Buyer activates gig but gives me no information to work with. What shoud I do?

laserlife

Hi guys! Just wanted to see if any of you had to deal with a similar situation before. I need to write a piece for a buyer. After I nudged him, he replied with a comment that said something like “sorry, something came up, I ll give you the info in a few hours”. I said that I’d be waiting but 3 days went by and he still didnt give me anything to work with. I contacted him again yesterday, politely asking him to please cancel the order and come back when he had all the info if he had trouble sourcing the material, or else fiverr would penalize me for late delivery. He said that he will give me the info tomorrow. What should I do if I don’t hear from them? I am afraid that if I ask for a cancellation it will just let it clear on its own, having a negative effect on me 😦

Yes, this happens from time to time. Yesterday one stupid buyer did it to me.

buyer said:

Hi,

I will send you the details for this order in a while, I placed it in rush without submitting the details with it so I reserve my spot after the current people in queue!

Thanks!

Now I have to mutually cancel this order because time is running out and the buyer never returned.

Seriously, Fiverr needs to protect sellers from buyers like that, cause now I have to cancel this order, which will affect my levels in the long run.

aha It’s a pretty similar situation. It would be so easy for fiverr to automate this sort of things, maybe through a form where sellers can explain why they need to cancel the order (the form and order could eventually be reviewed if any of the parties files a complaint or something), could be really smooth…

Archived