Fraudulent Buyers

logik3n

A few months ago I had a buyer who ordered a banner and upon several revisions and perfecting the desired banner suddenly he demanded cancellation and when i did some research, the person was infact using the banner on his site. but i agreed to cancel the order because it was merely $5 and was quite sure he would make terrible feedbacks even though i had supporting evidence.
Now again i have such case, same scenario and the person is using the banner as you can see on image shown on attachment, again its merely $5 but its not about money, its about principles. are such frauds getting more common? i have requested fiverr support team to look on this case and they are right now.
what do you guys think i should do? should i just give up on this as terrible reviews are imminent on declining or stick up for it? i have had only these 2 order cancellation requests and i fear many others have same issue

What reason did he give for wanting to cancel?

He is obviously trying to get it for free.

I would take screenshots of any conversation you had with him about the reason he wants to cancel, and also sent the screenshot of the banner and the conversation to customer support.
Notify them of the situation and ask if they will remove any negative feedback he gives you if you refuse to cancel.

Also just ask him if he plans to leave negative feedback if you don’t agree to cancel.

The fact that he is using the banner and you have a screenshot of that should be enough to convince him not to cancel and not to leave negative feedback since you can notify customer support about it. You should tell him this.

Besides taking action via Customer Support you can also file a copyright claim on Youtube regarding the banner and logo, since you own the rights to the material. You can use your conversations from Fiverr to have a strong basis for your claim. It’s very likely that his channel is toast after this.

<<are such frauds getting more common?>>
I´d say they are sure to get more common, if people just suck it up. When you´re well in your right, and you know you are, if they use your work, which they didn´t want to pay you for, go to CS with it like you did this time, sure. Everytime it will (hopefully won´t, of course!) re-occur. I can´t imagine CS will let you down with the reviews, if you have proof of your case.
Fiverr might not be a perfect system (what is really), and certainly they care for their buyers, just as, or some will say more than, for their sellers, but I don´t think they care that much for clearly fraudulent buyers (or sellers).
It sucks of course, if it happens often and you´ll have to spend time, collect the evidence, contact CS and all, but the more people slip through with that behaviour, the more will try it, and they won´t do it just with one seller either possibly. Don´t give up, it´s your money and your time that´s gone else, and not for a good cause.
And good luck for it not happening again too soon.

If you have delivered your work and he liked it, and you have proof that he is using it, then be confident and take screenshots of your work, conversation and the place where he is using. And instead of cancelling the order, contact CS. They will resolve this issues.
Its not just about $5, more important thing is to stop them to do it again with someone else. So take some time and contact CS, believe me they will help you in this regard!

Archived