Feedback Counts - Good or Bad

graphixgoddess

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful message you’re conveying here! At first I only had literally 20% of buyers rate me and it was so frustrating because I felt like no one knew how much experience I actually have. When I message buyers back I always tell them to be sure to leave me positive feedback. It has really helped since!

Wonderful message you’re conveying here! At first I only had literally 20% of buyers rate me and it was so frustrating because I felt like no one knew how much experience I actually have. When I message buyers back I always tell them to be sure to leave me positive feedback. It has really helped since!

• 7 months later...

one other thing, when I purchase fiverr gigs I always search through the reviews to see if what the seller sold is being mentioned. This helps me to determine whether to purchase the gig. One word reviews really don’t help at all. The more detailed the review the more helpful it is to potential buyers. Whether it’s good or bad.

Before I buy a gig on Fiverr, I read the feedback from other buyers. Sometimes you have to read between the lines, because most of us don’t want to leave negative feedback. If you see that quite a few people are saying something like, “…seller was nice to do all the revisions.” Or, took longer than I expected but was happy with the work. etc

If several people say the same thing about revisions or whatever that might be a tipoff to a few little problems.

• 1 month later...

What is your advice about a buyer intentionally not leaving good or negative feedback – on purpose?

I’m fairly new to Fiverr and today I purchased a collection of 500 posts for my blog. I wanted to enhance what I already had, because it’s become a little stale. When the PDF file arrived, I was dismayed to find out I had purchased quite a bit of my own content. I’m not entirely surprised because people have content-scraped my blog for years, and the seller couldn’t know this in advance of course, but in the PDF file there was no credit for any of the posts, my blog name and author credit had been removed, and was replaced by a global url for someone who had scraped 500 posts on the topic and made a PDF file.

So while I don’t blame the seller for not knowing this PDF file did not contain licensed-to-resell posts, at the same time, I don’t want to rank this a positive experience (yet).

I wrote to the seller immediately and let her know, and expressly stated that I didn’t blame her, but it was obviously disappointing to “buy back” so much of my own content.

She wrote one line in response “sorry but the place i bought it from said i could resell it” and nothing else.

I didn’t ask for my $5 back (it seemed petty when I initially told her) but her response could have included the offer. It didn’t.

For that reason I am disinclined to rate this as a positive transaction but yet, it wasn’t her fault that she sold stolen content. On the other hand she cared little that I have a problem.

Should I leave positive feedback because she did what I asked her to do – send me a PDF file on a timely basis?

Should I ignore the feedback and let it just “stay as it is” with no feedback?

As for the $5.00 – eh. It’s not an issue, out of the 500 posts approximately 75 were my own content, so it wasn’t the majority.

Your thoughts?

Guest londonrunner

I have paid two sellers here and one, Ashley17, was a compete rip off. I am glad it was only 5 because the first person, who did deliver, was paid 40.

Overall I think this place is full of scams with almost no protection for the buyers. I won’t be doing business here again.

Archived