Frustrated With New V2 Search Engine

s_sayan

Yes, frustrated with this mess. V2 has cool graphics and better analytics than V1. That’s good. But boy! the search engine is a mess (and I mean it).

I’ve been using V2 for around 5 days now. Inmediately I did a search to see if my gigs were indexed. Boom! yes they are indexed but in a place that no one is ever going to find them.

So I told to my self: perhaps they rotate the gigs like in V1, so everybody has a chance to get orders.

Five days have passed and when I search for keywords related to my gigs, I can always see the same gigs! WTF? How on earth are sellers supposed to get orders if the gigs in ‘‘auto’’ mode don’t rotate at all? That makes no sense at all !

For me this is the biggest problem in V2. Yeah, Fiverr can mess with the design, but should never mess with this.

Right now I am still getting orders because most buyers still use V1 (I suppose), but if this doesn’t get fixed, as soon as V2 goes 100% public, I will get no orders from Fiverr search engine at all! And I’m sure that many good sellers will suffer the consequences too.

This is not fair! I am a level 2 seller with 100% rating, no negative votes, only 3% cancellation rate with 1,800 orders completed, and been on Fiverr for over a year now.

This is a huge problem!!

What you guys think about this?

Guest matt_garry

Update you’re gig, add different video, contact CS and ask them to move you’re gig up manually, make a new gig, change you’re keywords, change you’re gig’s category

it is not that hard to get on main pages you just have to know the tricks

Guest matt_garry

V2 does rotate

I am on main page of Audio

main page of sound effects

main page of songwriting

and have been for a long time I get moved down the list like everyone else. When I get low enough I do some if not all of what I mentioned above

Reply to @matt_garry: You do realize I am talking about the new V2 search engine, right?

Lol, I know all those ‘‘tricks’’. I mean, how do you think I’ve got all these orders (still getting orders constantly btw) without that knowledge? I’ve been on Fiverr for over a year and never went through a single day without orders for the last 10 months or so.

There was a time when I was averaging 40 orders a day! These days I average 10, with some good days (last Friday got 21 orders), etc.

So, of course I know all those ‘‘tricks’’. But that’s not the point here.

Thanks for the suggestions though. 😉

However, this thread is about the new search engine in V2. Right now it doesn’t affect me at all. In fact this weekend was great for me (luckily I got many orders 🙂 )

But I’m talking about the near future. When V2 becomes the standard. I am talking about how the new search engine works. How the new search engine will affect us all.

Perhaps for you is rotating, but in my category is not rotating at all. I’ve been monitoring the rotation since the day I got access to V2, and always the same gigs show up.

Keep in mind that my category is far more crowded than yours. Perhaps the new search has a bug with crowded categories, stopping the rotation of the gigs. I don’t know. BTW, I already reported this. 😃

Anyone?

Guest matt_garry

when I said main pages I was referring also to keyword search pages witch also seems to follow the same rules, update and you should appear in a different place on most searches… but maybe that just worked for me I am actually higher on the page on v2 then v1 for most of my keywords after a few updates.

you are definitely in a more crowded niche though

@matt_garry: Yes, I am talking about keyword search pages too. For example when I search for the word ‘‘backlinks’’ in V2, I can always see the same gigs ( and I mean always). Even with less competitive keywords like ‘‘PR9’’.

In V1 when I search for the same words, I always see different gigs. That’s how it should be in V2 too.

BTW, out of curiosity I updated my least ordered gig yesterday (just to see if that helped), but of course, that didn’t help at all. Always the same gigs show up, and I guess I am not the only one updating my gig. So, if there are more sellers updating their gigs, the gigs should be constantly rotating when in ‘‘auto’’ mode.

I guess you are one of the lucky ones in V2.

As I predicted in this early thread, sales are dropping for the mayority of the sellers now that V2 was officially launched. And it’s all because of this search engine issue. 😦

Come on Fiverr!! You shouldn’t have launched V2 with this big issue still present. That’s why I created this early thread, so maybe you would do something about this before V2 was launched.

I am a little bit frustrated as well. I’ve noticed that in V2 the gigs cant anymore be sorted by rating. So I guess fiverr is showing them in auto mode. Thats bad, as I am on position 20-25 something like this , but in V1 if you sort the gigs by rating I am in the first 5. Definatelly there is something wrong.

Guest matt_garry

you can search by rating it is not easy to do though you have the option after you search a keyword

Many are complaining about the drop in sales,so i think that the fiverr team just doesn t care. I just registered some days ago,no sales yet,and if it continues like this,i will never get sales. Some top sellers will just end up monopolizing this website.For example,i have a gig where i make custom qr codes,you know,colorful,with a logo and stuff,and some people who ask $10 more for that,have more sales 😦

Come on Fiver!! From dozens of orders a day to a big ZERO today!! Yes, zero orders for me today!! Please fix this issue!! What’s wrong with you? We’ve been loyal to you. Trusted old sellers now forgotten like a piece of garbage.

I am very disappointed. 😦

matt_garry said: you CAN search by rating it is not easy to do though you have the option after you search a keyword

.. and I am among the forum members who also said this. And I believed it because I tried on my own and saw the results. But in the last few days another aspect of the "search" issue has been raised.

Some sellers on this forum claim that even though now on V2 you CAN search on keywords and get a page of results which you CAN sort by rating, they claim that it does not ACCURATELY sort by rating. They say that even if you do the search and sort correctly, that it is still flawed because SOME lower rated gigs are still listed/ranked above some higher rated gig, and that some gigs still don't show up at all - despite trying to search for them by keyword, gig title or listing description.

No, I'm not personally saying this is true or false, but only saying that some very experienced sellers and forum members say they have tried to follow the new plan and are still left out of searches and sorts.

Archived