Warning signs of a potentially troublesome buyer

capitalquality

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

promising to tip (then never doing so)

5b0e5811ec2fa92db1750d040edc1e08c514e85f.jpg

Promising a tip and never doing it… is a guaranteed way to convince a Seller to never work with you again.

Not saying I ever expect a tip (even when someone says so), but if someone was to “promise” something and then not delivering is extremely deceptive and I would not be okay with it. It’s a sure sign that the person you’re working with is either a) not honest b) not a good person or both.

Those are not the type of people I want to work it and I would have no problem saying no to. It’s okay to say no.

Promising a tip and never doing it… is a guaranteed way to convince a Seller to never work with you again.

Not saying I ever expect a tip (even when someone says so), but if someone was to “promise” something and then not delivering is extremely deceptive and I would not be okay with it. It’s a sure sign that the person you’re working with is either a) not honest b) not a good person or both.

Those are not the type of people I want to work it and I would have no problem saying no to. It’s okay to say no.

I would have no problem saying no

35656355.jpg.4cf9ff9fcf5ea5aa9b29c340194b66a1.jpg

I have to say that this theme is very irritating.

I am a buyer for a very short time but I have ordered almost 40 gigs by now.

I worked and I’m still working with great, very professional buyers, but I’m am dealing with some very unprofessional and even rude sellers that accept jobs that they can’t finish, they don’t reply for days after deadline and don’t bother even to cancel order when I ask for it!!!

I always write to sellers that I want to order from detail description of work that I need and ask them if they can do it before I place an order.

There are those who finishes jobs but their work is not professional, it is amateur and sloppy, completely useless and I then wonder how they have so good rating and finally I figure it how, when I get message in which they require me to give them good grade or to change my grade!

But most frustrating is that this unprofessional behavior is supported because when 48 hours in which a seller should cancel or withdraw dispute passes, Fiverr gives them extra time! Extra time for what?!

So, next time when you start to bad-mouth buyers remember that lot of buyers has very negative experience with sellers, too and that this kind of themes and comments are not really helpful and that they can be even offensive.

Every seller knows that there are bad sellers on the site. We all see the complaints posted on the forum in the categories of Conversations, Your Fiverr Experience and The Ranting Pot.

This category is Tips For Sellers so you will find tips which are specifically for sellers here. In the same way there are bad sellers, there are also buyers who behave just as badly and who seem to get unfair treatment from Fiverr - you will see those in the same categories as the buyer complaints.

Nobody is trying to be offensive towards buyers or sellers. The reality is that there are Fiverr users who behave badly and unprofessionally - in the Tips For Buyers category you will find similar tips for finding the good sellers and avoiding the bad.

I disagree with this one:

“1. tells you a previous Fiverr seller did rubbish work (they’ll rarely be satisfied)”

It is foreseeable that he received crap. Some of my buyers actually showed me what another seller(s) did, and that helps me because I learn what they don’t like.

The truth is most troublesome buyers are undetectable until you deliver, that’s when you find out who they are.

I have to say that this theme is very irritating.

I am a buyer for a very short time but I have ordered almost 40 gigs by now.

I worked and I’m still working with great, very professional buyers, but I’m am dealing with some very unprofessional and even rude sellers that accept jobs that they can’t finish, they don’t reply for days after deadline and don’t bother even to cancel order when I ask for it!!!

I always write to sellers that I want to order from detail description of work that I need and ask them if they can do it before I place an order.

There are those who finishes jobs but their work is not professional, it is amateur and sloppy, completely useless and I then wonder how they have so good rating and finally I figure it how, when I get message in which they require me to give them good grade or to change my grade!

But most frustrating is that this unprofessional behavior is supported because when 48 hours in which a seller should cancel or withdraw dispute passes, Fiverr gives them extra time! Extra time for what?!

So, next time when you start to bad-mouth buyers remember that lot of buyers has very negative experience with sellers, too and that this kind of themes and comments are not really helpful and that they can be even offensive.

Perhaps just start your own “Warning signs of a potentially troublesome seller” thread? What do you expect going to “tips for sellers” section and clicking on a thread with the tittle “Warning signs of a potentially troublesome buyer”? Not reading and then expecting something completely different from the description is the biggest warning sign of “a potentially troublesome buyer”.

These warning signs are so true. The last order that i had cancelled yesterday, the buyer was like 14; they wanted me to “Polish” their powerpoint slides and then they asked why I changed the font size. 😑

I’ve heard number 13 quite a few times, I don’t allow that to influence my prices.

I’ve gotten number 5 sooooo many times…I always refuse.

I believe I’ve experienced number 2 also. I never thought much of it but now I’m going to be more stringent.

