I think I'm slowly quitting but the slow is slowing down

Guest blooye

Glad to see that you are back in high spirits.

If you have been frequently feeling low lately, you might want to step out for a 5 minute walk in the sun every morning. Lack of Vitamin D (or Omega 3, Vit B12) causes seasonal blues which appears and feels like depression but is not really depression. It happens to many people during winter season.

You need the D. 😂

But you researched it,so it means you also needed one. Did you get any?Can I have some?

for more details click here

www.fiverr.com 488d0af1e43f8921ba2371e66586ac8544eb7fde.png

jenniferjesouza : I will design Professional Web banner ads for you for $5 on...

For only $5, jenniferjesouza will design Professional Web banner ads for you. | Hello,I am Jennifer and I am a professional graphic designer from last few years.CHECK OUT MY OTHER GIGS!!LogoFlyerPosterBusiness CardsT-shirtsPhoto Editing Are you...

This needs to be in the category “My Fiverr Gigs”.

Hey man don’t just give up. It’s not about being an old user or not everyone goes through a dark phase where they think about quitting and think is it worth it. Just give it some more time, work like your life depends on it and believe me you’ll enjoy. Don’t get discouraged. Wishing you good luck.

Hey man don’t just give up. It’s not about being an old user or not everyone goes through a dark phase where they think about quitting and think is it worth it. Just give it some more time, work like your life depends on it and believe me you’ll enjoy. Don’t get discouraged. Wishing you good luck.

Thanks man! I appreciate it .

Thanks man! I appreciate it .

So you are saying you have two accounts then because the one I see says you joined this month but I dont want to be rude.

“I did have previous account that i waited for about 10 days and had nothing despite having like 3-4 gigs ,then i opened this one and had about 6 gigs in different areas of graphic design , and still had nothing in about 10 days or so ,i think . Then i deleted them and added these gigs that are now present on my profile and i’ve put …”

I think freelancing is not the right fit for you. It’s not easy. It’s not usually fast.

So you are saying you have two accounts then because the one I see says you joined this month but I dont want to be rude.

“I did have previous account that i waited for about 10 days and had nothing despite having like 3-4 gigs ,then i opened this one and had about 6 gigs in different areas of graphic design , and still had nothing in about 10 days or so ,i think . Then i deleted them and added these gigs that are now present on my profile and i’ve put …”

I think freelancing is not the right fit for you. It’s not easy. It’s not usually fast.

Thanks misscrystal for sharing your experiences. I did mention in my post above, that very many of us went though “humble beginnings of initial zero-sales” on Fiverr. However, I really don’t understand why you believe that freelancing is not the right fit for OP. Except, of course, you’re seeing through the ball what we mortals aren’t seeing (lol). I personally believe that since everyone has capacity to take on full-time job, everyone equally has capacity to freelance. OP registered and created gigs on Fiverr - like every fit freelance-r did. That he’s not getting sales initially, is another matter. Many “right-fit freelance-rs” also went through same experience, which is a passing phase.

Is freelancing fit for him? I believe yes. Can he still succeed on here? Very much yes. All he needs do is aggregate all the tips he’s had here and work with them. If I’m misunderstanding that portion of your statement (which you made twice on this thread) you should perhaps throw more light so you can be better understood. Thank you.

Thanks misscrystal for sharing your experiences. I did mention in my post above, that very many of us went though “humble beginnings of initial zero-sales” on Fiverr. However, I really don’t understand why you believe that freelancing is not the right fit for OP. Except, of course, you’re seeing through the ball what we mortals aren’t seeing (lol). I personally believe that since everyone has capacity to take on full-time job, everyone equally has capacity to freelance. OP registered and created gigs on Fiverr - like every fit freelance-r did. That he’s not getting sales initially, is another matter. Many “right-fit freelance-rs” also went through same experience, which is a passing phase.

Is freelancing fit for him? I believe yes. Can he still succeed on here? Very much yes. All he needs do is aggregate all the tips he’s had here and work with them. If I’m misunderstanding that portion of your statement (which you made twice on this thread) you should perhaps throw more light so you can be better understood. Thank you.

Guys don’t take this the wrong way. She just shared her experience. You can of-course prove her wrong. 🙂

Guys don’t take this the wrong way. She just shared her experience. You can of-course prove her wrong. 🙂

Nothing against misscrystal. I’m only pointing out that what OP needed now is tips and directions to get him on the right track. However, portions of misscrystal’s statements apparently aren’t very encouraging. That’s all I’m observing. Thank you.

The only thing I can say is it’s hard. I get it. I just need to use as many platforms as possible and this is as good a platform as any. I deactivated my Gigs the last time I tried-- some years ago-- and I don’t have that luxury now. I will keep them up and run some ads other places. i just keep improving my Gigs. There’s nothing else I can do.

, everyone equally has capacity to freelance.

Not everyone has the capacity to freelance.

I won’t bother to go into all the reasons. Nor do I want to argue about it.

You are welcome to your own opinion just as I am.

Nothing against misscrystal. I’m only pointing out that what OP needed now is tips and directions to get him on the right track. However, portions of misscrystal’s statements apparently aren’t very encouraging. That’s all I’m observing. Thank you.

