Remember Last December? Plan Ahead NOW!

eoinfinnegan

Haha, no worries, I named a char Somhairle, if I remember how to spell that, I won´t mess up Eoin either. Eoin is especially positively standing out to me for it´s vowel/consonant-ratio already. I´ll ponder the exclamation mark, though that option might be best left to my equally unfinished urban fantasy, exclamation marks behind names seem somehow not totally befitting a high fantasy character.

Oh actually, I completely forgot about that, but I read the Artemis Fowl books, the author’s name is Eoin. I´m better with remembering character names than authors’ usually.

• Like 54

That´s happening to me too all the time lately. One from fonthaunt accidentally as well, I know that as I can see she left the last comment on a short thread, of mine, and can´t see it, which is pretty inconvenient.

I responded btw to another of your comments, in case you don´t see it, E - O - I - N - !

• Like 49

You’ll happen to need a proofreader for ‘Natutal Psychopaths’ once it´s done and before it´s going to be published? I might be interested, sounds like an exciting piece of text 😉
(also, Mods and Admins, this is no plug, it´s a joke, the proofreader part, not the sounding exciting part, mind you)

• Like 49

I like the positivism on this thread. When times are slack for a writer then this is a great opportunity to write for yourself rather than someone else. I plan to write a novel and a non-fiction book if things go quiet.

Training, reading and generally getting your business ready for next year are other great ways to head into the December period.

• Like 46
  • Up 2

Really awesome stuff, I really appreciate this reminder and share.

I think I’ll plan to learn a new skill, I’ve just bought a new keyboard piano so I think I’ll learn to play that. I’ll pick up some e-books also to listen to in my spare time.

Again, thanks for the excellent share.

• Like 47

I’m already dealing with the recession in sales, but that may be a result of other factors as well. You’re absolutely right; we, as Fiverrs, need to keep ourselves occupied. As a result of my drop in sales, I started a new blog that revolves around my experiences as a freelancer. Hopefully, it’ll keep me quite busy.

• Like 43

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I was wrong. Christmas break for the school is about to be upon me, and I am busy… busy,busy, busy. And, while it’s good, I have to say JUST WOW! I never thought I’d be this busy in Christmas. I suspected it would be different with what all the changes, but word of mouth and being on the first page for several days now, I was wrong.

Good for me I guess. 😃

• Like 41

Not everyone wants to be a busy bee. Some people do enjoy video games, TV, etc.

Besides, those online courses are incredibly tedious. Do you really enjoy watching some person speak on camera for 10-30 minutes per segment? I did a course about writing children’s books, it was so boring I gave up after 5 videos, and I’m glad I gave up since I’m not the kind of person that should be writing children’s books.

As for volunteering, why would anyone want to work for free? That’s ridiculous. You ever done it? I did it at a soup kitchen, sure, it was nice feeding a bunch of homeless person, but it wasn’t nice smelling like a kitchen later on. Plus, some of those homeless people looked healthy, where attractive, so why the heck are they homeless?

Either way, I’m not criticizing you, I’m just letting you know that not everyone in the world is like you. If others want to follow your example, they can. Personally, I’ve been there, done that, and I ain’t going back.

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely, leisure time, vegging out, catching up on Netflix series and gaming or whatever are all worth doing and things that I regularly spend time on. I have never needed encouragement to do them though and find that too much does have a negative effect on me. This post was not to suggest people don’t take a break but rather to suggest options and ideas that they could try IF they find themselves bored.
Online courses are often poor but sometimes can be useful enough to make the tedious videos worthwhile. It’s a case of whether the end result will be worth it or not, otherwise time could be better spent on some Call of Duty or House of Cards.
Volunteering is a great way to learn things, experience more of the world and meet people. There are potential financial benefits to it too which I won’t focus on, not everything needs to be about money. Helping people is known to have a positive effect on the helper, as well as the helpee. Yes, I have done volunteer work. As youth work is something I have done I mainly volunteer with groups for teenagers - underprivileged backgrounds, refugees, those in temporary accommodation etc. It is a nice change from my normal work, gets me out of the house and yes, it makes me feel good when I help people or make their day better.
As for the healthy attractive looking homeless people, perhaps they are simply able to stay healthy and clean because of places like the one you volunteered in and because of the people volunteering. Homelessness has skyrocketed in Ireland in the last year as rent has jumped hugely, 50% in some cases, many are homeless simply because they can’t afford the rent and can’t find anywhere else to go. Most of those “new homeless” want to try and stay normal and will try to keep up appearances.
Different opinions are always welcome, I am not trying to set an example for people to follow, just suggestions that people can take, leave or criticize as they wish.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1