SALES VIDEO - The best gig I've ordered all year!

musiclover

I’m so glad that you’re happy Nakita. I really appreciate the feedback. I usually only get people to leave feedback on the order page but you went to a whole different level and put it up on the forum. Thank you so much. Looking forward to working with you again.

Guest mrspanda

@musiclover

Have you gotten a warning about this? Because I keep hearing, and Customer Support told me this as well, that we are not allowed to promote other users here on Fiverr, because I used to do the same thing… promote awesome gigs I have bought. Then I was notified that we couldn’t… I’m not trying to hijack your thread, I was just curious if you’ve ever gotten some sort of notification about it as well. (Not that I agree with the notification, because at the end of the day, Fiverr is still making money… so I don’t see what we shouldn’t promote each other to stimulate the Fiveconomy)

Reply to @mrspanda: Wow. That’s crazy. No, I haven’t gotten a notification. So I’ll keep doing so until they personally tell me to stop. But I think its dumb, especially if my promotion is genuine, not spam, and posted in a category like “chit chat”. Did they send you an email? Or posted a sherriff note on your thread? Did they give you a reason?

-Nakita

Guest mrspanda

Reply to @musiclover: I got a warning in my inbox because someone requested palm reading. I don’t do palm reading but I knew someone that was very good at it and referred the buyer to him. I got a warning asking me to not refer or advertise other sellers…

mrspanda said: (Not that I agree with the notification, because at the end of the day, Fiverr is still making money... so I don't see what we shouldn't promote each other to stimulate the Fiveconomy)

I still think this is just preemptive on Fiverr's part. They're afraid if a group of sellers gets together, they might go 'rogue' and set up a one-stop shop somewhere else.

Yep, back in the day, my ‘real’ small business was set up like that - a group of high-quality professionals skilled in all things commercial art, design and marketing. Since everyone also worked freelance on the side (it’s never easy to get an online business off the ground without a significant cash investment up-front) each person ended up getting caught up in their own specialty and it turned out that the bulk of clients were small businesses that would rather (or could only afford to) buy bits and pieces instead of ‘full packages’ anyway. So, adapt and keep on going. 🙂

Archived