Fiver's Humor

rtistic

I’d love to agree with you, adding a little personality and attitude to a site can make it seem more fun. But let me gently suggest that not all will share your opinion.

I happen to live in an American community where dietary restrictions are part of a lifestyle, including that drinking alcohol and even coffee are frowned upon. I don’t share that view, but most in my area do. So imagine how they would feel if they saw what I saw logging in to Fiverr a few days ago. In the morning the general “welcome message” was something like, “Good Morning, had your coffee yet?”, and in the evening said, "Time for a cold beer?"

What is designed to appeal to many can still offend a few, and companies should weigh those considerations.

I think its a nice touch, shows a sense of humor, glad there not like alot of corporate companies, gone totally overboard on been politically correct.

I actually don’t drink coffee or beer but I’m not complaining, more a cup of tea and pint of cider gal!

The feature is fine but it is never accurate with me. For instance, at 6:30 this morning it said "Wow Fitzythird, you are a real night owl…"

At 11:30 last night it asked "Shouldn’t you be eating dinner right now?"

I cannot find any way to adjust my clock settings within Fiverr so guess I’m stuck with an inaccurate personality module…

Guest tannerlittle54

I too think that Fiverr should change the messages, as they get old when you see the same messages everyday. Maybe even random quotes everytime you reload the page. That would keep things updated.

Guest tannerlittle54

I too think that Fiverr should change the messages, as they get old when you see the same messages everyday. Maybe even random quotes everytime you reload the page. That would keep things updated.

Guest tannerlittle54

Guest tannerlittle54

Guest tannerlittle54

I don’t mind them, I understand they are trying to be witty, but, I personally don’t like my order page saying, “Sheet I have to do…” I know they mean s*it and that sort of seems unprofessional I guess. Also, when you need the client to send you info before you can start, it sends them a note in a tone I would never use: “Yo, …” I wouldn’t talk like that, and, maybe because I have 30 years on the kids who run Fiverr, it comes back to sounding too lax and unprofessional to me.

-

Yeah, I guess I am old fashioned, but, I know they don’t mean any harm in their attempt at being cool, witty or whatever it is they are trying to convey.

Juli

I don’t mind them, I understand they are trying to be witty, but, I personally don’t like my order page saying, “Sheet I have to do…” I know they mean s*it and that sort of seems unprofessional I guess. Also, when you need the client to send you info before you can start, it sends them a note in a tone I would never use: “Yo, …” I wouldn’t talk like that, and, maybe because I have 30 years on the kids who run Fiverr, it comes back to sounding too lax and unprofessional to me.

-

Yeah, I guess I am old fashioned, but, I know they don’t mean any harm in their attempt at being cool, witty or whatever it is they are trying to convey.

Juli

-

Juli

-

Juli

-

Juli

Archived