How to warn other sellers about scam buyers

tarnia

Hi There

99.9% of my clients here are lovely. But I just had a real nasty guy. I know I cannot name any names here in the forum but I wonder if there is a way that people can see a buyers feedback so that they are aware of these types of people.

Luckily they are few and far between this guy said he would ruin my career and feedback on fiver and get me chucked off if I did not do free work which was not included in his order. Obviously I do not tollerate bullying and refused also assuming that buyers are not silly and will see how out of preportion his feedback is compared to the other over 200 I have on here.

I have obviously given my site in his feedback that is all I can do and carry on doing the best I can for all my lovely buyers 🙂

I just do not want any other sellers to go through this so If you can advise so other sellers can see this so it does not happen to them.

Tarnia x

If it was unfair and you have a record of the conversations with the buyer where he blackmailed you then you can ask Fiverr CS to remove the feedback. They don’t often but if you have records then sometimes it works.

If it helps, if I was a buyer, given all the other excellent reviews you have, I’d click through to see the context and your response and be confident in buying from you.

I believe you can leave your own comment under his?
In many cases a lot of us are aware that they are nasty buyers out there and you
can’t make everyone happy. As long as you briefly explain your side of the story,
I’m sure most people will understand and focus on your several-hundred positive reviews
rather than that one little negative.

Well if he is asking something for FREE and threatening you to give a negative feedback
thats more like it, he is using his advantage in very bad manner this is the misuse of feedback power,Buyers should demand the things that they are paying for if you Contact Customer Support about this and show them Screenshot where he is threatening you to give a negative review they will get the review deleted because its not considered to be Fair review…

There was a guy some months back here he ordered one of my gig and i delivered within 1 hour as i was free and waiting for some work to come in… He said “AMAZING CAN I SEE IT WITH 2-3 DIFFERENT COLOR OPTIONS? START IS GREAT”

I Sure Sir and Delivered 5 Different Varients all of them were good
he didn’t reply or accept, He came back after 4 - 5 days and gave me POOR RATING

I didn’t talk to him about this and contacted Customer Support and within 1 hour they deleted the review because it was not Fair he gave me 2 stars only

Is there an actual way to do that, apart from keeping a list? I went to the B’s profile to look, but can´t see a blacklist or block feature or anything.
Interesting profile, as an aside, it says English - basic for languages, no other languages.

I’m very passionate about this actually. It is possible to Google Fiverr usernames and discover reviews that have been left by and about buyers. This is why I always, mention in my review of a buyer if they have tried to scam me. For instance, I left this review of a review yesterday::

“I will create this marketing video,” doesn’t mean that you can send me a link later to a TV commercial you like and say you want that instead. You are a scam reseller who has already provided your client with copyright infringed media. Go to hell. I don’t get blackmailed to avoid bad reviews."

So, if this buyer decides to make someone else’s life hell and that seller searches for the buyer’s username, they will see that they have a history of trying to scam people.

<< It is possible to Google Fiverr usernames and discover reviews that have been left by and about buyers>>

Just saw that mentioned by Eoin in another thread, very good to hint people at it, not everyone will get that idea probably. It should be just as easy to see buyers’ reviews as it is to see sellers’ directly on the fiverr site still of course.

That’s terrible. I just had a new buyer ask for a cancellation of an article, without little information as to why he didn’t like it. In these cases I can tell he wanted the work for free. I agreed to the cancellation and promptly placed it on my own blog. If he sends it to his clients he’ll be blacklisted for plagiarizing, and Google will punish the site for a copied article. I’ve got it covered, and no negative feedback, as a cancelled order does not get any feedback.

Archived