However, portions of misscrystal’s statements apparently aren’t very encouraging.

No they weren’t meant to be encouraging. Just ignore them if you don’t like them.

I said it in this case because giving up is not something that bodes will for a freelancer.

Persistence is a given. It’s required.

This is a very odd post. 4 days and giving up? In a feast-or-famine industry, that’s… a very good sign that you’re not a good fit. If you want constant work and a steady paycheck, then a Joe Average job will suit you better.

Now, I could give you the tips that are on the merry-go-round of tips here, and I suppose I will, as it’s Xmas. Market yourself. There, sorted. Oh, you might have unimaginatively spammed social media, harassed your friends and family and all that–but that’s not marketing. That’s just generic tipping 101. You’re getting nowhere because of generic tips 101 that everyone is doing.

Target businesses and market to them like a professional. The end. Do bear in mind you’ll make a lot more money off Fiverr, so shrug. Look into Fiverr Anywhere, get a nice website up and hit the streets.

Or… whine on the forum and read a bunch of lazy tips from people who want to be TRS so gurgle up something they read on a blog somewhere. Hell, that’s all I’m doing too. If you want to freelance, you have to forego the luxury of whining and do what every successful businessman has gone through since the first business opened: finding your market and targeting it.

The end. Was that encouraging? I don’t care, there’s millions of other people in this boat and the only successful ones are those who are fighting discouragement–and not because of platitudes and basic tips, but because they’re driven. 4 days in and you want to quit? Fine, quit. Go find another job to tide you over until Fiverr’s magic marketing system works for you. Which it might never. But let’s say it does. You don’t have to worry about income and you can grow your freelancing career organically.

No crystal balls, no rocket science. Just work. Ho ho ho.

This is a very odd post. 4 days and giving up? In a feast-or-famine industry, that’s… a very good sign that you’re not a good fit. If you want constant work and a steady paycheck, then a Joe Average job will suit you better.

Now, I could give you the tips that are on the merry-go-round of tips here, and I suppose I will, as it’s Xmas. Market yourself. There, sorted. Oh, you might have unimaginatively spammed social media, harassed your friends and family and all that–but that’s not marketing. That’s just generic tipping 101. You’re getting nowhere because of generic tips 101 that everyone is doing.

Target businesses and market to them like a professional. The end. Do bear in mind you’ll make a lot more money off Fiverr, so shrug. Look into Fiverr Anywhere, get a nice website up and hit the streets.

Or… whine on the forum and read a bunch of lazy tips from people who want to be TRS so gurgle up something they read on a blog somewhere. Hell, that’s all I’m doing too. If you want to freelance, you have to forego the luxury of whining and do what every successful businessman has gone through since the first business opened: finding your market and targeting it.

The end. Was that encouraging? I don’t care, there’s millions of other people in this boat and the only successful ones are those who are fighting discouragement–and not because of platitudes and basic tips, but because they’re driven. 4 days in and you want to quit? Fine, quit. Go find another job to tide you over until Fiverr’s magic marketing system works for you. Which it might never. But let’s say it does. You don’t have to worry about income and you can grow your freelancing career organically.

No crystal balls, no rocket science. Just work. Ho ho ho.

what she said ^^^^^^^^^^^^

, everyone equally has capacity to freelance.

Not everyone has the capacity to freelance.

I won’t bother to go into all the reasons. Nor do I want to argue about it.

You are welcome to your own opinion just as I am.

Most do have the capacity to freelance, but running a business that sells services on fiverr is allot more complicated than other more common forms of freelancing such as working 2 or more part time jobs for different employees.

Hi! It took me a few months to get my first sale, but after my first sale I’ve been making a decent amount of sales, I have made a total of $26.40 this month! I registered 2 months ago and this month was the first I ever had a sale! So keep trying my friend give it some time and you should be making some sales. ☺️

I checked your profile. You joined Forum 4 days ago and you joined Fiver 17 - 18 days ago and you have decided to quit already?
Well, it took me a month to get my first sale, then few more days ( I guess 15 ) to get the second customer.

My transition is slow but I am happy with it. 1 $100 customer is better than 5 $5 customers.

My advice: Don’t just quit yet. Hang tight. Send offers to buyers’ requests, add more Gigs.

My Tip: If you can design a logo, then logo designing gig will be great!

I hope it helps.

First of all, this thread should be moved to “Ranting Pot”.

I’m going to try and keep this short.

Op is in a dilemma, where he already stated he is ready to give up. He asked for opinions and advices and so far I have seen he has also dumped most of them. So what are you REALLY wanting to know from us here then?

@blooye
Judging from your comments it seems you maybe young of age, as your comments are clearly displaying an adolescent behavior.
They say patience is a virtue for a reason.

Now I’m not giving you a lecture on growing up or putting the “Big Boy” pants on, but merely remind you that it isn’t always easy to begin a good process that leads you to the light of success.

In freelancing planet, you have to grind daily, as this is self-employment while being a Business at the same time.

