Response rate

trafficspurt

Hi people!

I have a problem or a question, depends on how you look at it.

My response rate shows it has gone below 90% (currently stuck at 89%). From what I understand the response rate is the percentage of first responses to new messages that a seller sends within 24 hours. So if I always respond within 24 hours to new messages I should be good.

Well here’s the problem. My average response time is 2 hours, I even had it down to 1 hour before. That’s virtually nothing seeing how most of my client come from the US and I’m in EU.

I have an app and I always respond as soon as possible. I don’t think there ever was a case it took me 24 hours to respond to a message.

Can someone explain why my response rate is going down? What’s you response rate? Is 89% considered bad?

Thanks for the answers and you help. I truly appreciate it.

Matija

Mariokluser is right. Its just a bug, few days ago I was having a chat with CS regarding one of my orders, and I also discussed this response rate issue with them, they said your response rate is 100% but it was showing 94% at my end, so they refreshed it from their end and now its showing correct 100%.

Btw Its just a number and has nothing to do with your profile or gig placements.

I am not too happy with the response rate feature, and I recently decided I would stop worrying about them. I buy on fiverr and a lot of times after a transaction has been completed with the person I bought from, the person sends me a message with text like ‘ok’, ‘thanks’, or with a smiley face or thumbs up.
I don’t see the point in replying such, because they signal the end of the conversation.
I noticed that many sellers always want to be the last in the conversation. Now I understand why.
Recently, I realized my response rate suffered greatly and I began to try to do the same. I started replying all my old concluded messages with ‘ok’, 🙂 or some other emoticon. Alas, the sellers began to do the same. Lol. No one wants their response rate to drop and they would rather spam each other with ‘ok’ ‘ok friend’ ’ good thank you’ etc, than just end the conversation because fiverr could penalize you for not being the last person in the conversation.
Fiverr, this is a cry for help. Please get rid of this feature. You are making spammers out of us. Lol.

Response rate, when it is working properly, only affects new messages from new clients. eg. when you have previously been in contact with a buyer and they contact you 2 weeks later it is not counted. Therefore the last message “ping-pong” does not make any difference. Those sellers who do try to have the last word are wasting their time.

Ok, thanks. It did seem to affect my response rate though. I kept playing the ‘ok thanks’ game with one of my sellers until I realized my rates were going even lower (and I had no new messages from new clients) and I decided at that point to just give up. I mentioned this to the seller who I had been messaging and she said she was replying me for the same reason. Lol.
Right now my rates are really in the red… and I will just wait this one out till the rates are reset. I don’t realy get the response rate thing and it kind of discourages me from contacting sellers about gigs I want to buy because it feels as though my response rates will suffer in the end.

Response Rate is stuck?

Well, here’s a solution:

Go to your inbox and check for any unread message or even a message from a buyer to which you haven’t replied in the past 30 days. If you didn’t reply to a buyer in case you have seen the message and thought that it would mark as read but eventually it won’t go in statistics.

Do reply to all the messages of the buyer in the past 30 days. It will solve your problem.

Response Rate and Response Time are two different things.

Response Rate is measured in percentage and Response Time in Hours. If you respond after 24 hrs, it will impact your Response Time first and decrease it or we can say it will impact negatively.

Read More Here

https://www.fiverr.com/academy/delivery-deadlines/response-time-rate-faq?utm_source=nt_ct&utm_term=n807

Archived