LOL I have had a few people telling me they will place lots of orders in the future, can they have a better rate. I just say no, these are my best rates. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not against giving better rates to really good customers… but you need to be a really good customer in order to get better rates first. And by a better customer I mean easy to deal with, not rude and not difficult to deal with.

I do a damn good job and I give damn good service and I don’t like dealing with difficult customers, because it is just not worth my time or the money!

LOL I have had a few people telling me they will place lots of orders in the future, can they have a better rate. I just say no, these are my best rates. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not against giving better rates to really good customers… but you need to be a really good customer in order to get better rates first. And by a better customer I mean easy to deal with, not rude and not difficult to deal with.

I do a damn good job and I give damn good service and I don’t like dealing with difficult customers, because it is just not worth my time or the money!

You know, I actually have some genuinely great sellers who offer me two for one and such on my next order. I dunno, maybe they like me? 😀

I like it, it makes me feel good.

I never take them up on it. I feel like I’m already getting a great bargain on 5r. Even if they give me a discount via custom offer, I give it right back to them as tip at the end of the order! So, I WIN!! 😉

Seriously though, I’ve had sellers who try to rip me off. They sell less on their gig page than the custom offer they sent me. I’ve had some that charge me more for commerical license, then when I called them on it - “Oops, I made a mistake, here is the new offer.” 😒 (Yes, this has actually happened to me a few times.)

Funny how the more a seller tries to give me a freebie, the more I refuse to take it. When someone tries to rip me off - I don’t care if it’s a penny or hundred dollars - I’m through with them. I don’t care how good they are. Afterall, the last I heard, there is like over a million sellers or maybe it’s a million gigs on 5r.

You know, I actually have some genuinely great sellers who offer me two for one and such on my next order. I dunno, maybe they like me? 😀

I never take them up on it. I feel like I’m already getting a great bargain on 5r. Even if they give me a discount via custom offer, I give it right back to them as tip at the end of the order! So, I WIN!! 😉

Seriously though, I’ve had sellers who try to rip me off. They sell less on their gig page than the custom offer they sent me. I’ve had some that charge me more for commerical license, then when I called them on it - “Oops, I made a mistake, here is the new offer.” 😒 (Yes, this has actually happened to me a few times.)

Funny how the more a seller tries to give me a freebie, the more I refuse to take it. When someone tries to rip me off - I don’t care if it’s a penny or hundred dollars - I’m through with them. I don’t care how good they are. Afterall, the last I heard, there is like over a million sellers or maybe it’s a million gigs on 5r.

@gina_riley2 I am so with you on that. I have no interest in dealing with anyone after they have tried to rip me off. I don’t care what great bargain they can offer me. It is about the principle of it.

a penny

When I make custom offers directly based on gig prices, I do the maths and the customer gets an exact price for their exact word-count. Almost exact often. Because I discovered that it´s not possible to put in cents, first I thought I used the ‘,’ symbol accidentally, like you do in Germany, then tried with the ‘.’ but neither worked, I tried both a few times and then gave up and rounded up or down, only dollars here, no pennies. Fiverr doesn´t seem to know about all those penny-proverbs! 🙀

😉

Usually when a buyer buys my order and nit-picks something before I even give them a reading usually indicates a troublesome buyer.

Someone who is already ANGRY and frustrated, I cancel
Someone who doesn’t even read my gig description and asks like 10 questions, tries to BS me for more service etc., I cancel
Someone who is very EMOTIONAL and perhaps suicidal, I cancel (they need therapy not a Psychic)

Usually when a buyer buys my order and nit-picks something before I even give them a reading usually indicates a troublesome buyer.

Someone who is already ANGRY and frustrated, I cancel

Someone who doesn’t even read my gig description and asks like 10 questions, tries to BS me for more service etc., I cancel

Someone who is very EMOTIONAL and perhaps suicidal, I cancel (they need therapy not a Psychic)

Someone who is already ANGRY and frustrated, I cancelSomeone who doesn’t even read my gig description and asks like 10 questions, tries to BS me for more service etc., I cancelSomeone who is very EMOTIONAL and perhaps suicidal, I cancel (they need therapy not a Psychic)

Isn’t that like 80%?

Someone who is already ANGRY and frustrated, I cancelSomeone who doesn’t even read my gig description and asks like 10 questions, tries to BS me for more service etc., I cancelSomeone who is very EMOTIONAL and perhaps suicidal, I cancel (they need therapy not a Psychic)

Isn’t that like 80%?

Isn’t that like 80%?

Pretty much lol.

No I mean most of my customers generally do follow my directions - they want the best reading possible so they USUALLY supply me with what I need. If they don’t, it’s on them.