Ms. Crystal @misscrystal was NOT being discouraging, she seems to be a REALIST like myself, and is just so many words said, if you wish to NOT put in the effort, no use crying of over spilled milk.

Now I know you will counteract this by saying “BUT I DID THIS AND I DID THAT…etc”, effort can be applied for many things, “Patience” can easily be one of them.

All I will say in conclusion is, if you want/ask people’s advice, be “Receptive” to them first, instead of being critical of them.

Otherwise, don’t go asking total strangers how your Fiverr life is going down the drain.

Peace. ✌️

2cents.jpg.3a179a529320519c5a1195233f408b36.jpg

Saying someone is not suited to freelancing is not a negative or a put down. Different things suit different people. Telling someone to “never give up” is lazy, positive thinking rubbish. If you want to help someone - truly help someone - it is better that they are told that some things don’t suit everybody. What if the OP doesn’t get any sales for a year? Should he still never give up? Will he then think there is something wrong with him for not getting any sales? I have given up on a professional soccer career despite many telling me to never give up (when I was in my teens). Should I keep going? I am 35, unfit and smoke but my ex coaches advice would mean persevering. Total nonsense!

I wrote a post a while back about this very issue:

Hi Sellers, This is going to sound harsh but I am going to say it anyway. There are so many people here posting requests for help and so many incompetent sellers that I feel compelled to say something. There is a possibility that you will never make money through working on Fiverr. In the same way that I am never going to make money as a male model, you may never make money as a seller here. I do not have what is required to make money as a male model and so, even if the idea attracted me,…

Saying someone is not suited to freelancing is not a negative or a put down. Different things suit different people. Telling someone to “never give up” is lazy, positive thinking rubbish. If you want to help someone - truly help someone - it is better that they are told that some things don’t suit everybody. What if the OP doesn’t get any sales for a year? Should he still never give up? Will he then think there is something wrong with him for not getting any sales? I have given up on a professional soccer career despite many telling me to never give up (when I was in my teens). Should I keep going? I am 35, unfit and smoke but my ex coaches advice would mean persevering. Total nonsense!

Hi Sellers, This is going to sound harsh but I am going to say it anyway. There are so many people here posting requests for help and so many incompetent sellers that I feel compelled to say something. There is a possibility that you will never make money through working on Fiverr. In the same way that I am never going to make money as a male model, you may never make money as a seller here. I do not have what is required to make money as a male model and so, even if the idea attracted me,…

Telling someone to “never give up” is lazy, positive thinking rubbish

Preach it, sistah!

[20 characters]

@misscrystal, I understand you much better now. Yours Is another way of saying the same things (in a realist’s tone) that many others have said here. Kindly note that we’re merely exchanging ideas and no hard feelings.
OP should also see it that way too and make meaning out of the contributions posted. Freely we have received and freely we should give. Peace to all.

It took a month until I got my first sale.
It probably took someone else two.
It probably took some other guy a week.

There is no exact art to freelancing. You don’t just upload your gig and get x amount of orders within x amount of time. Freelancing is HARD, especially in a market like this. The only way to really get good sales is to look at more original ways to sell your service.

For example, I love to write. I love writing fantasy and romance especially. So I didn’t just upload a, “I will ghostwrite for you” gig, I uploaded a gig saying “I will ghostwrite your FANTASY ebook, novel”. Two months and four sales – $100 USD – later, I’m pretty happy. I’m in the middle of conversations with people now about their new projects they’re about to order.

I did a cheaper price of $10 per 1,000 words and have risen my rates now since:
a) I have reviews (social proof) now. (The reviews you get need to be more descriptive than “Outstanding Experience” to have much merit).
b) I’m comfortable enough with the Fiverr platform to know how things work
c) because $10 per 1,000 words is barely a livable wage and is far cheaper than what any reasonable ghostwriter would ever charge. While my rates are still cheap in that respect, they better reflect what I want to get after my hard work is done.

Fiverr is more-so a platform for freelancers just starting out, and it takes a bit of time before you get anything out of it. If you have services you can provide quickly (5-30 minutes) for a great price, then you can hit gold easily. If you’re an experienced seller with great sales elsewhere, Fiverr isn’t really for you.

EDIT:. If you’re not willing to be patient, you’re not going to succeed. You’re not going to get sales within seconds of signing up. You need to have patience and you need to look at what is what working. If you’re not getting sales, it’s probably because you’re not being patient enough. Leave the gigs up for a month. If there’s no responsiveness, change the tags, edit your description and change your title. It’s easy to succeed.

The fact that you’re having trouble has more to do with your lack of persistence and patience which can be seen clearly through your question and responses. Persistence and patience. They are key. You will get there. You just need to TRY. People aren’t going to hire you out of the goodness of their heart, they’re only going to hire you if they can tell you WANT to help them and WANT their sale.

I hope this helped somewhat. Good luck!

Saying someone is not suited to freelancing is not a negative or a put down. Different things suit different people.

There are a lot of people who should not be freelancing.

• 2 years later...
Guest ngtechandapps

You joined 4 days ago with one gig so you are now quitting. Freelancing is not for everyone but the decision to quit is your own to make.

omg lol I literally burst into laughter when I saw this 😂

Archived