campaign to an extent though its probably more along the lines of do as I say not as I do but if you do err on the side of caution.

Exactly. Rules don’t exist!

If it works for Donald, it works for me. And the ferengi.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a seller and i try my best to make the buyers happy cause they mean everything to us just because of our buyers we are surviving here. I love this platform cause here i can help people to achieve there goals and I’m helping them to make their events memorable . 🙂

Blog post from Fiverr CEO, Micha Kaufman:

In the nearly seven years since Fiverr was launched, we’ve built something special: A community of millions spread across 190 different countries, posting over 10 million Gigs, and buying over 30 million services.

We’ve taken great pride in helping talented people find an outlet for their skills and create personal brands. We’ve helped entrepreneurs build small businesses from nothing, democratizing services that never would have previously been available to so many. And we’ve given countless freelancers the opportunity to pursue their real passions and create a life they want rather than the one their demographic, geographic, or social standing would traditionally dictate.

If you think I sound like a proud parent, you’re right. In fact, I’d often find myself half-jokingly looking up what to expect from a 4, 5, and 6-year-old each of the last few years. So, what should we expect from a 7-year-old?

According to our friends at BabyCenter, “Sevens are delightful to be around. They’ve shed a bit more of the neediness and uncertainty of younger years, and bring enthusiasm and curiosity to everything they do. Sevens tend to ask lots of questions, because they’re keen observers with a big need to know about everything.”

After 10 million Gigs and 30 million transactions, I’d say we’ve shed much of our uncertainty, but our enthusiasm has only grown. We’ve asked a lot of questions, and we know quite a bit about the world the Fiverr community lives in.

It’s a world where all of us are asked to do more with less, working longer hours with more competition for the same opportunity. It’s one that asks each of us to do whatever it takes, because that’s exactly what our businesses need to succeed. We call it the age of the lean entrepreneur.

We’re the ones who get it done. It’s that emotion and identity that’s given us the inspiration behind “In Doers We Trust.” Not only is it a true embodiment of the Fiverr ethos, community, and brand, it’s at the core of what makes so many beyond just our community tick, and I’m excited to share it with all of you.

Doer.

It’s a label that few of us have ever given ourselves, but it expresses so much about what we stand for. It’s a role we should claim proudly, and that includes celebrating the ideals of lean entrepreneurship in both real and digital communities beyond our own. From social hubs like YouTube and Facebook to mass transit commutes in some of the U.S.’s biggest cities, we will salute the attitude and impact doers, freelancers, creators and makers have on the world. Anyone engaging with Fiverr will feel a renewed focus and connection to these ideals, starting here.

Have a look. Poke around. Stand up and be counted. Throw feedback our way. We’ll be listening.

We know success is earned not through talk, but through action, so we created a community of people specializing in getting things done. We believe everyone has a right to succeed, so our marketplace is open and accessible to anyone. We believe in trust and quality, so we built a safe and intuitive product for the passionate people and businesses who strive to be the very best.

We know that doers are at their best when they’re doing, so Fiverr’s experience allows creativity and productivity to grow for freelancers and entrepreneurs, both on the marketplace and in the cities you call home.

My commitment to all of you is to continue building a marketplace that will enable lean entrepreneurship so that all of you, and anyone else who is willing to pour sweat and tears into their work, can thrive in this new economy.

But it’s a two-way street. As a community, don’t ever stop pushing, growing, and evolving. Keep hustling and keep grinding each day to make it more productive than the last.

Simply put:

Wake up every day to get shit done.

We’ll help you do it.

What do you want to DO this year? Tell us in the comments below!

https://www.fiverr.com/in-doers-we-trust

That’s the question I have started to ask myself since the day the business started to grow ! Let me tell it to you in public. I want to reach 30000$ P.M. and to do so. I know I will need to work 48 hours from allotted 24 hrs. Thanks Fiverr for believing in doers ! Keep growing and let us be growing ! Thanks a ton.

That’s the question I have started to ask myself since the day the business started to grow ! Let me tell it to you in public. I want to reach 30000$ P.M. and to do so. I know I will need to work 48 hours from allotted 24 hrs. Thanks Fiverr for believing in doers ! Keep growing and let us be growing ! Thanks a ton.

Good Luck! I appreciate your Goal!

• 3 months later...

This has gone through several revisions from the original one.

In some of the comments people are not getting why the little girl had her drawing crumpled up. She grew up and became a doer with no one telling her it can’t be done.

Best One Yet!!! This inspires one to BUY or BE A DOER!!!

Archived