Making friends with buyers and sellers on fiverr

misscrystal

It’s sad, miiila, and yet it happens routinely. People who live in or near NYC, for example - they can run into this easily.

I was thinking about this and how crazy it is. We all have real lives. I spent mine yesterday with the person I hold dearest while she had a painful biopsy. That’s real world. If you get serious about Fiverr, you are supposed to treat it like your own business, so like Ryan you might bring real life friends into it. It’s hard to treat it like a business under these conditions. It’s like opening a restaurant and being told by the landlord that if anyone you know comes to dinner, you can’t speak to them. Don’t ask them how they liked dinner either, that’s soliciting reviews!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!??
I have a friend/coworker I’ve known for 10 YEARS and he knows about Fiverr,
and since he has a darn good voice and can also speak 2 languages, he said he is
thinking of creating a Fiverr account and offer voice over and translation gigs.

I see him almost everyday BTW, what the heck, we work at the same office!!

So does this mean I can’t talk to him anymore, if he joins Fiverr???

Hm, in this light their bit about ‘bring in your friends’, I think it speaks about some ‘reward’ for that too, looks really different…
Don´t think I´ll tell any relatives or friends about fiverr under these conditions, and I´m sure many of us know some really talented people, so fiverr might lose out with that rather than winning whatever they think they win by these ‘regulations’.
I´m quite sure that Mario with his below comment is right though, only if fiverr bans you for whatever they want to ban you, there´s nothing much you can do about it. I´ve a headache and don´t feel like it right now, but I´m pretty sure they´ll have some ‘householder’s rights’ built in, à la ‘if you don´t like it, too bad, have fun elsewhere’.

I have, but it´s been non-flagworthy reaons to me, doesn´t mean the flagging-software didn´t find anything flag-worthy in there I suppose…I´m still wondering about that one message, where, retrospectively I really only could suspect ‘I swear to God’ as the relevant term… lol
I´d really appreciate if they at least told us what the offending term was, once they cleared the message. But yeah, guess that won´t happen 😉

But, honestly, if someone sets up a system that flags messages for every-day terms you´d especially conversing with other sellers regularly use, like ‘money’ or ‘pay’…can´t expect much there, though a list with ‘termini non grata’ would be helpful for their staff as well, as it would give the relevant team less to do, hm guess restricting private chatting would be even more effective for them though.

(that should have been an edit, sorry, still sick and unattentive -_-)

• 1 year later...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!??

I have a friend/coworker I’ve known for 10 YEARS and he knows about Fiverr,

and since he has a darn good voice and can also speak 2 languages, he said he is

thinking of creating a Fiverr account and offer voice over and translation gigs.

I see him almost everyday BTW, what the heck, we work at the same office!!

So does this mean I can’t talk to him anymore, if he joins Fiverr???

very funny 😂

Archived