@gina_riley2 I am so with you on that. I have no interest in dealing with anyone after they have tried to rip me off. I don’t care what great bargain they can offer me. It is about the principle of it.

I am so with you on that. I have no interest in dealing with anyone after they have tried to rip me off. I don’t care what great bargain they can offer me. It is about the principle of it.

Yup. It’s not the money, it’s the definitely the principle. It comes down to me not being able to trust them.

a penny

When I make custom offers directly based on gig prices, I do the maths and the customer gets an exact price for their exact word-count. Almost exact often. Because I discovered that it´s not possible to put in cents, first I thought I used the ‘,’ symbol accidentally, like you do in Germany, then tried with the ‘.’ but neither worked, I tried both a few times and then gave up and rounded up or down, only dollars here, no pennies. Fiverr doesn´t seem to know about all those penny-proverbs! 🙀

😉

Because I discovered that it´s not possible to put in cents,

What?! What do you mean no pennies! 😲

Kidding!

I didn’t mean an actual penny. Like Lynn was saying it’s more the principle than the money. I hate cheap people and I hate people who try to take advantage of me. Reason why I get fired up whenever I read about a seller getting ripped off.

Because I discovered that it´s not possible to put in cents,

What?! What do you mean no pennies! 😲

Kidding!

I didn’t mean an actual penny. Like Lynn was saying it’s more the principle than the money. I hate cheap people and I hate people who try to take advantage of me. Reason why I get fired up whenever I read about a seller getting ripped off.

Yes, I know 🙂 was just funny because I really was flabbergasted for a moment ot two when I saw I couldn´t put in the pennies, didn´t feel right to put 52$ or whatever, when my maths said it´s actually 51,64$, stupid in a way, and I wouldn´t care as a buyer if it´s 51 or 52 probably either way, but, you know, the principle, but well, had to bow to and get used to fiverr’s aversion to pennies. 😉 And of course it makes sense in a way too, round numbers are easier to handle all in all.

I think the laws agree with you on the principle and not the amount being the thing too btw.

This is an excellent post that’s extremely spot on. After being a fiverr seller for over two years now, I can say I’ve faced each of these scenarios. ALL of those clients were extremely troublesome, to say the least. Thanks for letting others in on this so they can avoid a potentially disastrous transaction.

My worst experience was a “10” (not rating wise, mind you. lol). At first, their over-the-top kindness seemed refreshing. She was talking to me like a close friend, but things quickly turned sour when she was asking me to do extra work at no extra charge. When I delivered, she left me a 1.5 star review (my first and only negative review so far). Her reasoning made NO sense, as the work provided was high quality and error-free. She admitted that she didn’t even open to read all the files. I contacted fiverr support to no avail. Even after I sent her a different version of the content I wrote and asked her to reconsider her rating, she wouldn’t budge. Then her initial kindness turned into making threatening and patronizing remarks. After about a week, I got a notification that fiverr refunded her $80… I spent hours on that order and another few hours trying to reason with a red-flag-ridden buyer.

Worst thing of all? The 1.5 star review stayed. I honestly still can’t believe that wasn’t taken down after going through all that.

Wow that sounds horrible, I havent had a problem with low ratings on purpose yet and its something I fear every single time. I know its coming, its just a matter of when and im going to feel horrible after it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an excellent post that’s extremely spot on. After being a fiverr seller for over two years now, I can say I’ve faced each of these scenarios. ALL of those clients were extremely troublesome, to say the least. Thanks for letting others in on this so they can avoid a potentially disastrous transaction.

My worst experience was a “10” (not rating wise, mind you. lol). At first, their over-the-top kindness seemed refreshing. She was talking to me like a close friend, but things quickly turned sour when she was asking me to do extra work at no extra charge. When I delivered, she left me a 1.5 star review (my first and only negative review so far). Her reasoning made NO sense, as the work provided was high quality and error-free. She admitted that she didn’t even open to read all the files. I contacted fiverr support to no avail. Even after I sent her a different version of the content I wrote and asked her to reconsider her rating, she wouldn’t budge. Then her initial kindness turned into making threatening and patronizing remarks. After about a week, I got a notification that fiverr refunded her $80… I spent hours on that order and another few hours trying to reason with a red-flag-ridden buyer.

Worst thing of all? The 1.5 star review stayed. I honestly still can’t believe that wasn’t taken down after going through all that.

Cust svc rarely supports the Seller…had a similar exp

• 2 weeks later...

how about they say we will pay you when the work is done? i did message the client how he will pay first on fiverr before we go forward on illustration project. fiverr warned me not to ask payment well im just explaining how the buyer should pay first before i draw his orders.

Archived