It was my first order

mairasaleem1995

I have worked for a client i have sent all the work when client was online. He told me that i would receive $20 for the work. He did not gave me any deadline or any end date of project so we worked for like 2 weeks. I send him all the files within these two weeks. The 2nd day after receiving all the work he became offline. He had not place any order. When i got 2nd client i knew how it works and the 1st buyer did not place an order. The 1st buyer contacted me through message. He is not online. Its been 13 days. I had worked for $20 but because he haven’t came online i did not received any payment. I have sent him some messages after that but did not get any response in return. What shall i do now?

What you do now is be happy that you learnt a lesson early and for only $20 and not $100. You have to shrug it off and move on. Whatever a buyer says, NEVER work without an order. You won’t get your money now but If they still have an account you can report them to customer services under trust & privacy, bad user behaviour. This might stop them scamming someone else.

You get nothing, because you worked for free, and because you chose not to use the protective measures left by Fiverr, you have no recourse. Place a curse on his house and yell a bit. Oh, and report them to Customer support, but… you made the mistake here, and now you’re paying for it. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Salam,

Maria never start working till buyers place an order. Keep Contact with your buyer, may be if he is not scammer he will give you money. But, since he did not place an order, so chances are very low. But Keep you head high do not be upset, this is your first lesson here…

I work as a Portuguese translator on Fiverr, and offer cheaper services here because one of the great things of Fiverr is that if the clients accept your order you get paid.

A lot of persons tried to do that with me on Fiverr but I only deliver the work after they make an order, or else I know I will be working for free.

Follow the advices that were posted here: contact the Customer Support, move on and never do that again.

Happened to be very recently as well but for a $5 order. It was a long time client who has made at least 10 separate orders with me. She wanted a small change that took me like 5 minutes to do. I sent her the offer and quickly made the change since I had access to her website from a previous order. Never heard from her again. I’m kind of worried since it’s not like her at all. I hope she’s okay!

Archived