Beware of fake buyers!

shubh2012

I recently came forward a buyer who wanted me to research something under my whiteboard animation gig which was nowhere related to my gig. I instantly asked for cancellation but the buyer instead kept on giving some instructions again. I asked him very politely that we don’t cover this service and kindly cancel the order. He replied with new instructions as “it is an easy job for $5 even you can do it and we will make it even easier, I will rate you 5-Star”. I, again, refused his offer.
The order canceled after 48 hours, he got his money back but I got a blot on my completion rate as I am a new seller and Fiverr said my gig will appear down in the search area.

I have a couple of questions here
i) My analytics haven’t updated yet, does it take a long time after cancellation?
ii) Can the buyer review this offer ? The buyer didn’t agree to cancel the order, it was canceled automatically.

Hi Shubh,

Always try to go for mutual cancellation, rather then cancelling it from your end. If buyer is not accepting the cancellation then cancel the request third day and send it again, may be he was busy not to accept it.

Cancelling the order from your end will effect cancellation rate whereas mutual cancellation will not. So this cancellation will effect your rate and gig rankings a bit.

And for your second question, buyer cannot post any review now as the order is already cancelled.

Thanks!

If something like that happens again, after politely explaining to the buyer that he has mistakenly ordered something that you don’t provide and requesting a cancellation, contact Customer Support with screenshots of the conversation, and ask for their help. That way, if the buyer remains unreasonable, Customer Support will know what’s going on and can help you.

I asked him to cancel the order but he didn’t. A day before the delivery time I canceled from my side after which he gave his first instructions and started posting other instructions after every 12 hours ignoring the fact that I have already asked for a cancellation.

Archived